PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

4 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Not really because the initial statement and my post had dozens of people commenting on here and even before both we had dozens of posts going over many pages on here about it. This statement come out and we’ve had one person saying they’d missed it and I’ve had your one and only response so far and the statements been out the whole weekend.

Thats untrue also as the original statement came out after the Spurs game only after KIO had approached them and we’ve not had a game for anyone to defy the club’s request before the U-Turn prior to the Crystal Palace game. So having another dig at people dressing up is misplaced as the club had ok’d it and rightfully so.

My main point all along was it was harmless fun and would eventually die off and the original statement was clearly put out against what they really thought about it all and simply a reaction to KIO.

Ive nothing against KIO and support most of what they do but on this occasion I felt they got involved for the wrong reasons due to the profile of the takeover. 

Let’s hope now the club have ok’d it that people can except those having a little bit of fun in their lives is exactly what they are doing rather than cast them as idiots.

Tbf, the statement came out at half time in the Palace game but the rest of the post I completely agree with.

The wording of KIO's initial statement was OTT and preachy and would clearly cause those it was aimed at to double down and continue. As I posted yesterday, they're now in a position I don't envy- if they're going to issue a strongly worded statement everytime they see something that "could be offensive" they're going to be very busy and piss a lot of people off. Starting with Crystal Palace.

Nobody gets everything right all the time and hopefully there's a lesson been learnt about picking their battles.

20 minutes ago, LFEE said:

My apologies I hadn’t realised it had come out at HT. Bit of an odd time to release it and in my defence a statement like that has to go through many channels so was probably intended for before the game but point taken.

Exactly my sentiments. They would’ve been best off not releasing anything after the KIO meeting and let the dust settle and get the lay of the land.

I haven’t seen the second statement at all until I saw it here. The first one was on twitter quite a bit.

45 minutes ago, geordiesteve710 said:

Tbf, the statement came out at half time in the Palace game but the rest of the post I completely agree with.

The wording of KIO's initial statement was OTT and preachy and would clearly cause those it was aimed at to double down and continue. As I posted yesterday, they're now in a position I don't envy- if they're going to issue a strongly worded statement everytime they see something that "could be offensive" they're going to be very busy and piss a lot of people off. Starting with Crystal Palace.

Nobody gets everything right all the time and hopefully there's a lesson been learnt about picking their battles.

Dan Roan had done a compare and contrast Tweet about it at (Saturday) 15:27 so I think it’s went out before KO and has slowly filtered through during the first half. Point taken though that it was late in the day for those going to the CP game.

Exactly my sentiments. They would’ve been best off not releasing anything after the KIO meeting and let the dust settle and get the lay of the land but in the main concentrate on the football.

5 hours ago, ManDoon said:

I got you, I guess I mean like it’s I don’t see the things as the same. They have a 5 percent stake in Uber, and I believe they’ve sold some off last year. I don’t think it’s a fair comparison people are making. I’m not wealthy but if had a couple mill I could buy into Uber. I can’t buy any of Newcastle and you don’t need to pass any tests to get a stake of Uber. I think Morgan Stanley own more Uber than PIF 

Yeah, anybody who tries to use those type of investments needs to frame the argument better. If there was some materiality to those investments - then maybe those public companies would engage into some dialogue of sorts but given they are large dollar low % investments, I assume they didn’t. 

It is quite something though if Palace and Man United’s ownership either took legit placed capital in prior companies or current club’s commercial income via a source they are actively lobbying against in the PL. while it’s not surprise to me, it’s really wild how co mingled this shit is - I wouldn’t doubt many of the Pl owners have invested in and with folks with dodgy links that their fans wouldn’t like….

But there are no friends in business when it relates to sport. It’s quite sickening in that it just seems heavily predatory and bent. But ho hum, right?

Edited by Kanji

3 hours ago, LFEE said:

Dan Roan had done a compare and contrast Tweet about it at (Saturday) 15:27 so I think it’s went out before KO and has slowly filtered through during the first half. Point taken though that it was late in the day for those going to the CP game.

