PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

I wonder how many of them rooms are currently not there, if we don't even have a players lounge, like fuck do we have an "analysts room" :lol: 

Obviously it's a stop-gap but sorely needed - had a look at the current plans we don't have a dedicated analysts room already? The new complex will be amazing having the women's team, first and academy all together on one site with everything you'd expect of a world class facility

5 minutes ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

Again, it just highlights how neglected the training ground had become.

Fucking "adequate", according to Penfold.

That comment of his about no player turning us down because of the training ground sums up how thick and short sighted that ownership/management was

Edited by Geordie Ahmed

1 minute ago, mouldy_uk said:

Do you get the dirty water that they’ve bathed in?

Asking for a friend

:tobey:

Nope, but you do get the multiple sticking plasters they’ve been patched up with to make them ‘adequate’. 

We really have to commend the owners here. We know we are getting a new facility to match the best in the league but instead of waiting for it to be completed they decide to invest in the existing shithole. :lol:

https://theathletic.com/news/newcastle-submit-plans-to-significantly-upgrade-benton-training-ground/FFn0ARonPtTx/?amp=1

The single storey extensions are set to add approximately 610 square metres to the footprint of the building, and the club hope they can be completed swiftly, perhaps even during the off-season.

It is anticipated that there will be minimal disruption for the playing squad and staff, though The Athletic understands that the idea of the first-team training at St James’ Park for the final couple of weeks of this season was floated, before being deemed unnecessary.

I assume the document you linked has all the quotes The Athletic are lifting 

1 minute ago, nbthree3 said:

https://theathletic.com/news/newcastle-submit-plans-to-significantly-upgrade-benton-training-ground/FFn0ARonPtTx/?amp=1

The single storey extensions are set to add approximately 610 square metres to the footprint of the building, and the club hope they can be completed swiftly, perhaps even during the off-season.

It is anticipated that there will be minimal disruption for the playing squad and staff, though The Athletic understands that the idea of the first-team training at St James’ Park for the final couple of weeks of this season was floated, before being deemed unnecessary.

I assume the document you linked has all the quotes The Athletic are lifting 

Yes it does, interesting that they don't think it's up to Championship standards. Fuck Ashley and co.

9 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

Yes it does, interesting that they don't think it's up to Championship standards. Fuck Ashley and co.

Some of those existing interior pictures are woeful, the changing room one makes me laugh. The lounge area too and the presentation room looks cramped  

2 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

Some of those existing interior pictures are woeful, the changing room one makes me laugh. The lounge area too and the presentation room looks cramped  

When I was reading through the planning doc I was just laughing at how bad it looks currently

Edited by Jack27

1 minute ago, ManDoon said:

How do you mean?

Just surprising how little he seems to have done, from a quick google search, some mock-ups for L.R. Vicenza and small domestic extensions. I would have expected with the Reuben's and PIF's connections a big architecture firm or an experienced architect. There doesn't look to be anything wrong with the application but it's surprising that they have chosen someone with seemingly little experience, at least by his public profile, which architects will usually play up rather than down.