Jump to content

PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media


Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:


What’s PC? 

 

There’s some real good options

 

https://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/PC

 

4 minutes ago, NEEJ said:

Press conference, I'm assuming. :lol:

 

This is the least entertaining one.

 

I’m going to opt for…

 

8 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

Just to ask. Do new football club owners do. ny sort of

Physikalische Chemie when they come into their new club?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Pleased to see The Athletic doing a good job of revealing the breadth of opinion across the fanbase when it comes to the more controversial aspects of the takeover (not being sarcastic):

 

https://theathletic.com/2881976/2021/10/12/newcastle-united-survey-ashley-reign-disastrous-fans-want-conte-and-concerns-over-saudi-arabias-human-rights-record?source=user-shared-article

 

83% of respondents said they were concerned about the Saudi human rights record and 29% said they would think twice about spending in the club shop. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, morpeth mag said:

I am concerned; but not that concerned that I would boycott the club shop. Seems I'm a typical fan.

 

I'll start being concerned once all these outraged people, delete Facebook, delete twitter, delete disney plus, stop using uber, cancel there BT sports and stop watching formula 1.

 

Once all these completely outraged by our takeover people do all that, I might show some concern.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Pleased to see The Athletic doing a good job of revealing the breadth of opinion across the fanbase when it comes to the more controversial aspects of the takeover (not being sarcastic):

 

https://theathletic.com/2881976/2021/10/12/newcastle-united-survey-ashley-reign-disastrous-fans-want-conte-and-concerns-over-saudi-arabias-human-rights-record?source=user-shared-article

 

83% of respondents said they were concerned about the Saudi human rights record and 29% said they would think twice about spending in the club shop. 


Just a guess but I’d assume the average subscriber to The Athletic might be better informed on things like human rights in Saudi Arabia than the average fan.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, xLiaaamx said:

I don't get the "Its not the same when they fund Twitter etc, that's in the background and silent"

 

So what you mean is, you're fine when its swept under the rug, and you can ignore it and pretend it doesn't exist to feel good about yourself.

 

It's not the same because... ITS NOT THE SAME. As in they are putting their money in Twitter or Uber for completely different reasons.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Kasper said:


Just a guess but I’d assume the average subscriber to The Athletic might be better informed on things like human rights in Saudi Arabia than the average fan.

 

That's definitely true but anything to get the message out there that not all Geordies are horse-punching maniacs that love MBS is good with me. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Kasper said:

 

It's not the same because... ITS NOT THE SAME. As in they are putting their money in Twitter or Uber for completely different reasons.

It is kind of the same, they are investing Saudi money into a business, which is what has happened here at our club. Again I don’t - and maybe this is just my way of reckoning with it all - consider our club to be state owned, just funded by Saudi money. Saudi money ours through every economy system in the world and tens of thousands of business, where we are concerned that money just so happens to have given them an 80% slice of the pie as opposed to say a 2% slice (or whatever the figure is) of the Uber (whoever) pie.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

Does anyone know which famous philosopher decided how much of a club someone can own before fans have to prostrate themselves on the internet. And what percentage. 

Whatever size DeMarco cuts his bread in to.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HTT II said:

It is kind of the same, they are investing Saudi money into a business, which is what has happened here at our club. Again I don’t - and maybe this is just my way of reckoning with it all - consider our club to be state owned, just funded by Saudi money. Saudi money ours through every economy system in the world and tens of thousands of business, where we are concerned that money just so happens to have given them an 80% slice of the pie as opposed to say a 2% slice (or whatever the figure is) of the Uber (whoever) pie.

 

The difference is that they have completely different goals when they buy Newcastle United and when they buy shares from Uber. 

 

I dont understand the mental gymnastics around this. Can't we just accept the truth, take the critisism and get on with it?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kasper said:

 

The difference is that they have completely different goals when they buy Newcastle United and when they buy shares from Uber. 

 

I dont understand the mental gymnastics around this. Can't we just accept the truth, take the critisism and get on with it?

 

Agree with the second part, but the fact is that it doesn't matter if the goals are different, it's the same money being used by the same fund.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, et tu brute said:

 

Agree with the second part, but the fact is that it doesn't matter if the goals are different, it's the same money being used by the same fund.

 

Of course it does. If they're using the good name of Newcastle United to try and improve their international reputation, that's not the same as investing in a company to make a few quid.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, kisearch said:

Isn't the point that it's Saudi blood money, not that their goal for each is different? Why does that change anything about where the money comes from?

 

No that's not the point. I'm seriously amazed that so many people seem to be confused about what the issue is.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Rich changed the title to PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media inject a further £38.5M to cover day-to-day running costs (The Athletic)
  • Rich changed the title to PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...