PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

3 minutes ago, Nasdotin said:

im not big six fan.  No london teams fan or sunderland.

Are u happy now? 

If you're going to join a forum, at a time of immense joy for the fan base, to try and make digs, could you do me a favour and atleast be semi-literate? :lol: 

2 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

yeah. Enjoy this, but don’t defend them.

I'm defending nobody here. It was a light hearted play in light of a new guest with the same rhetoric.

51 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

That day I was in an English lesson at school, the deputy head barged into the classroom and said "guess who is the new manager of Newcastle... Kevin Keegan!" and then ran off to the next classroom [emoji38]

His third coming was pretty close too, although marred in hindsight.

I was working at County Hall at Morpeth at the time. The news went around the place like wildfire, with not much work going on. Even the gaffers had a semi-on!

Staveley's words https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/newcastle-takeover-sportswashing-isnt-buying-a-club-in-relegation-zone-says-amanda-staveley-w0znjjtkg

When some of those violations are against women, how does a British woman get past that to work with the Saudis in the first place?

“I get the question a lot,” she said. “Well I’m a woman running a football club, which is a pretty brave thing to do for a supposedly misogynistic society. I just wouldn’t be in the job if that was the case.

“I’ve had so much support from the PIF. You can’t imagine the fight we’ve had to get to here today. I’m just really honoured and proud to work with them.”

Is this not simply sportwashing? “Absolutely not,” she said. “If that was the intention we would have bought a major franchise in the US; not a football club currently sitting in the relegation zone in the Premier League. This is about business investment and doing something special with a fantastic football club with the best fans in the world.”

2 minutes ago, NE27 said:

I'm defending nobody here. It was a light hearted play in light of a new guest with the same rhetoric.

I thought you were basically telling nbthree3 not to defend them. I was agreeing with you.

An entire city literally partying at the news that you're fucking off. :lol: :lol:

I really hope there was some tiny mote of humanity still left buried deep within Ashley that was hurt, even for just a second, at seeing the scenes :lol:

Edited by thomas

1 minute ago, nbthree3 said:

“Absolutely not,” she said. “If that was the intention we would have bought a major franchise in the US; not a football club currently sitting in the relegation zone in the Premier League

I mean,the rags to riches story in the biggest footballing league in the world wouldn't be the worst sportswashing exercise, see MCFC.

47 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

If the future is anything like the 1993-94 or 2001-02 seasons then I will be very, very happy. Want my dad to see us win a trophy too, he was resigned to thinking he'll probably die before seeing us win something last week. :lol: :smitten:

Yeah - that would be a great experience for me to share with my dad, too. He was at the Fairs Cup Final in 69, but to have gone that long without something major is heart-breaking. My old man is 74, so hopefully the next 5 or 6 years...... even a League Cup would do.

Guest reefatoon
1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

It’s not even being spoke about 😂

[emoji38] Aye even if it was just them the amounts of money would be insane. We are just topping it up with an added 700 billion for the shits and giggles.

2 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

[emoji38] Aye even if it was just them the amounts of money would be insane. We are just topping it up with an added 700 billion for the shits and giggles.

It’s crazy isn’t it especially if you just think back a week to how depressed we all where 😂