PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

"Meanwhile, current managing director Lee Charnley could yet stay on for slightly longer than the brief handover initially anticipated after meeting with the new owners on Friday. 

He has an in-depth knowledge of the club and its workings and, while seen by supporters as Mike Ashley’s man, is nonetheless valued as a good operator."

NUFC 360 stretching it a bit in regards to the tweet above, this is the direct quote from the daily mail article.

2 minutes ago, Schecter said:

"Meanwhile, current managing director Lee Charnley could yet stay on for slightly longer than the brief handover initially anticipated after meeting with the new owners on Friday. 

He has an in-depth knowledge of the club and its workings and, while seen by supporters as Mike Ashley’s man, is nonetheless valued as a good operator."

NUFC 360 stretching it a bit in regards to the tweet above, this is the direct quote from the daily mail article.

sounds like they want him to show them how the clubs been run so far and understand where it’s all gone wrong.

14 minutes ago, number9shirt said:

Absolutely no. I can't think of anything I'd like less

I'd love it :lol: Love watching these sports documentaries where they follow the team from the inside and giving us a little of what happens in the day to day of a sports team. 

18 minutes ago, Flip said:

I'd love it :lol: Love watching these sports documentaries where they follow the team from the inside and giving us a little of what happens in the day to day of a sports team. 

We've been a circus for far too long. We need to concentrate on putting football first.

Amanda Staveley and Mehrdad Ghodoussi are said to have ‘blown away’ staff with their ambitious, progressive plans for Newcastle United.

NewcastleWorld has learned Staveley, in presenting their United dream to gathered staff from the club and the Newcastle United Foundation, confidently revealed fans will see the Magpies win not only the Premier League, but also the Champions League during their ownership of the club.

This statement and the duo’s chatty professionalism is understood to have impressed attendees, who roundly congratulated the PCP Capital Partners directors on their purchase - and presentation.

Staveley and Ghodoussi also outlined their plans to invest heavily in the infrastructure of the club, creating new jobs and opportunities for staff already employed. Staff were told of a want for one-on-one meetings and personal development plans for every member.

Staff were said to ‘open-mouthed’ and ‘emotional’ following the presentation, which was a far cry from the wall of silence dealt their way under the 14 and a half years of silence.

Staveley and Ghodoussi are hard at work gathering information and doing research into the club and its processes before making decisions on all areas of the business, that includes a call on the future of head coach Steve Bruce.

“My message is thank you for all the incredible support you’ve given us, and we’re so grateful, and we don’t want to let anyone down,” said Staveley in a message to fans this week.

“We want to make the communication between fans and the club very fluid. We would not be here today if it wasn’t for the fans and their persistence. I got the most incredible letters and emails. I read every one. We tried to respond to every one, but we got thousands and thousands. I was so important. It kept us through dark days, and that’s why we’re here today.”

https://www.newcastleworld.com/sport/football/newcastle-united/the-shock-amanda-staveley-revelation-that-has-blown-the-minds-of-amazed-newcastle-united-staff-3413101

It took 18 bloody long months for this to happen.

18 incrediably long months for the takeover to be completed many thanks to so-called big clubs.

And now they complain it happened TOO FAST? Wtf is wrong with them?

I still cannot get my head around what has happened to us in the last few days. It's just the polar opposite to where we were under Ashley. All the positive news stories coming out about sporting directors, top managers being linked, top players being linked etc. Since Wednesday when this looked to be back on, I've been in almost like a daze, I still can't believe it.

I've just rewatched the moment it broke on sky sports news (there's a video on youtube) and it honestly brought a tear to my eye (again). I've also just watched the Staveley quick interview outside Jesmond dene house moments after the news broke, again just sat there with goosebumps as I watched. 

From where I was only a week ago, where basically I'd turned by back on football, wasn't watching any of it, not even watched us this season, I was literally 99% out, to where I am now, it's night and day. 

Back to St James on Sunday for the first time in nearly 2 years, cannot not fucking wait! HWTL!

Edited by Scoot

17 minutes ago, bigfella said:

To be fair, he's been on the right side about one other thing in the past - gun control.

Just the one thing, mind.

He was brilliant at holding the government to account over their shambolic handling of Covid to be fair.

He's still a monumental cunt though.