Jump to content

PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media


Yorkie
 Share

Recommended Posts

Just now, Minhosa said:

Have to say the tone of some of our fanbase since this takeover has been a little bit entitled or perhaps ungrateful which is really disappointing. Have they magically forgotten the last 14 years as if they didn't happen?

 

I'm still bouncing around on cloud nine tbh.

 

The change in communication, the positive noises coming from the club, the togetherness and the very fact that they are already 'trying' is more than we've ever had under Ashley.

 

If relegation comes then so be it.

 

I'd still intend on making the most of the season to rebuild, enjoy seeing the new signings settle etc.

 

I'm absolutely thrilled they had the tenacity, perserverance and desire to get through negotiations with Ashley (which NOBODY likes), to battle the PL with the odds stacked against them and the balls to take the risk when we were staring down the barrel of relegation.

 

They'll obviously make mistakes (I've got reservations about Howe for example) but, fuck me, I'd take relegation with this lot than 17th place under Ashley.

 

Let's not forget ourselves.

Tremendous.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Disco said:

Totally agree but it was always going to happen RE the fans.

Was it? Genuine question btw.

 

If I'm honest, I didn't foresee the unreasonable expectations at all. At least, not this soon. Did these people think we'd just turn into prime Man City within a fortnight?

 

I'll tell you what doesn't help at all, this 'Richest Club in the Woooorrrld' narrative.

 

We might have wealthy owners but nobody knows their full intentions and nobody knows their end game so I really think it gives an awful impression and starting point for the likes of PCP to do business from.

 

I'd be trying to correct that narrative if I was them.

 

Overall, I can't begin to wrap my head around those people moaning about 'only 2 signings', DOF taking too long etc. Check yourselves man. They've bought the shell of a football club with no soul, heart or infrastructure.

 

Rome wasn't built in a day.

 

They appear to have nothing but good intentions.

 

We clung on to hope during the Ashley era, surely we can have faith now? Surely that's the easiest thing in the world?

 

I do appreciate the view that we're all so much more passionate about our club now. And I get that, with that passion, comes a desire to be better now but we've got to look at the bigger picture.

 

The future is bright so let's enjoy the journey.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Minhosa said:

Was it? Genuine question btw.

 

If I'm honest, I didn't foresee the unreasonable expectations at all. At least, not this soon. Did these people think we'd just turn into prime Man City within a fortnight?

 

I'll tell you what doesn't help at all, this 'Richest Club in the Woooorrrld' narrative.

 

We might have wealthy owners but nobody knows their full intentions and nobody knows their end game so I really think it gives an awful impression and starting point for the likes of PCP to do business from.

 

I'd be trying to correct that narrative if I was them.

 

Overall, I can't begin to wrap my head around those people moaning about 'only 2 signings', DOF taking too long etc. Check yourselves man. They've bought the shell of a football club with no soul, heart or infrastructure.

 

Rome wasn't built in a day.

 

They appear to have nothing but good intentions.

 

We clung on to hope during the Ashley era, surely we can have faith now? Surely that's the easiest thing in the world?

 

I do appreciate the view that we're all so much more passionate about our club now. And I get that, with that passion, comes a desire to be better now but we've got to look at the bigger picture.

 

The future is bright so let's enjoy the journey.

 

 

Spot on 

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Minhosa said:

Have to say the tone of some of our fanbase since this takeover has been a little bit entitled or perhaps ungrateful which is really disappointing. Have they magically forgotten the last 14 years as if they didn't happen?

 

I'm still bouncing around on cloud nine tbh.

 

The change in communication, the positive noises coming from the club, the togetherness and the very fact that they are already 'trying' is more than we've ever had under Ashley.

 

If relegation comes then so be it.

 

I'd still intend on making the most of the season to rebuild, enjoy seeing the new signings settle etc.

 

I'm absolutely thrilled they had the tenacity, perserverance and desire to get through negotiations with Ashley (which NOBODY likes), to battle the PL with the odds stacked against them and the balls to take the risk when we were staring down the barrel of relegation.

 

They'll obviously make mistakes (I've got reservations about Howe for example) but, fuck me, I'd take relegation with this lot than 17th place under Ashley.

 

Let's not forget ourselves.


Absolutely 100% this 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Minhosa said:

Have to say the tone of some of our fanbase since this takeover has been a little bit entitled or perhaps ungrateful which is really disappointing. Have they magically forgotten the last 14 years as if they didn't happen?

 

I'm still bouncing around on cloud nine tbh.

