PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

4 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

It's not separate from P&L so I assume not.

I'm really not au fait with the FFP rules etc, but even if infrastructure was included, then it's only the depreciation element that goes through P&L. So if you build a new training ground for 50m (totally made up), you could say that has a life of 25 years so you only recognise depreciation of 2m a year anyway. 

As I say, no idea what FPP monitors though!

Edited by Hhtoon
I believe James so this was a  pointless accountancy lesson 

3 hours ago, Yorkie said:

It will be so wonderful having Shearer and Keegan around in roles that are entirely appropriate.

It does make me nervous admittedly. I seem to have a vague recollection of our previous owner (forget the name) doing something rather similar shortly after he arrived, and things going a bit south. :lol:

:sweetjesus:

34 minutes ago, GWN said:

sorry if already posted , canny transfer kitty :dance:

Is this the reason they were so set on us then?  Gives them the scope to spend whatever they want for the next couple of years without any issues with FFP?

From Redcafe

Hi, again, I’m saudi and I’ll try to give an insight on how PIF works and why the figure (10x richer than Man City) is not accurate.

For those who expect that Saudi is in it for image (only) should read more on how PIF operates.

PIF is a sovereign fund. One of the biggest in the world (I think only behind Norway sovereign fund, but I could be wrong)

PIF is one of the main vehicles for Saudi to diversify the economy away from oil. It’s responsible for lots of the biggest projects in the world that cost huge amounts of money (you can read on NEOM, Amala, Red Sea, Qiddeyah … and many other projects inside saudi). As well as a lot of international investments (of which new castle is now one).

PIF has clear announced returns targets that they have to meet (like all other funds). Yes, it has a lot of money, but it also has a lot of projects.

Long story short, PIF expects good returns on their investments. New Castle is not a passion project of some billionaire who liked how the stadium looks or just want to show off against other rich peers. The amount of money PIF has is irrelevant because PIF will cut its losses if returns are below what’s expected.

That being said, I do expect that PIF will invest (within reason) as long as that Investment will generate returns.

I also expect that PIF will invest in the City of New Castle as a measure to maximize returns (beyond the club itself).

8 minutes ago, simonsays said:

Is this the reason they were so set on us then?  Gives them the scope to spend whatever they want for the next couple of years without any issues with FFP?

Well, that.... And the fact that we're pure fuckin waxa. 

7 hours ago, Shearergol said:

This thread is moving at such an incredible pace that it's really hard to keep up, but does this mean that the CAT case is no longer going ahead? Obviously I don't really care either way but I've not seen or heard anything official about that?

There's really no way this gets done without a binding agreement to withdraw the CAT case. Nothing on the CAT site yet, but it probably takes a couple of days for stuff to show up on line.

4 minutes ago, Conjo said:

Actually prefer if this ended up being the case than going down the Chelsea/Man City route.

That will be good, honestly think though that they have been pushing and waiting for this for 18 months and the with the regional politics in the area, will mean that they will be going full on. 

3 minutes ago, B-more Mag said:

There's really no way this gets done without a binding agreement to withdraw the CAT case. Nothing on the CAT site yet, but it probably takes a couple of days for stuff to show up on line.

What would be really hilarious is if now this has all gone through, the CAT case got thrown out.

The fewm from the PL HQ would be hilarous. :lol:

6 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

:smitten:

These owners are night and day to him whose name I shall not mention anymore. Hope they continue in the same vein.

Everyone loved Ashley when he took over.

Used have pints in his toon top.  Dont forget...

Edited by Slim

4 hours ago, healthyaddiction said:

Apparently, as part of the deal, in the short term the SD signs have to stay up.

Then ignore that part of the deal.  Have a massive public tearing-down ceremony anyway. What's Ashley going to do?  Sue? If he does, pay him off.  It'd be worth it. Charge admission for the tearing-down/exorcism. Set up a GoFundMe account if need be..