PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

1 minute ago, Pardiola said:

:anguish:

They can protest all they want but its all bollocks.  It won't make an ounce of difference.  The SA regime are awful, but protesting at a football match and pointing it at football fans to sort --- is the proverbial pissing in the wind.   That is why its a shit statement.   If the West Ham LGBT want to enforce change then lobby parliament/MPs.   Lobbying fans who have no power is bollocks!

Without agreeing with how SA has a lack of human rights for many citizens including the LBGT society. However where have the protests been against Man City’s owners?

If they played PSG in Europe or a friendly would they protest against their owners? Where was the protests when they were playing pre-season games in Asian countries that also has a lack of human rights?

7 minutes ago, Pardiola said:

Are they not just using a very public event to draw attention to it? I’m not sure they’re only trying to convince those in the stadium.

Perhaps but pissing in the wind.   Do they honestly think MBS or Boris are going to do anything because of a protest at a football stadium?   NUFC fans found out to their cost during the takeover saga with petitions and even MPs speaking in the commons, that no one gives a shit what football fans think.

As I said they can protest away but the original statement is still shit, it isn't justified because the protests are aimed at the wrong people.  They may as well come round to my place and protest.  I will nod my head, say I agree with you but at the end of the day, the protest is aimed at the wrong people.

Edited by Awaymag

Yeah, I hope they remember to include owners of Manu, PSG, Manc and all others.

As a supporter I don’t waste an opportunity calling ‘moralist’ out for telling me what I should do or feel. 

For me, all there is to it is Newcastle, and I hope we can become a real super force in the next years to come. 

Simple as that. 

11 minutes ago, HTT II said:

I’m not and never will be against protests against regimes that commit atrocities and abuse human rights, but there has to be some consistency, some larger common denominator and without bias and agenda, that’s not the case here using NUFC to vent forms of protest, where are or were these protests in the past, will these same fake outrage bandwagon jumpers be protesting at the the doors of 10 Downing Street, the FA, the PL? Will they boycott their matches against us? It’s purely football motivated and because their own, again dubiously owned club with shady characters, are now even more down the food chain pecking order, if PIF bought them they’d be blowing bubbles…

Because the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia has never been the subject of any protest in the UK?

I’m not going to second guess the motivations of people involved. If a well established LGBTQ+ fan group wants to use our match to raise awareness of rights in Saudi then fair fucks. It’s a very real problem, and we can’t complain that we’re the focal point of that protest because we’re now intrinsically linked with SA.

12 minutes ago, maze said:

Yeah, I hope they remember to include owners of Manu, PSG, Manc and all others.

As a supporter I don’t waste an opportunity calling ‘moralist’ out for telling me what I should do or feel. 

For me, all there is to it is Newcastle, and I hope we can become a real super force in the next years to come. 

Simple as that. 

I think “I don’t give a fuck, I just want us to be good” is an entirely reasonable opinion to have. We ultimately have no say in who runs the club, as was apparent when we were trying to shift the last bloke, and football fans shouldn’t be elevated to moral arbiters of the sport.

However I do think if you hold that opinion you don’t get to piss and moan when others raise legitimate concerns about our owners. 

7 minutes ago, Dr Venkman said:

Don’t get drawn into defending KSA man [emoji38]

On an absolute hiding to nothing.

I personally would never defend them, but I can’t abide by hypocrisy, bandwagon jumping and using - as is the case now with say NUFC - a convenient way to form some kind of bogus protest. If they continue their protest against the FA, PL, other countries with atrocities and human rights abuses and at 10 Downing Street et al, I’ll be in full support, but if they hadn’t taken us over they wouldn’t be preaching and if they had of taking over WHU, they’d be blowing bubbles, they need to look closer to home too and delve into how crooked their owners are who are in bed with murderous gangsters just to name one dubious and abhorrent act their own club is ‘embroiled’ in!

1 minute ago, HTT II said:

I personally would never defend them, but I can’t abide by hypocrisy, bandwagon jumping and using - as is the case now with say NUFC - a convenient way to form some kind of bogus protest. If they continue their protest against the FA, PL, other countries with atrocities and human rights abuses and at 10 Downing Street et al, I’ll be in full support, but if they hadn’t taken us over they wouldn’t be preaching and if they had of taking over WHU, they’d be blowing bubbles, they need to look closer to home too and delve into how crooked their owners are who are in bed with murderous gangsters just to name one dubious and abhorrent act their own club is ‘embroiled’ in!

Sorry mate, hypocrisy is everywhere.

