PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

23 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Lee Lawler makes me want to die inside whenever I see him, like. :lol:

he’s ultimately harmless, but aye, he always seems to miss the mark for me. His constant grammatical errors, poor fashion choices, fake tan, and refusal to back boycotts have annoyed me tbh. Got in to an argument with him in his comment section after Rafa left about boycott’s, in the end his argument was “ why does everything always have to be so negative”. I tried telling him because everything about the club WAS negative, but he then Started talking about how we had actually spent some money in the transfer window that time on Maxi and Joe. Pretty sure he mentioned on his channel that boycott’s needed a big name to lead them like “ TrueGeordie”. Wonder if there’s an angle there.

Edited by Rafalove

8 minutes ago, POOT 2.0 said:

:lol: You fucking snobs! :lol: Get yourselves on TV if you feel you can better represent :coolsmiley:

NO chance I'd want to be whoring myself around, like. Face for radio, and all that :lol: 

you’re right, I feel awful for criticising him but, he grates on me. He has more balls than me to be doing all that shite, though I can’t help but feel maybe there’s a part of him that likes the attention? I mean he’ll be using that platform on sky to build his audience certainly. He has stated that his ambition is to be able to do NUFC fans tv or whatever it is, full time. Good luck to him aswell, but howay man dress like a man your age from this century. There are people in the comments section saying things like “ this is exactly what I would expect two geordies to look like”.

Klopp suggesting we will build a super team with unlimited money and be a super team guaranteed a Champions league place.  This after Liverpool spent the 70s and 80s buying up all the best talent from rival teams  in the old first division so they could dominate domestic and european competitions!  Pot calling the kettle black i think!!!

Looking ahead...in an ideal world, we get a good management team in, in the next couple of weeks, pick up some results, make one or two decent January signings, we stay up. It's summer 2022, we've got 200m to spend (approximately given what's been reported, before we hit FFP issues). So, let's say we spend 200m on 5-8 players, I think realistically, that gets us somewhere close to the 8-10 spots in the league. Maybe that's a little pessimistic, but something like Villa, Everton, West Ham area. 200m is a large sum of money, so much more than we've spent for so long, but what does that get you these days? Most half-decent players seems to cost 30-40m.

So let's say we're a somewhat established top 10 side, now what? We can't outspend anyone given FFP, unless there's loopholes i'm not aware of. So, and I know i'm getting way ahead of myself here but, what's the realistic plan to crack top 6, top 4? I think it has to be somewhat the Leicester model. We can't go out and sign the world's "best" or "elite", FFP won't allow that. It's not 2008 anymore, we can't just do what Man City basically did and outspend everyone. So how do we get there? Huge investment in the training ground and managerial and coaching setup is a must but I think the scouting....the scouting team has to be the best there is. Just as important as the manager, DoF etc. Who that might be? No clue, not up on the best in that area.

Investment in the academy is needed but that will take years to bear fruit. If we're going to somehow get near the top 6 or top 4, we need the very best scouting to unearth those gems that we can spend 10-20m and make the leap. I don't even know if it's realistic honestly. Those top few clubs are light years ahead of us. I'm as excited as anyone but realism is starting to kick in a bit and although it's been obvious from the first moment this became real, this really is a very long-term project.

Dunno, just a few random thoughts :lol:

7 minutes ago, Ankles Bennett said:

Klopp suggesting we will build a super team with unlimited money and be a super team guaranteed a Champions league place.  This after Liverpool spent the 70s and 80s buying up all the best talent from rival teams  in the old first division so they could dominate domestic and european competitions!  Pot calling the kettle black i think!!!

Genuine question but where did the money come from? Was it a case of rich owners? Or being well ran?

8 minutes ago, Ankles Bennett said:

It's a daft statement for him to make it's not even truly possible in reality, unless FFP is relaxed and then we're competing with everyone with money.

3 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

Genuine question but where did the money come from? Was it a case of rich owners? Or being well ran?