Exactly my sentiments. They would’ve been best off not releasing anything after the KIO meeting and let the dust settle and get the lay of the land but in the main concentrate on the football.

Fair enough. The club tweet with it was 15:58 so I just assumed that's when the statement was put out. Also heard a theory (that I'm not sure on the logic behind) that it was a hastily-arranged "fuck you" in response to the Palace banner. I hope not because we really don't need the club being run by daft impulsive types.

Agree with your comments re the first club statement, but my comments were also about KIO who in hindsight should have approached the club in private rather than tipping SSN off that they urgently needed to raise the issue woth the club. (In fairness they didn't actually release a statement themselves which is what I had incorrectly remembered.)

1 hour ago, geordiesteve710 said:

Fair enough. The club tweet with it was 15:58 so I just assumed that's when the statement was put out. Also heard a theory (that I'm not sure on the logic behind) that it was a hastily-arranged "fuck you" in response to the Palace banner. I hope not because we really don't need the club being run by daft impulsive types.

Agree with your comments re the first club statement, but my comments were also about KIO who in hindsight should have approached the club in private rather than tipping SSN off that they urgently needed to raise the issue woth the club. (In fairness they didn't actually release a statement themselves which is what I had incorrectly remembered.)

There might be some logic in that theory but like I discovered the statement was clearly prepared earlier and weirdly release by the clubs Twitter later than various journalists. I agree regarding KIO’s approach…

6 hours ago, LFEE said:

Ive nothing against KIO and support most of what they do but on this occasion I felt they got involved for the wrong reasons due to the profile of the takeover.

Like I said above but maybe didn’t make it clear I thought their approach was opportunist and not thought out and (like you say) they played it out in the media which lost them a little credibility IMO.

Hopefully the club and fans can move on from it all 🤞🏻 But it’s a sign of things to come sadly.

During 14 years of MA ownership we deal with talking about his ownership. We spent 4 of those years very recently dealing with constant sale speculation, of those 4 years - 2 of which with PIF/PCP/RB and out of nowhere we get sold a few weeks ago. And here we are still talking about ownership :lol:

12 minutes ago, Kanji said:

During 14 years of MA ownership we deal with talking about his ownership. We spent 4 of those years very recently dealing with constant sale speculation, of those 4 years - 2 of which with PIF/PCP/RB and out of nowhere we get sold a few weeks ago. And here we are still talking about ownership :lol:

It was the same in the 80’s and 90’s. Even the golden period of Hall & Shepherd was littered with many controversies 🙂

1 minute ago, Ben said:

Nee way, not Mandy 

Hope not. I imagine the last two weeks have been a massive eye opener for her as to just how high profile and subject to scrutiny her role at the club is going to be. I hope she can handle it.

10 minutes ago, MagCA said:

She also has a very serious degenerative disease so I can see her taking a back seat at some point soon. Probably once the upper hierarchy is established. 

Huntington’s onset can take years to develop when carrying the gene. I speak from having personal family experience. She could be working for many years with no symptoms showing to hinder the driven women that she obviously is. I’m sure time will tell. Bless her.

Edited by PauloGeordio

2 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

Huntington’s onset can take years to develop when carrying the gene. I speak from having personal family experience. She could be working for many years with no symptoms showing to hinder the driven women that she obviously is. I’m sure time will tell. Bless her.

I’m sorry to hear that is something that is affecting your family. Hope all is well. Let’s keep our fingers crossed Mandy can work for many years and be apart of the project.

3 minutes ago, MagCA said:

I’m sorry to hear that is something that is affecting your family. Hope all is well. Let’s keep our fingers crossed Mandy can work for many years and be apart of the project.

Thanks MagCA. Indeed she doesn’t strike me as a woman that wants to hand over the reigns any time soon 🤞🏻🤞🏻