 

The change in communication, the positive noises coming from the club, the togetherness and the very fact that they are already 'trying' is more than we've ever had under Ashley.

 

If relegation comes then so be it.

 

I'd still intend on making the most of the season to rebuild, enjoy seeing the new signings settle etc.

 

I'm absolutely thrilled they had the tenacity, perserverance and desire to get through negotiations with Ashley (which NOBODY likes), to battle the PL with the odds stacked against them and the balls to take the risk when we were staring down the barrel of relegation.

 

They'll obviously make mistakes (I've got reservations about Howe for example) but, fuck me, I'd take relegation with this lot than 17th place under Ashley.

 

Let's not forget ourselves.

 

Love it. :clap:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, LV said:


Absolutely 100% this 

 

 

Honestly, my overriding emotion/feeling is one of HUGE gratitude.

 

Like I genuinely don't know when this feeling of gratitude will wear off because all I can think of how lucky we are not to have Ashley anymore.

 

I HATED my football club for years. I railed against my own team under Pardew, Bruce and many others.

 

I believe happiness comes from gratitude and I'm absolutely bouncing to be free of Ashley and to have, what appears at this stage, genuine owners with good intentions.

 

Surely, this was what we all dreamed of?

 

It's wayyyyy too early to wake up lads.

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Minhosa said:

Was it? Genuine question btw.

 

If I'm honest, I didn't foresee the unreasonable expectations at all. At least, not this soon. Did these people think we'd just turn into prime Man City within a fortnight?

 

I'll tell you what doesn't help at all, this 'Richest Club in the Woooorrrld' narrative.

 

We might have wealthy owners but nobody knows their full intentions and nobody knows their end game so I really think it gives an awful impression and starting point for the likes of PCP to do business from.

 

I'd be trying to correct that narrative if I was them.

 

Overall, I can't begin to wrap my head around those people moaning about 'only 2 signings', DOF taking too long etc. Check yourselves man. They've bought the shell of a football club with no soul, heart or infrastructure.

 

Rome wasn't built in a day.

 

They appear to have nothing but good intentions.

 

We clung on to hope during the Ashley era, surely we can have faith now? Surely that's the easiest thing in the world?

 

I do appreciate the view that we're all so much more passionate about our club now. And I get that, with that passion, comes a desire to be better now but we've got to look at the bigger picture.

 

The future is bright so let's enjoy the journey.

Worded far better than I ever could, well said 

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Minhosa said:

Was it? Genuine question btw.

 

If I'm honest, I didn't foresee the unreasonable expectations at all. At least, not this soon. Did these people think we'd just turn into prime Man City within a fortnight?

 

I'll tell you what doesn't help at all, this 'Richest Club in the Woooorrrld' narrative.

 

We might have wealthy owners but nobody knows their full intentions and nobody knows their end game so I really think it gives an awful impression and starting point for the likes of PCP to do business from.

 

I'd be trying to correct that narrative if I was them.

 

Overall, I can't begin to wrap my head around those people moaning about 'only 2 signings', DOF taking too long etc. Check yourselves man. They've bought the shell of a football club with no soul, heart or infrastructure.

 

Rome wasn't built in a day.

 

They appear to have nothing but good intentions.

 

We clung on to hope during the Ashley era, surely we can have faith now? Surely that's the easiest thing in the world?

 

I do appreciate the view that we're all so much more passionate about our club now. And I get that, with that passion, comes a desire to be better now but we've got to look at the bigger picture.

 

The future is bright so let's enjoy the journey.


I don’t think some people can see the bigger picture and they want it all now. I don’t know if it’s age/ naïvety or what but I don’t understand it at all.

 

We are light years away now from what we’ve had the last 14 years but we are still essentially at the very start of what is hopefully a very long term project. 
 

I do think though that most of our fans understand this and are the silent majority compared to some of the more strident messages coming out on here and on (ugh) twitter. 
 

The future is bright and yeah it might mean a year in the championship. I’ll take that. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Minhosa said:

Honestly, my overriding emotion/feeling is one of HUGE gratitude.

 

Like I genuinely don't know when this feeling of gratitude will wear off because all I can think of how lucky we are not to have Ashley anymore.

 

I HATED my football club for years. I railed against my own team under Pardew, Bruce and many others.

 

I believe happiness comes from gratitude and I'm absolutely bouncing to be free of Ashley and to have, what appears at this stage, genuine owners with good intentions.

 

Surely, this was what we all dreamed of?

 

It's wayyyyy too early to wake up lads.


