PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

Actually welled up too. The sheer amount of effort I put in to everything takeover related ever since the wall street journal first broke the news, Staveley having a curry with Ashley, reading everything for years after, following randoms on twitter as they came across ITK (remember that Chelsea dude?!), thinking about it every night before going to sleep, talking about it,all the legal stuff, Richard Keys giving it the big'un,Simon Jordan "deader than a dead thing from dead land" arbitration stalling and stalling... 

Then it finally happened, just an amazing amazing feeling. 

17 minutes ago, Scotty66 said:

Actually welled up too. The sheer amount of effort I put in to everything takeover related ever since the wall street journal first broke the news, Staveley having a curry with Ashley, reading everything for years after, following randoms on twitter as they came across ITK (remember that Chelsea dude?!), thinking about it every night before going to sleep, talking about it,all the legal stuff, Richard Keys giving it the big'un,Simon Jordan "deader than a dead thing from dead land" arbitration stalling and stalling... 

Then it finally happened, just an amazing amazing feeling. 

Those were great days . . and many M O R E to come !!!!

I remember stood on the balcony thing at the Gallowgate end above Shearers bar watching everyone jumping around, hoying peeve and god knows what else about. Talking to my cousin and his wife and just questioning whether it was real. Still doesn’t feel real tbf.

We had so many false dawns under Ashley, thinking “this is finally it”. The first time Staveley tried to buy the club felt like it would happen and then it failed. Then there was that Bin Zayad group, that felt real and just disappeared into nothing. Midhat ffs. And then of course the first time the Saudis came in, felt like the end of Ashley was close. The fact it finally happened, and came from absolutely nowhere was class.

So weird being a United Newcastle United again. Everyone wanting the same thing, the city right behind its club. 

For me it was kinda funny. I started following the Premier League again for the first time in 20 years in August last year but didn't catch too many Newcastle games. I showed up for a video conference with my British IT manager counterparts and was wearing a 2004 Newcastle Home shirt. One of them said "Wearing Saudi colors mate?" - had no idea what he meant but after the call saw the news. Watched every game since as I had Newcastle merch, liked the team and wanted to see where the project would go. It has been an amazing several months.

Edit: I should add I was a huge Newcastle fan way back then. That was the team I supported.

Edited by McDog

Hearing from some mates on here that the deal was happening on a bad personal day was absurd. Then few days later when it was all kicking off at the stadium and I was on the road getting absolutely lit up and yelling toon toon in an airport lot ripped to shreds under the booze. Fucking a. Take me back. 

Have to say, after 2 years of personal turmoil and absolute despair, the takeover going through - at an unexpected moment - marked a significant turning point in my life, my recovery and my future. Unbelievable how much football affects you sometimes, but the takeover really gave me hope for a better future, silly as that sounds.

Edited by toon25

7 hours ago, toon25 said:

Have to say, after 2 years of personal turmoil and absolute despair, the takeover going through - at an unexpected moment - marked a significant turning point in my life, my recovery and my future. Unbelievable how much football affects you sometimes, but the takeover really gave me hope for a better future, silly as that sounds.

Fucking magnificent that’s what this club can do for us all at tough times. Great times coming no matter what happens today.

3 hours ago, Sima said:

“Features me a little bit”

Out.

Theres more chance of Norwich surviving than there is that he didn't either make the video himself or ask some other goon to do it for him. Attention seeking tit.

10 minutes ago, Minhosa said:

He's right up there with Wraith levels of blight tbh.

Fucking attention seeking cretin. All about him.

One of many self serving single celled life forms somehow associated with the club. 

10 hours ago, toon25 said:

Well done mate. Long may it continue and not silly at all. 

I didn't realise he had a Wraith like reputation :lol:.

I've started to listen to a lot more podcast at work in recent months, including TF, and I quite like the content, and agree with a lot of what's said.

There was a very similar one done about 10 years ago post-promotion, it even had the same Florence and the Machine track behind it. I mean, at least change the literal lyric interpretation to something more upbeat ("its hard to dance with the devil on your back". Yeah, we get it....). 

Would've went for 'Skwod' by Nadia Rose ("Guess who's back? yea I rose from the dead"). Or 'Rock the Kasbah' just to piss off the right people.