PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

5 hours ago, TheGuv said:

I’m sorry like. You can’t be happy with PIF changing the stadium name because they’ll throw a bit of money at it. Can we not remember the outpouring of dismay when the name was changed to the Sports Direct Arena?

The hypocrisy stinks.

Meanwhile, in the real world, the club needs to make money to compete at the top. I don’t want SJP renamed but if we’ve got to do it to compete, it’s a necessary evil. 

Everyone is a hypocrite, by the way, it’s no basis on which to make any kind of decision (particularly a business decision). It’s as plentiful as opinions.

28 minutes ago, MagCA said:

Does anybody know what “articles of association” are on Companies House? The JV1 used by Staveley and Jamie a Reuben has updated them today and able to view in a few days. 

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/model-articles-for-private-companies-limited-by-shares/model-articles-for-private-companies-limited-by-shares

Basically sets out how the company is run.

13 hours ago, Rod said:

I never got to thank you Manor.  You kept my spirits up during the takeover saga.  I also honestly believed it was going to happen (arseholes now looking at my history).  Thank you so much.  Did you ever receive apologies?

:thup: 

Same, him and Whitley Park in particular kept me hoping against hope. 

Kieran Maguire, football finance guy https://www.footballinsider247.com/newcastle-united-can-earn-30m-a-match-as-plan-revealed-maguire/

Maguire claims that one solution is to organise money-spinning pre-season tours of Saudi Arabia

“If one route is closed, you try and explore alternative avenues,” he told Football Insider correspondent Adam Williams.

“If you have to stop, say, a naming rights deal, what do you do next? You could go on a pre-season tour of Saudi Arabia and charge £30m per match.

“For every one rule, there is always another loophole. That is one of the first things you learn when you study law to any extent.

“I would be looking at alternative ways of funding the club if you can’t do it through the traditional routes, sponsorship and commercial arrangements.”

5 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

Kieran Maguire, football finance guy https://www.footballinsider247.com/newcastle-united-can-earn-30m-a-match-as-plan-revealed-maguire/

Maguire claims that one solution is to organise money-spinning pre-season tours of Saudi Arabia

“If one route is closed, you try and explore alternative avenues,” he told Football Insider correspondent Adam Williams.

“If you have to stop, say, a naming rights deal, what do you do next? You could go on a pre-season tour of Saudi Arabia and charge £30m per match.

“For every one rule, there is always another loophole. That is one of the first things you learn when you study law to any extent.

“I would be looking at alternative ways of funding the club if you can’t do it through the traditional routes, sponsorship and commercial arrangements.”

Wouldn't be too surprised if he becomes part of our consultancy crew. He's always been positive towards the consortium.

2 hours ago, Kanji said:

30m a match, preseason tour of Saudi. Hahah! love it. Hahaha! OK, PL - we just made 120m in our 4 match tour, paid up front. Go fuck yourselves. 

Don't even have to play the first team. Just be blatantly corrupt about it and play the U18s behind closed doors against a local side. Fuck them.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10121965/Newcastle-Man-City-fear-rivals-ganging-ownerships.html

Newcastle and Manchester City are unhappy at being targeted by the rest of the Premier League after the chief executive of another club this week called for curbs on investment from companies specifically from the Gulf.

Sportsmail has learned that the explicit geopolitical reference to funding from the region came in an email sent to the other clubs before the emergency Premier League meeting on Monday, at which they voted to introduce a one-month ban on sponsorship involving related parties.

Newcastle voted against the proposal and City abstained, due to doubts over whether the ban is legally enforceable and the speed with which the restriction was being introduced.

The tone of some of the other correspondence between the clubs this week also raised eyebrows, particularly the tendency to lump Newcastle and City together due to their ownership groups — Saudi Arabia and Abu Dhabi respectively. 

3 hours ago, nbthree3 said:

Be a lot easier not to say infinitely fairer to just allow the shirt sponsor, but noooo, the hateful 18 had to be c**ts about it.