Yep this is where i am at too. I’m loving it and loving seeing how it all unfolds - mistakes, blips and all. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, NUFC_Chris said:

It is largely only coming from idiots on twitter, let’s be honest, and by god there’s lots of them on there. 


It’s not just twitter unfortunately. But again I still think they are the minority but just a lot more vocal. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Having losses to be upset by, is paradoxically the best thing ever. Nothing ever really mattered under Ashley, didn’t care about signings, didn’t care about games (watched out of routine probably). The nerve wracking feeling is great to have back. I love that feeling. People barely commented in match threads towards the end 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, ManDoon said:

Having losses to be upset by, is paradoxically the best thing ever. Nothing ever really mattered under Ashley, didn’t care about signings, didn’t care about games (watched out of routine probably). The nerve wracking feeling is great to have back. I love that feeling. People barely commented in match threads towards the end 


Absolutely. I was at a point where I felt pretty much nothing when we scored because it essentially meant nothing. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Same yeah. I still watched but it meant absolutely fuck all to me. Now I’m back to being sad if we lose, it’s miles miles better. Even like reasonable (emphasis) discussion on the window etc is good imo. Like after 14 years of “Ashley is a cunt”. It’s good to have stuff to talk about again. I used to get annoyed seeing the ical “Newcastle fixture” pop up on my phone

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Having losses to be upset by, is paradoxically the best thing ever. Nothing ever really mattered under Ashley, didn’t care about signings, didn’t care about games (watched out of routine probably). The nerve wracking feeling is great to have back. I love that feeling. People barely commented in match threads towards the end 

 

Yeah, for all the moaning about lack of signings, I wake up in the mornings wondering if there's been any developments, and I go to bed at night checking for the same thing. Under Ashley I didn't even use to check this thread, would wait until there was an actual thread on a player, then try to muster some excitement. "Maybe he's a diamond in the rough!" 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like the toys are coming out of the pram…….everyone’s trawling the media for anything Newcastle related and ultimately falling for regurgitated bullshit.

In all fairness, I’m pulling me hair out reading the shite, only to discover I’ve  read it before only this time they’ve changed the headline!
 

Its like winning the lotto, but cannot spend the money anywhere.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Having losses to be upset by, is paradoxically the best thing ever. Nothing ever really mattered under Ashley, didn’t care about signings, didn’t care about games (watched out of routine probably). The nerve wracking feeling is great to have back. I love that feeling. People barely commented in match threads towards the end 

It's just the best feeling ever man.

 

Honestly, the week it was announced, I drove from the South East back home and spent a fortune with my sons in the club shop knowing it wasn't going to Ashley.

 

I've not let them have jerseys or any NUFC gear since Rafa left.

 

I've felt bloody terrible for years for effectively giving them no option but to be NUFC fans but, now, right now we can be proud again and that means far more to me than having 6 new faces through the door or a DOF/CEO appointed.

 

I firmly believe the new owners are trying. Making mistakes along the way? Undoubtedly.

 

A club that tries? Without a doubt.

 

That's all we've ever wanted.

 

From the shame of being NUFC fans with no hope to season tickets next season, whichever league we're in, whoever is on the pitch and whoever is in the dugout.

 

I'm all in again and it's the best feeling ever.

 

 

Edited by Minhosa

Link to post
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, NUFC_Chris said:

It is largely only coming from idiots on twitter, let’s be honest, and by god there’s lots of them on there. 

I'm not sure it is just Twitter tbh. Even on here there's a tone which seems quite 'demanding' regarding certain subjects (DOF, incoming transfers etc).

 

I think it's really clear the new owners are working their bollocks off. Let's give them the benefit of the doubt.

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Minhosa said:

It's just the best feeling ever man.

 

Honestly, the week is was announced, I drove from the South East back home and spent a fortune with my sons in the club shop knowing it wasn't going to Ashley.

 

I've not let them have jerseys or any NUFC gear since Rafa left.

 

I've felt bloody terrible for years for effectively giving them no option but to be NUFC fans but, now, right now we can be proud again and that means far more to me than having 6 new faces through the door or a DOF/CEO appointed.

 

I firmly believe the new owners are trying. Making mistakes along the way? Undoubtedly.

 

A club that tries? Without a doubt.

 

That's all we've ever wanted.

 

From the shame of being NUFC fans with no hope to season tickets next season, whichever league we're in, whoever is on the pitch and whoever is in the dugout.

 

I'm all in again and it's the best feeling ever.

 

Totally agree.

