PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

2 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Well said generally but the bold bit is something I've realised too. Another poster on here extremely generously offered me a ticket for the Spurs game but I declined because, let's face it, I've spent the last two and a half years with a depressing amount of resentment for a significant percentage of the matchgoing support; I don't really know how I feel atm about being back amongst it. Certainly don't think less of anyone who is going, of course, and I think it'll be a matter of days/weeks before I'm busting a gasket to be back there. But stuff like that from TF is just a reminder of the total planks in the support that I feel unsure about sharing a room (stadium) with. :laugh: Maybe I'm just on my high horse. 

Whoever was offering Yorkie this ticket I'll shamelessly take it.

:lol:

52 minutes ago, veriaqa said:

Honestly think that Inter was their back up.plan if they hadn’t completed buying us. I know Man City owners have other feeder clubs and I’m sure PIF will also, but it would make no sense buying another top level club, as this would give massive problems later down the line, especially with entrance to European tournaments. 

Edited by et tu brute

6 hours ago, midds said:

Levy and Spurs are clearly terrified. Honestly think they thought they had the PL in their back pocket and could simply pick up the phone and dictate policy and influence decisions. They were sitting there smugly just waiting for the official rejection of the takeover and thought they could shake off the ESL disgrace they were completely complicit in and simply rejoin the elite as they've recently become accustomed to. 

Then the lawyers had their say in court last week and the situation changed irrecoverably imo (don't know for sure). Firmly believe the PL have conducted a 100% climbdown as a result of what had been heard and told PIF to settle the piracy and it would be waved through immediately which is exactly what happened. The imagined power and influence of the so called Big 6 is essentially null and void when compared to the potential exposure of some of the PL dealing. Passing the takeover was the lesser of 2 evils. Noses firmly out of joint in North London and elsewhere. The other clubs aren't pissed off it's been passed, they're fucking apoplectic they never had another chance to throw another stick in the wheel as has been mentioned by others. The tables have been turned and it's absolutely fucking glorious. The bile and hatred from others is fuelling me, bring the cunt on.   

Reminds me that the PL only waved this frantically through in the end because they didn't want light being shed on some of their more dodgy dealings.  The shyster cunts. 

Just makes me laugh even more at the fake moralising over the NUFC ownership. Why is no one asking questions about what it is the PL was so desperate to hide?

6 hours ago, Whitley mag said:

Twats like Oliver Holt getting sly little digs in like this.

All Graves did was post the clubs video tonight.

Great stuff long may it continue, Newcastle are back hello hello

I thought that was a horrible spiteful comment, we don't need energy vaccums like Holt following our journey 

4 minutes ago, Ben said:

I thought that was a horrible spiteful comment, we don't need energy vaccums like Holt following our journey 

Reeks of jealousy tbh. Holt has always been one of those sniffy journalists who thinks he's very clever, but I'm guessing he's probably a big six club supporter at heart. Beneath the professional veneer he's probably raging. 

4 minutes ago, TRon said:

Reeks of jealousy tbh. Holt has always been one of those sniffy journalists who thinks he's very clever, but I'm guessing he's probably a big six club supporter at heart. Beneath the professional veneer he's probably raging. 

He's not the only one tho, I'm totally baffled by the reactions of these people, I suppose it's just a rich person jealousy symptom, just like that little lass off Charlie and the chocolate factory.

Woke up to some fun pages this morning.

I can't believe how much I enjoy seeing salty sacks of shit like Oliver Holt getting a bee in his bonnet because a born and bred Geordie sports journalist dared to show some emotion. I can't believe none of it pisses me off; I just laugh and continue scrolling. 

Also, is there a good song we can sing to Mr Levy on Sunday? 

I don't think it's jealousy, but it is ego. Largely thanks to Twitter, journalists are a more prominent piece of the puzzle now and two of the consequences of that are that they often play to a trend and believe their opinion is almost fact-like. Many of them have absolutely steamed into this issue and tried to corner an entire fanbase who are essentially, at this point, just going through the euphoria of winning a couple of perceived lotteries at the same time. The North East has been continuously on the backfoot for decades and they appear to expect we not feel any joy or look for any positives in the situation.

Instead, we should be miserable, discontent, and delving straight into another phase of turmoil & unrest which we're then often ridiculed for by... the media.

I don’t get it.

Where are these comments from the likes of Holt when journalists who are supporters of Liverpool or one of the Manchester clubs are fawning over their club.  

The mask has really slipped due to this.  

6 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

New piece in the athletic this morning about wanting new manager and sporting director. I haven’t got full access to post it unfortunately 

You can get it for a pound a month for 6 months.  I can dig out the offer link later.

Worth having for recent events.

10 minutes ago, David Edgar said:

You can get it for a pound a month for 6 months.  I can dig out the offer link later.

Worth having for recent events.

I signed up for a free three month trial last April thinking it would get me through the takeover process 🤣🤣

Gonna sign up again as can see Caulkin getting some exclusives.