10 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10121965/Newcastle-Man-City-fear-rivals-ganging-ownerships.html

Newcastle and Manchester City are unhappy at being targeted by the rest of the Premier League after the chief executive of another club this week called for curbs on investment from companies specifically from the Gulf.

Sportsmail has learned that the explicit geopolitical reference to funding from the region came in an email sent to the other clubs before the emergency Premier League meeting on Monday, at which they voted to introduce a one-month ban on sponsorship involving related parties.

Newcastle voted against the proposal and City abstained, due to doubts over whether the ban is legally enforceable and the speed with which the restriction was being introduced.

The tone of some of the other correspondence between the clubs this week also raised eyebrows, particularly the tendency to lump Newcastle and City together due to their ownership groups — Saudi Arabia and Abu Dhabi respectively. 

Absolutely ludicrous that

The clubs in their fear have completely lost the plot.  I'm no legal expert but I don't see how any of this holds up

First you have the absurd restriction of sponsorship and then you get a bit of casual racism thrown into the mix

25 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Really hope that’s true like. No doubt it was the Brexit loving Parish as well. :lol: 

By all accounts it was according to the Athletic earlier in week.

The fox is in the hen house now, it’s to late lads.

Edited by Whitley mag

Guest reefatoon

All this shit just proves how hard certain clubs were pushing to stop our takeover and make it drag on so long. Bunch of corrupt bastards the lot of them.

9 hours ago, Whitley mag said:

By all accounts it was according to the Athletic earlier in week.

The fox is in the hen house now, it’s to late lads.

I can just imagine how more determined all of this is making the Saudis to succeed with us.

We are under all types of attack from all sorts of areas.

These people will undoubtedly live to regret their very stupid actions.

(Can't wait !!! [emoji38])

Edited by manorpark

So do the likes of West Ham and Villa think this will help them bridge the gap between them and City?

I mean footballs fucked, this is all completely vile and I wish none of it had ever happened and we were back to the 90s, but since the rift in money between the clubs has gotten to this point their only hope of ever competing is to go down the same route we have. We'll be fine, there's no way they will be able to legally put in place enough roadblocks at this point, but they might be in place if ISIS or some other conglomerate ever purchase them, in which case they're really just fucking themselves.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

13 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

So do the likes of West Ham and Villa think this will help them bridge the gap between them and City?

I mean footballs fucked, this is all completely vile and I wish none of it had ever happened and we were back to the 90s, but since the rift in money between the clubs has gotten to this point their only hope of ever competing is to go down the same route we have. We'll be fine, there's no way they will be able to legally put in place enough roadblocks at this point, but they might be in place if ISIS or some other conglomerate ever purchase them, in which case they're really just fucking themselves.

:lol:

11 hours ago, Kanji said:

30m a match, preseason tour of Saudi. Hahah! love it. Hahaha! OK, PL - we just made 120m in our 4 match tour, paid up front. Go fuck yourselves. 

Not even something they could provide rules against really. Unless they try to control friendly games now aswell. 

btw i seem to recall that it was said if we were ever taken over we'd be in a position to spend big even taking FFP into account because of how Ashley ran the club over the last few years, has it been speculated yet how much that might run to without any changes to sponsorship and such?

5 minutes ago, mrmojorisin75 said:

btw i seem to recall that it was said if we were ever taken over we'd be in a position to spend big even taking FFP into account because of how Ashley ran the club over the last few years, has it been speculated yet how much that might run to without any changes to sponsorship and such?

Was like £170m or something that was touted during the takeover.

1 minute ago, Hanshithispantz said:

You would imagine like [emoji38]

In either case we really should be trying to save as much as possible going forwards and prudent as we can now imo. I don't want an early City situation spunking money on mercenaries like Robinho only for them to be a complete non fit. 

Nah course, would hope we go for young(er) players with something to prove that you get something out of long term but I suppose we have more immediate needs.  I'd be more than satisfied with a couple of a good loans in Jan and a couple of ~£20m players along the lines of Lingaard if you could pull that off.  Get us stabilised then have a proper look at it.

Save the money for Harlaand in the summer amirite