PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

1 minute ago, Awaymag said:

oh this is getting interesting.   I really think Masters and Hoffman will be gone soon.   Also, how can these clubs have private meetings without NUFC attending?

All 20 clubs were involved. Lee Charnley was there representing NUFC. Went to a vote and was 18-2 to stop these dodgy sponsors 

1 minute ago, Pokerprince2004 said:

All 20 clubs were involved. Lee Charnley was there representing NUFC. Went to a vote and was 18-2 to stop these dodgy sponsors 

I refer the right honourable gentleman to the aforementioned article and in particular, the following section.

Straight after it, the 19 clubs met on their own to discuss the financial implications of having the Saudis as competitors. It led to the draft of the temporary ban on related party transactions – Newcastle would be notified of this – and then to Monday’s meeting.

Just now, Awaymag said:

I refer the right honourable gentleman to the aforementioned article and in particular, the following section.

Straight after it, the 19 clubs met on their own to discuss the financial implications of having the Saudis as competitors. It led to the draft of the temporary ban on related party transactions – Newcastle would be notified of this – and then to Monday’s meeting.

Apologies, I didn't read the last part of the article. Valid question. This whole takeover is causing so much bother

1 minute ago, Ben said:

So this means that any company that has links to the owners of a club can't sponsor said club ?

I'd imagine it's less the affiliation, and more the skewed value of said deals.

4 minutes ago, Pokerprince2004 said:

That was just the meeting with the vote to impalement it, apparently they came up with it during their No Newcastles Club meeting.

Yup - things are gonna just escalate from here. The Russian comes in at Chelsea all those years ago - nothing done. UAE takeover Man City - nothing done. Saudis takeover Newcastle and suddenly it's unfair?

Had it been Arsenal, Spurs or Man United taken over - this doesn't happen.

Edited by Big Geordie

3 minutes ago, David Edgar said:

Don't think so.  Think deals have to be at market value.  Whatever that is.

In that case my company (Bens bath soaps) would like to sponsor Newcastle for £999 million for the next 2 seasons, its my final offer, can anyone beat that.

Just get friendly countries to Saudi Arabia to sponsor us like Bahrain and then divert the money to them for the smaller sponsorships like sleeves and a market value deal with Aramco or Saudia for the main shirt sponsor so the Saudis get their prestige.

edit.

Edited by SAK

Been a total shit show so far. Maybe we're all just bent out of shape waiting so long for the actual takeover that we've got none left for anything else, however this is terrible and if they cannot see it then the whole thing is going to end up badly. 

5 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Been a total shit show so far. Maybe we're all just bent out of shape waiting so long for the actual takeover that we've got none left for anything else, however this is terrible and if they cannot see it then the whole thing is going to end up badly. 

I'm not really sure how it's been a total shit show. They've waited a week too long to get of Bruce, but what else has happened?

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

I'm not really sure how it's been a total shit show. They've waited a week too long to get of Bruce, but what else has happened?

Bruce still here

No hint of replacements being interviewed 

No hint of the dof setup getting off the ground.

Talk of slow mgt structure with no doa.

Other prem clubs trying to stop sponsorship

Players fighting 

Lack of training days 

All of the internal stuff fucks off if you sack him day 1. It's the easiest decision they will ever have to make and yet he's still here. It was a gift wrapped open goal.