PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

Around the 2:30 mark he says 'if people are so worried about competition then it shows there's a serious contender coming their way' (mentions it's a PIF investment and one of many, investing in the stadium the academy the team etc) 

1 hour ago, Jackie Broon said:

Well our owners are now the ones asking the fans kindly not to do it.

End of argument, case fucking closed.

Yes the owners don't really want to be embroiled in any of it for whatever reason, can't say I blame them for that. Hopefully that's the last we'll hear of it. 

1 minute ago, Unbelievable said:

Not sure it’s a good idea to have the Finance minister of the country make such comments if they are intent of keeping the separation charade going

He’s talking about PIF as a business, and what to expect from them. Separation isn’t an issue now. This was just the guys opinion after being asked the questions. As I saw it. 

4 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

Not sure it’s a good idea to have the Finance minister of the country make such comments if they are intent of keeping the separation charade going

I mean the money for PiF comes from the Saudi state, this isn't under dispute, so why shouldn't he talk about it in general terms?  He's not running PiF, that's the entire point.

29 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

He's on the PIF board so he was obviously just speaking with his PIF hat on rather than his finance minister hat, obviously.

giphy.gif

Edited by Jackie Broon

2 hours ago, PauloGeordio said:

He’s talking about PIF as a business, and what to expect from them. Separation isn’t an issue now. This was just the guys opinion after being asked the questions. As I saw it. 

Didn’t PL say they could take measures if it ever proved to be the case that KSA was in effect running NUFC?

5 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

Didn’t PL say they could take measures if it ever proved to be the case that KSA was in effect running NUFC?

I believe they did, but horse has bolted now. If they couldn’t prove it to block deal I doubt they can going forward. 

Now that they are in were going by the same rules as Manchester City, who’s owner is the deputy prime minister of the United Arab Emirates and He is also the owner of the Abu Dhabi United Group (who own city), an investment company for the Abu Dhabi royal family, basically exactly the same as the PIF. So if they try to expel us they would also have to expel City

Edited by nufcnick

1 hour ago, et tu brute said:

He's on the PIF board, what's wrong with him talking about us and making comments?

Nothing much if that’s the case. I was just going of the caption that he was KSA minister of finance.

i doubt separation will come back to bite, but it’s abundantly clear the 18 clubs minus City will keep digging.

1 hour ago, nufcnick said:

Now that they are in were going by the same rules as Manchester City, who’s owner is the deputy prime minister of the United Arab Emirates and He is also the owner of the Abu Dhabi United Group (who own city), an investment company for the Abu Dhabi royal family, basically exactly the same as the PIF. So if they try to expel us they would also have to expel City

However they did say new rules wouldn't be applied retrospectively....so it's ok for City, but not for us

19 minutes ago, New Beginnings said:

Theyve just showed that clip on SSN with the smug presenter inferring there's clearly no separation 

This is relentless!

Saw that. Said they’d also reached out to the PL who said they still have no issues with the separation. 

They (Sky) are actively wanting this to go tits up like. They’re not even being subtle about it. 

2 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

However they did say new rules wouldn't be applied retrospectively....so it's ok for City, but not for us

That’s the new rules that are applying to owner sponsorship, not our ownership

22 minutes ago, New Beginnings said:

Theyve just showed that clip on SSN with the smug presenter inferring there's clearly no separation 

This is relentless!

He’s a member of the PIF board, so is totally within his rights to talk about us as our majority owner, I think because he was being interviewed as the KSA minister of finance and not a PIF board member, he was trying to refer to PIF and NUFC as they.

3 minutes ago, wyn davies said:

suppose as mentioned elsewhere , PIF sponsor Citeh and Etihad sponsor us.

Wouldn’t get away with that, but there is nothing stopping the club opening a few club shops in Saudi and the PIF giving all 20m adult males £60 to buy a new Newcastle top, even if the club only got half that would still add up to £600m per season