PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

13 minutes ago, Teasy said:

You know the replies here really are funny. Anyone who even suggests anything that doesn't fit with your ideas isnt engaged with, just dismissed.  You's lot really haven't got a clue :lol:  Not wasting my time though.  Bye.. 

There was nothing to engage with, you gave a view about making a binary choice over something that isn't binary and then said you wouldn't substantiate that view.

Edited by Jackie Broon

5 minutes ago, POOT 2.0 said:

Expressing a different opinion to yours isn't dismissing your opinion. You saying we haven't got a clue, then dismissing us...is! :lol: 

And also, two of us, including me, absolutely engaged with you by asking "support both?". Since then there was only 2 further replies. So you've massively over-reacted :lol: 

He's just dismissed your ideas, doesn't want to engage etc.

19 minutes ago, Teasy said:

You know the replies here really are funny. Anyone who even suggests anything that doesn't fit with your ideas isnt engaged with, just dismissed.  You's lot really haven't got a clue :lol:  Not wasting my time though.  Bye.. 

Someone sounds tired and teasy.

I’ve mentioned this before but I find Simon Jordan one of the straightest and most knowledgeable people in the media. You might not always agree with what he says. He might not always be right and maybe he can be guilty of going a bit easy on people he likes. But surely that applies to us all.

If you listen to his shows in full rather than the odd sound bite you’d of realised he’s been for the takeover from the beginning. Did he think at one point it was dead? Yes. So did many on here and confidence even dipped with the likes of Steve Wraith & Keith Pattinson along with many others.

Never see him as a WUM and he actually goes to lengths in criticising his co host Jim White and the rest of the media for click bait and goading journalism etc along with all the bullshit and parasites that attach themselves to football along with not shying away from criticising fans and their hypocrisy.

Also most importantly he’s quick to hold his hands up when he gets it wrong. Just my opinion like but you can tell he learnt a lot from his time owning a club. The good and the bad along with many mistakes he made 🤷‍♂️ 

He’s like Piers Morgan, picks his sides, occasionally hits the right notes and can be agreeable, but underneath all that veneer still sits a cunt.

9 minutes ago, LFEE said:

I’ve mentioned this before but I find Simon Jordan one of the straightest and most knowledgeable people in the media. You might not always agree with what he says. He might not always be right and maybe he can be guilty of going a bit easy on people he likes. But surely that applies to us all.

If you listen to his shows in full rather than the odd sound bite you’d of realised he’s been for the takeover from the beginning. Did he think at one point it was dead? Yes. So did many on here and confidence even dipped with the likes of Steve Wraith & Keith Pattinson along with many others.

Never see him as a WUM and he actually goes to lengths in criticising his co host Jim White and the rest of the media for click bait and goading journalism etc along with all the bullshit and parasites that attach themselves to football along with not shying away from criticising fans and their hypocrisy.

Also most importantly he’s quick to hold his hands up when he gets it wrong. Just my opinion like but you can tell he learnt a lot from his time owning a club. The good and the bad along with many mistakes he made 🤷‍♂️ 

I agree, he actually came out on Thursday and admitted he was wrong about the takeover, I do think he has some sort of personal vendetta against Staverly, but he does tend to justify his opinions unlike the likes of Cundy, Murphy and O'hara who are basically just thick.

2 hours ago, Teasy said:

No I'd rather just support the genuine cause of kick it out. This isn't the thread for a discussion on it so I won't continue it here.  Felt I had to comment once to the poster that brought it up.

2 replies later…

2 hours ago, Teasy said:

You know the replies here really are funny. Anyone who even suggests anything that doesn't fit with your ideas isnt engaged with, just dismissed.  You's lot really haven't got a clue :lol:  Not wasting my time though.  Bye.

Who’s dismissing who here? Proper paranoid stuff.

@Teasyis sound man, the mad old racist…

/Only joking RE racism

For what it’s worth, I support the players taking the knee if that’s their way of showing or saying no to racism, but in overall terms I support Kicking It Out and Show Racism The Red Card far more, who collectively have and will always achieve far more than just the taking of the knee. I feel taking of the knee is more personal to the players right now and more their individual and collective way when taking to the pitch to say a big fuck you/fuck off to racist cunts. Either way, whatever helps rid the game and society of racism or helps tackle it is all good!

Edited by HTT II

What is absolutely crazy is that the fact Ashley has practically run the club to the ground, has acually left the consortium with massive opportunities moving forward. Not only do they have quite a large flexibility with FFP in terms of what they can spend straight away, but they also have a huge platform to increase annual revenues all round in a big way also.  It's really like starting with a blank sheet of paper.

28 minutes ago, HTT II said:

He’s like Piers Morgan, picks his sides, occasionally hits the right notes and can be agreeable, but underneath all that veneer still sits a cunt.

Tends to be a strong positive correlation between having veneers and being a cunt. It’s like a way of people self identifying.

On 10/10/2021 at 19:17, Miggys First Goal said:

What were the early days like when Ashley first took over?

There was an old dude who warned us over and over and we took the piss out of him for moaning until he went away. What was he called? NE5 or something?

18 minutes ago, Dr Venkman said:

There was an old dude who warned us over and over and we took the piss out of him for moaning until he went away. What was he called? NE5 or something?

NE5 was just miserable and condescending though. He also painted Freddy Shepherd out to be a Saint, despite the fact he was running the club into the ground himself.

Amazing watch fly on the wall footage of the people who are running the club engaging with club staff and fans.[emoji38]

I feel like it's all a big practical joke that everyone else is in on, except me and that someone is going to go "suprise", like it was some big wind up.

I'm like a wifey who's ex partner used to batter them and can't bring himself to trust the new fella.

I'm mean, why are they being so nice? [emoji38]

Its an odd feeling looking back to July 2020 when the statement dropped from the consortium that they had pulled out. Everything has been a polarizing factor from the lows to the high throughout the last two years combined with a global pandemic - I'd actually like a bit of calm as things settle down and back to enjoying football again now this is resolved!

37 minutes ago, STM said:

NE5 was just miserable and condescending though. He also painted Freddy Shepherd out to be a Saint, despite the fact he was running the club into the ground himself.

Yeah, miserable, condescending, loved Shepherd (who I absolutely hated by that point). 100% correct about Ashley from day 1, though, wasn't he :lol:

It's mint like and really weird. I've not thought about NUFC much at all for years. I've snapped back to my obsessed days pretty quickly though, shocking how quick it's come back. I'm over the moon for my little boy. He's nearly 6, just getting into football, couldn't be better.