PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

Just now, Thomson Mouse said:

What, they might be slightly less sensitive about someone wandering around in how they dress?

It surprised me, but had no problem taking it off immediately 

In fact, it made me realise what a bunch of cunts the British can be abroad

1 minute ago, Thomson Mouse said:

What, they might be slightly less sensitive about someone wandering around in how they dress?

It surprised me, but had no problem taking it off immediately 

That probably offended them more 🙂

42 minutes ago, Thomson Mouse said:

That’s interesting. I was in Dubai in 2002 and did a dessert safari in one of the Landcruisers. Got back to the Jumeriah Beach hotel in Arab dress and was told to take it off as it was disrespectful and that was from an Arab.

Hope you called him a snowflake!

11 minutes ago, FloydianMag said:

Yep, instead of dressing up in English national dress, as Morris Dancers.

This is literally what Morris dancing is. People think it’s some ancient folk thing but it isn’t, it’s a court fashion thing that stemmed from how the  Early Modern English court thought the moors (black Africans in general to them, not specifically moors) danced. So Morris dancing = moorish dancing and is basically just minstrel level nonsense. 

Edited by Billy Pilgrim

16 minutes ago, Kaizero said:

Spot on actually.

I read some black people on twitter saying they don't find black face offensive at all and that it's great to see people from a different culture portraying them in stereotypical fashion.

Snowflake brigade striking again being offended on someone else's part.

Not really the same though is it?

Anyway if KIO find it racist then that should be that; they’re the authority and their view on it should definitely be respected.

Over here though, everyone was actually quite chuffed/touched about the whole thing, finding it funny and heartwarming. News reports were largely complimentary over the Newcastle fans and the welcome they gave to the governor.

5 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Anyway if KIO find it racist then that should be that; they’re the authority and their view on it should definitely be respected.

Over here though, everyone was actually quite chuffed/touched about the whole thing, finding it funny and heartwarming. News reports were largely complimentary over the Newcastle fans and the welcome they gave to the governor.

Aye I have Arab pals or people I know and they don’t seem to give a fuck, mind they do live in England right now.

10 minutes ago, Thomson Mouse said:

I’m not sure what the problem is.

They don’t want morons wandering pissed up in their national attire. Respect that.

I get that, but their country has basically just bought a football club which will sell alcohol in the grounds to sad pissed up ‘morons’…

Guest neesy111
Just now, HTT II said:

I get that, but their country has basically just bought a football club which will sell alcohol in the grounds to sad pissed up ‘morons’…

Yeah there's a lot of hypocrisy with it but there is with everything with the world nowadays.

Dressing up in Arab gear at an Arab event in Arabia is something that the Arabs absolutely love. It’s not quite the same thing doing it here. A bit like how Indians like it when outsiders dress up in Indian gear for a wedding but you’d probably look a tit if you did it for the football. 

Newcastle United issues guidance on matchday attire

Newcastle United is kindly asking supporters to refrain from wearing traditional Arabic clothing or Middle East-inspired head coverings at matches if they would not ordinarily wear such attire.

A number of supporters have recently attended St. James' Park wearing associated head coverings and robes, marking the takeover of the club by the Public Investment Fund (PIF), PCP Capital Partners and RB Sports & Media.

No-one among the new ownership group was in any way offended by the attire of the fans who chose to celebrate in this way. It was a gesture that was acknowledged as positive and welcoming in its intent.

However, there remains the possibility that dressing this way is culturally inappropriate and risks causing offence to others. All visitors to the club are, as always, encouraged to wear whatever is the norm for their own culture or religion, continuing to reflect the broad and rich multicultural communities and groups from which the club proudly draws its support.

45 minutes ago, NE27 said:

How hard is it not to turn up in Arab head gear for a football match ffs

:lol:

'OH WHEN THE MAGSS...... OH WHEN THE MAAAA...... Ffs....hew Paul... Am gona have to gan hyem to get changed, av fuckin done it again haven't a' 

6 minutes ago, neesy111 said:

Yeah there's a lot of hypocrisy with it but there is with everything with the world nowadays.

Oh aye, and for me the statement is more about letting anyone criticising the club when fans do, know that if they continue to do so (the fans continuing and any following criticism) the club shouldn’t be held fully accountable because they’ve made their stance clear. I think it will die down eventually anyway, this is all a novelty really. I hope it does anyway, but I’m not going to condemn some dafties for dressing up and going about things in a happy way nor call them out as being racists or whatever.

Edited by HTT II

Just now, HTT II said:

Oh aye, and for me the statement is more about letting anyone criticising the club when fans do, know that if they continue to do so (the fans continuing and any following criticism) the club shouldn’t be held fully accountable. I think it will die down eventually anyway, this is all a novelty really. I hope it does anyway, but I’m not going to condemn some dafties for dressing up and going about things in a happy way nor call them out as being racists or whatever.

I agree. Nothing wrong with the statement. Think the debate has been why we’re they forced to make it in the first place. Club just covering their arse which is fair enough in the world we live in now. It will die down. Especially at home games. Can imagine a few still at the next away game but they will grow tired of it once the novelty has worn off.