PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

RB are the perfect example of organically building their club with signing these no name guys and having them perform so well. 

from the players and analysis standpoint. 

Edited by Kanji

1 hour ago, Wullie said:

Tbf it's quite difficult to quantify what Ashley did to the club if you haven't lived it. Relegations and financial catastrophe are much more easily understandable than "he took the hope away"

They got close to expressing it on the football ramble  - I think it was Andy Brassel, was refreshing. The just 'existing' with no end in sight.

13 minutes ago, LV said:

Mint that DC, cheers.

And thanks to you and the London lot for all the work you did to usher Ashley on his way. :thup:

Cheers man. There’s due a meet-up down here to emulate the other day and Brighton looks a big day for us.

Noted a few posts in the thread about this, but seems like the CAT was a key outcome. The fact other clubs are now kicking up a fuss likely indicates some were kept informed or updated about the process in 2020 (whether that was the Premier League or beIN). The game has gone, but we could say the same about Project Big Picture and the ESL where that came out the blue.

Disappointed with the BBC in all honesty who shared the FOI requests from 2020 as "latest news" when they didn't care back in May 2020 in our calls for transparency. You can't have it both ways.

does it not say we need to boycott Uber, Marriot, and anything to do with Star Wars and Disney.

does it not say the Queen and her family need to stop being photographed at the palace with the Prince?

Sigh treats newcastle fans like idiots as if we alone should take a stand and boycott otherwise we are morally blind. This is the leagues mess, all very well acting all superior to local mps who can see jobs and investment coming into teh area from a country we happily trade with. I do wonder if the game has gone considering teh greed etc but that is a universal problem for all premier league fans

42 minutes ago, joeyt said:

What do they want us to say or do about it? Why do radio shows, newspapers and interviews who have Newcastle fans on to talk about the takeover, football and last 14 years get met with human rights activists? What on earth can we say to said activists? Can we make them go 'oh, aye you're right, Staveley in'? I've seen more stuff about Saudi Arabian geopolitics and human rights in the last 3 days online than I've seen in the last 3 years from our own government who actually deals with them, nevermind these out-of-nowhere white collar experts on MENA conflicts and politics.

The premier league has been doing awful things for years. Now does something awful which benefits us but apparently we are the only ones who should take action about it. I completely sympathise with them talking about how absurd it is and how awful mbs is but they lose me with the newcastle fans need to take a long hard look at themselves but apparently this is just our problem? If the premier league is too lacking in morals for you (and this is totally reasonable in my opinion) then take a step back, I feel like tht a bit too, it certainly feels a little soulless. But if you want to cover man united man city derby but think our fans are crazy for enjoying this? What?

3 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

There is a nuance to be found between sneering middle class Journos and rah rah Uber/Disney/Boeing type arguments. The guy on Twitter summed it up for me personally. 

This doesn’t fall at our feet (that might get chopped off) but equally we should not be doing Saudi PR for them. Imo. 

If they have any sense whatsoever, the Saudis should just double down on making the whole thing laser focused on Newcastle and romantic Geordie nonsense and avoid even saying the words Saudi Arabia. 

Edited by Billy Pilgrim

1 minute ago, ManDoon said:

There is a nuance to be found between sneering middle class Journos and rah rah Uber/Disney/Boeing type arguments. The guy on Twitter summed it up for me personally. 

This doesn’t fall at our feet (that might get chopped off) but equally we should not be doing Saudi PR for them. Imo. 

Fully agreed, just when they interview human rights activists, like what are we meant to say? When they write these articles like above, which is actually dreadfully written, do we just nod along or something? :lol: Dunno whether I'm frustrated at it or just fewmin that its getting dropped on the shoulders of football fans who tend to not have a clue about this sort of stuff.