 

As Ive said before i gave up on football, lost interest in the club, even my profile here was deleted as it was never used.

 

Its good to care again. We all want the best for the club but the new owners are not undoing 14 years of Ashley in a single transfer window.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Minhosa said:

I'm not sure it is just Twitter tbh. Even on here there's a tone which seems quite 'demanding' regarding certain subjects (DOF, incoming transfers etc).

 

I think it's really clear the new owners are working their bollocks off. Let's give them the benefit of the doubt.


I’ll stand by what I said it the other thread. I don’t really pay much attention to the transfer rumors but DOF was the most important appointment we had to make after the takeover and I don’t believe that is demanding.

 

I want nothing more for this to be a success  on and off the field but we should be able to point out issues with the new ownership without shite like “So you rather Ashley?” being the counter argument.  This consortium are custodians of the club and as supporters I think we have every right to critique when appropriate. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Minhosa said:

Have to say the tone of some of our fanbase since this takeover has been a little bit entitled or perhaps ungrateful which is really disappointing. Have they magically forgotten the last 14 years as if they didn't happen?

 

I'm still bouncing around on cloud nine tbh.

 

The change in communication, the positive noises coming from the club, the togetherness and the very fact that they are already 'trying' is more than we've ever had under Ashley.

 

If relegation comes then so be it.

 

I'd still intend on making the most of the season to rebuild, enjoy seeing the new signings settle etc.

 

I'm absolutely thrilled they had the tenacity, perserverance and desire to get through negotiations with Ashley (which NOBODY likes), to battle the PL with the odds stacked against them and the balls to take the risk when we were staring down the barrel of relegation.

 

They'll obviously make mistakes (I've got reservations about Howe for example) but, fuck me, I'd take relegation with this lot than 17th place under Ashley.

 

Let's not forget ourselves.


Best thing I’ve read on here in days, we’ll said man.

 

Not sure if it’s an online/social media thing because I really don’t see this sort of stuff ‘in real life’ and it certainly doesn’t appear to be the case inside the stadium. I imagine if we go down it will be scenes reminiscent of the Spurs game. 
 

Inwas absolutely gutted when we drew with  Watford, went to work Monday morning totally flat. First time I’ve felt like that in years - I didn’t see it as a bad thing.

 

The owners were always up against it this season. If we go down but they still have long term ambitions to be successful, then I’ll happily support them all the way. 
 

but yeah, great post. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, CFlan said:


I’ll stand by what I said it the other thread. I don’t really pay much attention to the transfer rumors but DOF was the most important appointment we had to make after the takeover and I don’t believe that is demanding.

 

I want nothing more for this to be a success  on and off the field but we should be able to point out issues with the new ownership without shite like “So you rather Ashley?” being the counter argument.  This consortium are custodians of the club and as supporters I think we have every right to critique when appropriate. 

 

From all accounts the DOF position is being addressed, if you cast your mind back we interviewed Michael Emenalo for the position a good while back, but for whatever reason that wasn't considered a good fit. It's an important position, I think making the right appointment is crucial, I don't agree with the idea you should just get one in asap regardless of who it is. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Think we're bordering on happy clapping at the minute like [emoji38]

 

We're infinitely better off now than we were under Ashley, and that's the case even if we do get relegated, but if we cannot discuss things that we think need to change then what's the point?

 

You can be over the moon with our current situation while also thinking that we'd be better off with someone advising them on the football side of things. I can think Ashley is a cunt while also thinking we got absolutely tortured with the Chris Wood deal.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Minhosa :clap:

 

Given the steaming pile of festering shit we/PIF/PCP were left with, this season was always going to be a bit of a gamble as to whether the leaks could be patched up to just see us through to the summer when space and time could be given to properly rebuilding. 

 

To be honest, whether that rebuilding job is done in the Champo or in the PL, it's clear that we're on the up. What's become ever more apparent is that the rot has gone far deeper than any of us probably imagined - not just the deteriorating physical infrastructure of the club, but the phsychology and mindset of well paid, once reasonably competent, players. In my opinion, whilst it's possible to rebuild the former, the latter just need to be binned off and passed along their separate ways. That was never going to be possible given the timing/circumstances of the takeover.

 

I just hope, sincerely, that the Champo won't put off/postpone the levels of investment needed at every level of the club. The media frenzy and cunts like Sutton/Simon Jordon wanking themselves blind over us going down will be enough to stomach as it is.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Rich changed the title to PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media
  • Yorkie changed the title to PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media - plans submitted for training ground upgrades (from pg 501)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...