We’re all hypocrites, identifying it is not a sound basis for addressing anything really. Although mainstream debate on almost everything would have you believe otherwise. It’s basically really easy to identify hypocrisy, because it’s omnipresent, which is why it’s the go-to basis of argument for everything.

4 minutes ago, HTT II said:

And everything you’ve typed there looks like, might not be, but looks like an attempt to deflect scrutiny away from our owners.

We can’t control who owns our club anymore than other fans can, but we can avoid engaging in debate which makes it appear as if we’re defending KSA based on the notion that KSA is NUFC. The two are separate.

4 minutes ago, Dr Venkman said:

We’re all hypocrites, identifying it is not a sound basis for addressing anything really. Although mainstream debate on almost everything would have you believe otherwise. It’s basically really easy to identify hypocrisy, because it’s omnipresent, which is why it’s the go-to basis of argument for everything.

Twitter is the place to go for hypocrisy.

They should protest and it is a worthy cause. Our support shouldn't be taking issue with it. Can't stand folk shilling for PIF.

However, I cant help but wonder where the protests have been for Man City, or whether there would be a protest if they drew PSG in next season's CL. Whattaboutary doesn't dilute their cause, but the cynic in me can't help but wonder if a lot of clubs frustrations are born out of fear of our potential success, especially West Ham who are doing well.

39 minutes ago, Dr Venkman said:

Protest all they like, but for the right reasons and do so in the right form and don’t make it about something it’s not, namely our football club, and do it consistently and don’t just stop at that. I protested against Ashley not NUFC, I didn’t shop at SD or any of his other stores or brands and I’m against bad working practices, shitty wages etc. And I protest at that still as a business owner by treating my staff well, paying them well etc. I refused to go to NUFC games under Ashley not in protest at NUFC but Ashley. Will WHU protestors boycott their games against us, City, should they play PSG, will they not buy any replica shirts with a PL badge on and will they not support England due to the FA? I protested Ashley and that meant the whole hog, his shops, my own club, replica kits the lot. If I’m protesting SA I’m protesting the whole hog. 

40 minutes ago, Dr Venkman said:

And everything you’ve typed there looks like, might not be, but looks like an attempt to deflect scrutiny away from our owners.

We can’t control who owns our club anymore than other fans can, but we can avoid engaging in debate which makes it appear as if we’re defending KSA based on the notion that KSA is NUFC. The two are separate.

Wrong, I couldn’t give a shit, I have mentally at least, separated the two, abhor human rights abusers and those that commit atrocities, but if I’m going to protest, I’d go the whole hog and involve anything involved, which would include our club, but also our government, the PL, the FA, Disney, Tesla, and 100s of other stuff. Fair play to them if this is a concerted effort across the board but let’s not kid ourselves here, this is an opportunistic faux moral crusade which has fuck all to do, really, with human rights nor with our club and any atrocities by SA, it’s about football and again they can go fuck themselves if they expect me to give them a thumbs up or think do you know what, they have a point! Hopefully they get zero points against us! Again, if they had bought their club, they’d be blowing bubbles, and if they wanna make a statement about morals, protest their owners and their shady dealings, their business practices and who they are in bed with…

1 minute ago, Happinesstan said:

Can't really boycott the government. To a degree it's possible, but then you find you're embroiled in World War 3 before your breakfast eggs have boiled.

You can protest though and withdraw voting, which is a form of protest. Anyway up the Ammers and their crusaders, I look forward to them scrutinising the Olympic Stadium deal, their owners’ links to murderous gangsters, and scrubbing Di Canio from the annals of their history. I’m being petty and sad I know, but again, they can fucking blow bubbles up their own arse and fuck off. Scummy club, fans, owners, past players and links to organised crime.

1 minute ago, Dr Venkman said:

Ok I can see I got absolutely nowhere with that attempt [emoji38]

Hay, o see your point and get where you are coming from and there is lots I agree with RE your points, but, ah fuck it, let’s agree to disagree. I’m against SA and their human rights abuse and other atrocities as I am against any state or person doing the same, I just want to try and separate that shit from my club and get back to enjoying my football and my club and the game. In truth, let WHU fans crack on…

Just now, HTT II said:

Hay, o see your point and get where you are coming from and there is lots I agree with RE your points, but, ah fuck it, let’s agree to disagree. I’m against SA and their human rights abuse and other atrocities as I am against any state or person doing the same, I just want to try and separate that shit from my club and get back to enjoying my football and my club and the game. In truth, let WHU fans crack on…

100% agree to disagree, I’m not trying to be argumentative with you at all.