Jump to content

PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, The Prophet said:

That's the way it should be. No drama, no leaks, just crack on and start to rebuild this shambles of a formally great football club.

Exactly, it’s a football club not Eastenders or some crass reality TV show.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SUPERTOON said:

The leaks have dried up after the Emery news, seems they have learned their lesson which can only be good news.

or there's nothing to leak?

 

Someone always speaks...no such thing as a secret in football unless things are done within a day

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SUPERTOON said:

The leaks have dried up after the Emery news, seems they have learned their lesson which can only be good news.

 

They learned their lessons and sacked Charnley. Could be a coincidence that the leaks dried up after that, but also might be quite telling. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, gjohnson said:

or there's nothing to leak?

 

Someone always speaks...no such thing as a secret in football unless things are done within a day

Well things will be going on behind the scenes regarding recruitment of players. We know they are searching for a new CEO as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Fog of war innit.

 

If you are a credible journalist, you will struggle to work out fact from fiction with regards to our transfer targets, especially since every agent in Europe is using us to get their player in the shop window.

 

Oddly, I'd trust the likes of Ryder and Hope on transfers, way before any national or foreign journalist.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, STM said:

Fog of war innit.

 

If you are a credible journalist, you will struggle to work out fact from fiction with regards to our transfer targets, especially since every agent in Europe is using us to get their player in the shop window.

 

Oddly, I'd trust the likes of Ryder and Hope on transfers, way before any national or foreign journalist.

Well you can trust Ryder as he'll announce were in for a player 3 days after he's made his debut. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, bowlingcrofty said:


Is it not just the paperwork behind the £305m purchase fee and the £38.5m additional they put in?

That makes sense. I also just want to believe you're wrong and it's further investment.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29/11/2021 at 21:29, ManDoon said:

Glad they are doing it. Couldn’t give two fucks about offending our Saudi fans. Sounds proper EDL but idc

It gets more problematic/worse when you think that our new owners feel the same way but are also responsible for some pretty draconian laws and punishments. 

 

 

Edited by Sean

Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Sean said:

It gets more problematic/worse when you think that our new owners feel the same way but are also responsible for some pretty draconian laws and punishments. 

 

 

 

 

It's not really problematic as long as they don't bring any of that nonsense over here. They are doing the right thing by showing support for these causes, publicly anyway. They seem to understand that they are in our world and they have to respect that. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, TRon said:

 

It's not really problematic as long as they don't bring any of that nonsense over here. They are doing the right thing by showing support for these causes, publicly anyway. They seem to understand that they are in our world and they have to respect that. 

 

That is one of the main benefits to the Saudi people of their marvellous acquisition of NUFC . . . our world will slowly and inevitably 'rub off' on their world more and more and more, as the years go by. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, manorpark said:

 

That is one of the main benefits to the Saudi people of their marvellous acquisition of NUFC . . . our world will slowly and inevitably 'rub off' on their world more and more and more, as the years go by. 

 

That was my take on it, but not everyone agrees obviously. But I like the approach our owners are taking, not getting involved too much in the politics and maintaining some distance from their govt by insisting on the "we are an investment firm" line. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, TRon said:

 

That was my take on it, but not everyone agrees obviously. 

 

That's the thing that disappoints me the most.

 

The club (and us fans) get actual criticsm and some 'hate' for the fact that it is 80% owned by the Saudi P I F, whereas if (any of) these people actually REALLY cared about Human Rights, they should be praising NUFC to the high heavens.

 

WE will prove to be the best thing that happened to future human rights in Saudi Arabia, and that is so O B V I O U S, it almost makes you think that our loud-spoken critics actually don't mean it at all, they just have another agenda !!!

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Rich changed the title to PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...