I think it was just a case of having a manager like Shankly who was way ahead of other managers who persuaded liverpool to speculate by buying the best talent from clubs that survived by selling their best players. This allowed Liverpool to dominate and even became profitable by selling their reserve players for large fees!

5 minutes ago, POOT 2.0 said:

He's not an excellency. I believe that term is only for Royalty. 

Any minister/high level position is refereed to as his excellency.

Edit: But to be honest, there is no real obligation to call him that.

Edited by Newcastle Fan

10 hours ago, Magpie said:

Bit disappointed if I'm honest 

Notice how he didn't mention that the club he's currently working for was ONE OF THE TWELVE CLUBS that tried to ruin football. 

Even if we're filthy rich now, it's going to take some very good decisions to get up to a champions league place, as we're already competing against two (three if you include PSG that we'd be competing for signings with) other bottomless pits and a whole host of other clubs that are so far ahead of us it's a joke. Just chucking money at NUFC isn't going to be anywhere near enough to bring us titles. 

18 minutes ago, Nobody said:

Notice how he didn't mention that the club he's currently working for was ONE OF THE TWELVE CLUBS that tried to ruin football. 

Even if we're filthy rich now, it's going to take some very good decisions to get up to a champions league place, as we're already competing against two (three if you include PSG that we'd be competing for signings with) other bottomless pits and a whole host of other clubs that are so far ahead of us it's a joke. Just chucking money at NUFC isn't going to be anywhere near enough to bring us titles. 

It will come with the right plan, but it’s certainly a long term one. Ashley in one way has enabled some leeway with money to spend before hitting FFP penalties and the chance to increase revenue on a big scale through sponsorship and commercial deals This will again help to allow further spending against FPP rules. However, on the other hand he has left us in a relegation place, a pretty poor squad of players and a totally shit manager. It’s going to be a longish road, but one where hope, and most importantly, genuine and continuous improvement on and off the pitch will happen. 

5 hours ago, LionOfGosforth said:

Looking ahead...in an ideal world, we get a good management team in, in the next couple of weeks, pick up some results, make one or two decent January signings, we stay up. It's summer 2022, we've got 200m to spend (approximately given what's been reported, before we hit FFP issues). So, let's say we spend 200m on 5-8 players, I think realistically, that gets us somewhere close to the 8-10 spots in the league. Maybe that's a little pessimistic, but something like Villa, Everton, West Ham area. 200m is a large sum of money, so much more than we've spent for so long, but what does that get you these days? Most half-decent players seems to cost 30-40m.

So let's say we're a somewhat established top 10 side, now what? We can't outspend anyone given FFP, unless there's loopholes i'm not aware of. So, and I know i'm getting way ahead of myself here but, what's the realistic plan to crack top 6, top 4? I think it has to be somewhat the Leicester model. We can't go out and sign the world's "best" or "elite", FFP won't allow that. It's not 2008 anymore, we can't just do what Man City basically did and outspend everyone. So how do we get there? Huge investment in the training ground and managerial and coaching setup is a must but I think the scouting....the scouting team has to be the best there is. Just as important as the manager, DoF etc. Who that might be? No clue, not up on the best in that area.

Investment in the academy is needed but that will take years to bear fruit. If we're going to somehow get near the top 6 or top 4, we need the very best scouting to unearth those gems that we can spend 10-20m and make the leap. I don't even know if it's realistic honestly. Those top few clubs are light years ahead of us. I'm as excited as anyone but realism is starting to kick in a bit and although it's been obvious from the first moment this became real, this really is a very long-term project.

Dunno, just a few random thoughts :lol:

I wouldn't have it any other way. Much rather build on solid foundations and grow towards regular CL qualification and league champion contenders gradually over a number of years while also setting up a first class academy, scouting, coaching system etc. to keep us going and become more or less self-sufficient than have the new owners spend something like 2B (if FFP even allowed for that) on the best players in the world and win everything in a fraction of the time.