PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

12 hours ago, Ben said:

I bet Jamie Reuben, one of the top 10 highest tory donors and chairman of Boris Johnson's London mayoral election campaign, is quaking in his expensive boots at the outcome of Tracy Crouch's review. It feels nice to actually be on the right side of tory cronyism for once.

Edited by Jackie Broon

I must admit I had virtually given up on NUFC but now I am absolutely spell bound with the whole takeover and the circus around it.  I wake up in the morning excited for what will or wont happen.  My work has gone to pot though checking this forum every 3 mins :lol:

14 minutes ago, Wolfcastle said:

There was a lovely picture of Brady's daughter in the papers recently sunning herself in Arab sunshine, showing off all the bling.

Not a f**k given about human rights when it came to posing for instagram or getting some sun on her arse.

Of course there was :lol:

I'm not even one to bleat on about any of this kind of stuff, but I for one have no desire to visit any of those countries as the culture and ideals are just too different for me.

But these lot are so quick to frequent these countries and party over there and all that, and then start talking about human rights. Get the heck out of here man!

Edited by KaKa

2 minutes ago, Awaymag said:

I must admit I had virtually given up on NUFC but now I am absolutely spell bound with the whole takeover and the circus around it.  I wake up in the morning excited for what will or wont happen.  My work has gone to pot though checking this forum every 3 mins :lol:

This club is something else :lol:

Some decisive action needs to happen soon. In fairness they did say they are conducting a complete and thorough review but some things that are more obvious need to be addressed sooner.

AS shouldn’t be running the club day to day, it’s not her area of expertise and the likes of Lee Charnley who is staying on, you really don’t want someone like him having the chance to worm his way into their thinking.

I’d even give Peter Kenyon a temporary role if he’s available. Someone with big club experience who can hit the ground running. He did this at Chelsea for about a season when Abramovich took over before they got their own people in.

I thought checks to avoid inflated sponsorships was already in place 

This just seems bollocks and considering how City and Leicester are sponsored, I fail to see how this could even stand up

The behaviour of other clubs is pathetic, I hope this pisses the consortium off and they go even bigger through other loopholes. Like someone suggested a club buying Shelvey for daft money

4 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

Some decisive action needs to happen soon. In fairness they did say they are conducting a complete and thorough review but some things that are more obvious need to be addressed sooner.

AS shouldn’t be running the club day to day, it’s not her area of expertise and the likes of Lee Charnley who is staying on, you really don’t want someone like him having the chance to worm his way into their thinking.

I’d even give Peter Kenyon a temporary role if he’s available. Someone with big club experience who can hit the ground running. He did this at Chelsea for about a season when Abramovich took over before they got their own people in.

100% but im sure they know that

Throughout the Ashley years I always wondered why he never gave a football man the top job at the club. Any decent hire would have been able to show him how sensible investments in key areas would massively increase his returns. I initially hoped that would be Rafa but alas it wasnt to be 

Thinking about this I do kind of sympathise with them I imagine there are so many people jostling to try to worm their way into some position or role with the team in order to get their hands on some Saudi riches.

You can already get sense of it from the players and managers being linked with us all of a sudden, no doubt down to smarmy agents the world over. I do not envy the lot that have just taken over at all. I really hope they've got some decent football people around them with the right intentions.

40 minutes ago, NEEJ said:

She's a proper arsehole, like. 

Arsehole like the Victoria Tunnels I'd imagine after being involved with the dildo brothers that long, she's always got a weird grimace on the apprentice. Telling.

45 minutes ago, NEEJ said:

She's a proper arsehole, like. 

Likely some Amanda envy in there too, with how well Staveley's been received. Probably doesn't want another high profile woman in football stealing some shine of her.

27 minutes ago, Awaymag said:

I just wish they would sack Bruce so I can enjoy all of this drama. [emoji38]

I can't enjoy it again until Bruce is gone. Loved from the day it went through up until it was confirmed he was taking the Spurs game. Now I'm back in anger mode until he's gone. :lol: Sack him and/or get someone else in and I'll be hyped for Palace and Chelsea.

6 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

I can't enjoy it again until Bruce is gone. Loved from the day it went through up until it was confirmed he was taking the Spurs game. Now I'm back in anger mode until he's gone. :lol: Sack him and/or get someone else in and I'll be hyped for Palace and Chelsea.

It’ll get worrying if they let him manage another game. That would be mental. 

4 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

It’ll get worrying if they let him manage another game. That would be mental. 

Aye. Watched that montage Sky played a few times to that Sam Fender tune again a few minutes ago, almost got emotional but remembered that we're managed by a dickhead who hasn't a clue.

13 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Yeah, Bruce has properly wound me up this past week :lol:

I think we all just need to take a deep breath though. I'm beginning to think that Mehdrad is aiming very high, and has kind of started by going for the very best and is working his way down rom there to see what is possible, which I can't be mad at.

For whatever reason they have decided to leave Bruce as the incumbent in the meantime, and have deemed it the best approach for now. If we end up getting someone really good it will all be forgiven that's for sure. Here's hoping!

Edited by KaKa

Just now, KaKa said:

Yeah, Bruce has properly wound me up this past week :lol:

I think we all just need to take a deep breath though. I'm beginning to think that Mehdrad is aiming very high, and has kind of started by going for the very best and his working his way from there, which I can't be mad at.

For whatever reason they have decided to leave Bruce as the incumbent in the meantime, and have deemed it the best approach for now. If we end up getting someone really good it will all be forgiven that's for sure. Here's hoping!

It's not though and should be called out as being not so. If we can get a worldie like Conte then it wouldn't matter if Bruce is there or not. Bruce is actively hindering our chances of points against beatable sides, removing him may remove that hindrance as Jones might not give the players 3 or 4 days off a week in the lead up to winnable games.

Just now, HaydnNUFC said:

It's not though and should be called out as being not so. If we can get a worldie like Conte then it wouldn't matter if Bruce is there or not. Bruce is actively hindering our chances of points against beatable sides, removing him may remove that hindrance as Jones might not give the players 3 or 4 days off a week in the lead up to winnable games.

Yes, I agree with you on that for sure. I'm hoping they've now realised this and he's gone this week now, even if they need more time to get in their man. Let's see.

Hoping this all ends with us announcing a really good manager that we probably didn't think we could get. If it ends with a Howe or Lampard I will cry.

Just now, KaKa said:

Yes, I agree with you on that for sure. I'm hoping they've now realised this and he's gone this week now, even if they need more time to get in their man. Let's see.

Hoping this all ends with us announcing a really good manager that we probably didn't think we could get. If it ends with a Howe or Lampard I will cry.

Just posted in the other thread, Howe is far from my first choice but I'd take him all day ahead of Gerrard, Lampard and Martinez.

Can the Saudis not just give us money like the clubs below ? Is so fucking corrupt man.

According to business of football account Swiss Ramble, the Russian has given the Stamford Bridge side £440 million in the past five years. Everton's owners are second, having financed the club with £299 million and Aston Villa are third with £193 million.