PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

41 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Hay, o see your point and get where you are coming from and there is lots I agree with RE your points, but, ah fuck it, let’s agree to disagree. I’m against SA and their human rights abuse and other atrocities as I am against any state or person doing the same, I just want to try and separate that shit from my club and get back to enjoying my football and my club and the game. In truth, let WHU fans crack on…

It's one of the reasons I was reluctant about the deal. The world was never going to allow that to happen, and in a sense if it did then the takeover would be a failure.

43 minutes ago, Dr Venkman said:

100% agree to disagree, I’m not trying to be argumentative with you at all.

I know man, and again your points and others’ are all valid. 

Newcastle United Football Club have ambitious plans to top the Premier League and become a global force in the game.

To achieve our goals, the Club is scaling the business and needs to build a high-calibre, robust legal department. Initially, we are looking to recruit a mid to senior level associate to take ownership of all commercial contracts and provide high quality advice on a diverse range of commercial, legal and compliance issues that impact the operations of the Club.

This is a unique opportunity to join Newcastle United at the start of our exciting new journey, and to play a key strategic role in helping us achieve our goals.

The ideal candidate will have a high quality academic background and robust legal training from a reputable law firm or recognised in-house legal department. Significant experience drafting, reviewing and negotiating a wide range of commercial agreements is a must. As a guide, this role would suit a solicitor with circa 3-5 years' post qualification experience, though we would welcome applications from outside this range who can demonstrate relevant skills.

1 hour ago, nbthree3 said:

Newcastle United Football Club have ambitious plans to top the Premier League and become a global force in the game.

To achieve our goals, the Club is scaling the business and needs to build a high-calibre, robust legal department. Initially, we are looking to recruit a mid to senior level associate to take ownership of all commercial contracts and provide high quality advice on a diverse range of commercial, legal and compliance issues that impact the operations of the Club.

This is a unique opportunity to join Newcastle United at the start of our exciting new journey, and to play a key strategic role in helping us achieve our goals.

The ideal candidate will have a high quality academic background and robust legal training from a reputable law firm or recognised in-house legal department. Significant experience drafting, reviewing and negotiating a wide range of commercial agreements is a must. As a guide, this role would suit a solicitor with circa 3-5 years' post qualification experience, though we would welcome applications from outside this range who can demonstrate relevant skills.

This is great stuff. We’re building..

16 minutes ago, madras said:

So this single share worth £40mill. Could we do the same with 10shares for £400mill ? Have we just found a very simple way round FFP ?

Nope, not how it works, that's not part of our profit / loss in terms of the FFP calculation. Even if it were then the PL could just say its a related party transaction at above market value and adjust it down to the value of 10 shares.

On 12/02/2022 at 14:27, HTT II said:

I’m not and never will be against protests against regimes that commit atrocities and abuse human rights, but there has to be some consistency, some larger common denominator and without bias and agenda, that’s not the case here using NUFC to vent forms of protest, where are or were these protests in the past, will these same fake outrage bandwagon jumpers be protesting at the the doors of 10 Downing Street, the FA, the PL? Will they boycott their matches against us? It’s purely football motivated and because their own, again dubiously owned club with shady characters, are now even more down the food chain pecking order, if PIF bought them they’d be blowing bubbles…

So basically they can't protest unless they protest against everything? Reminds me of that daft Louise Mensch stuff on HIGNFY

Edited by joeyt

10 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

Nope, not how it works, that's not part of our profit / loss in terms of the FFP calculation. Even if it were then the PL could just say its a related party transaction at above market value and adjust it down to the value of 10 shares.

So will that 40mill be counted towards profit/loss ?

17 minutes ago, madras said:

So will that 40mill be counted towards profit/loss ?

I don't think so, I don't really know much about accounting but I think it would be on a separate part of the balance sheet and wouldn't count towards our cash profit / loss that FFP is based on.

Payment for shares is actually specified in the PL rules as one of the ways that an owner can fund a club to cover cash losses, which needs to be done to allow a club to lose the upper FFP amount of £105m over three seasons rather than 15m if those losses aren't covered

Edited by Jackie Broon

24 minutes ago, joeyt said:

So basically they can't protest unless they protest against everything? Reminds me of that daft Louise Minchin stuff on HIGNFY

remember watching that at the time. So glad she fucked off to the U.S. Such a hack.

13 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

I don't think so, I don't really know much about accounting but I think it would be on a separate part of the balance sheet and wouldn't count towards our cash profit / loss that FFP is based on.

Payment for shares is actually specified in the PL rules as one of the ways that an owner can fund a club to cover cash losses, which needs to be done to allow a club to lose the upper FFP amount of £105m over three seasons rather than 15m if those losses aren't covered

Yes, share payments are an investment funds flow rather than being income earned through profit.

Therefore it's irrelevant to FFP. I.e. even with the cash it doesn't mean we can spend what we like.

Sponsorship income is different and would count favourably towards FFP, hence that's the one with the restrictive associated party rules.