PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

6 minutes ago, TheGuv said:

I’m sorry like. You can’t be happy with PIF changing the stadium name because they’ll throw a bit of money at it. Can we not remember the outpouring of dismay when the name was changed to the Sports Direct Arena?

The hypocrisy stinks.

People also complained about Mike Ashleys treatment of workers but are happy about Saudi Arabia owning us. Let's be honest, the upset was about Mike Ashley more than about anything else. I don't think it's that hypocritical to not want Sports Direct Arena as the stadium name given it's a shitty brand, and shitty name, owned by a shitty owner that was paying nothing for it. Whereas this could be a means to an end, where due to fair play, if we want to start to challenge financially at the top we need to find ways of making more commercial income and this is one possible way. It's at least worth the discussion and I don't think makes a hypocrit of anyone.

8 minutes ago, TheGuv said:

I’m sorry like. You can’t be happy with PIF changing the stadium name because they’ll throw a bit of money at it. Can we not remember the outpouring of dismay when the name was changed to the Sports Direct Arena?

The hypocrisy stinks.

The club got absolutely nothing out of the SD Arena stuff, which wouldn't be the case here, so I dunno if you can say its hypocritical... Not that I want us to change the name for any reason. 

5 minutes ago, NEEJ said:

I'd be happy with it as long as it was a token name change to pump some money into the club. "St James' Park sponsored by X" would be fine by me. 

It won't matter regardless. They could rename it the Sabic Arena, or Aramaco at StJames, and it will still get called St James by everyone except Sky.

9 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

It won't matter regardless. They could rename it the Sabic Arena, or Aramaco at StJames, and it will still get called St James by everyone except Sky.

You think salty non-Newcastle football fans will still call it St. James'? :lol: Some of my friends still refer to it as Sports Direct Arena.

I don’t want St James’s Park renamed. It’s intrinsically linked to the club and our history. If we win something I want it to be at St James’s Park not the Aramco Arena or anything like that.

If we build a new stadium at some point then yeah ok. But I’d be kind of gutted if we even moved stadium. 

7 hours ago, Rod said:

I never got to thank you Manor.  You kept my spirits up during the takeover saga.  I also honestly believed it was going to happen (arseholes now looking at my history).  Thank you so much.  Did you ever receive apologies?

Thanks Rod, I honestly do not think apologies are in any way needed. It was a 'difficult' period that we all went through, and now we can all enjoy together so many fantastic experiences (both major ones and minor 'everyday' ones) in our permanently B I G future together. 

We are indeed now Newcastle UNITED :celb::celb::celb: 

Doesn't have to be full out naming rights, just main stadium sponsor...i.e. Replace all the SD tat with new sponsor. That's worth money. If Everton can sponsor their training ground for £12m a year then a visible sponsor on match day is worth £30-40m without changing its name. 

Just now, Dokko said:

Doesn't have to be full out naming rights, just main stadium sponsor...i.e. Replace all the SD tat with new sponsor. That's worth money. If Everton can sponsor their training ground for £12m a year then a visible sponsor on match day is worth £30-40m without changing its name. 

what :lol:

“Aramco St James’ Park” would be less offensive to me. In reality, it’d always be called SJP. Putting a sponsor’s name directly before it would have little impact.

When Ashley tried to do it, it was such a hideously long name and had no financial benefit to the club.

I’d object if we were suggesting “Aramco Stadium” or something similar. 

Edited by Fantail Breeze

9 hours ago, et tu brute said:

Wonder how they will get a vote on it? Not the Trust as they’re only concerned about their ‘members’, not a public vote as you will get other clubs fans and mackems voting, so I would guess it would be carried out using the club’s own membership.

Season ticket holders would be the fairest way I'd imagine 

5 minutes ago, Bishops Finger said:

Season ticket holders would be the fairest way I'd imagine 

Are season ticket holders not members also? I include membership as there are people who are not season ticket holders (work/family commitments) who still go to games. 

A Chronicle poll, surely. Can't restrict it to 35000 season ticket holders. Members would be close but then the same accusations thrown at the Trust, could be levelled at the owners.

I detest the Chronicle, but if the new owners can build a good relationship with mutual integrity, then it could be healthy, going forwards. The new owners say they want to embrace the fans, and the community and the Chronicle [as the only local paper, should be the platform for that to be facilitated.

31 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

A Chronicle poll, surely. Can't restrict it to 35000 season ticket holders. Members would be close but then the same accusations thrown at the Trust, could be levelled at the owners.

I detest the Chronicle, but if the new owners can build a good relationship with mutual integrity, then it could be healthy, going forwards. The new owners say they want to embrace the fans, and the community and the Chronicle [as the only local paper, should be the platform for that to be facilitated.

But you know which lot would hijack any Ronniegill poll!