PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

1 hour ago, mouldy_uk said:

Do you get the dirty water that they’ve bathed in?

Asking for a friend

:tobey:

It was probably the same water from the Allardyce years.

Looks like a full renovation and expansion of the current facilities tbh - which is great. Love the direction it is going in. The quality of the finishes will give some insight on how things will look when they renovate SJP too IMO. 

5 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Pards would prob Only Fans his bath water I reckon. 

:lol: Had bottles of it ready to go during that FA cup final, poor fucker.

7 minutes ago, Stifler said:

There is no way that will be ready in time for the new season, it will take 3 months minimum for it to be approved.

They have a determination deadline of 28 June

And would they be able to make changes to the inside without permission? I would have thought the permission needed is for the extension? I'm not an expert in this so if anybody has a better clue I'm all ears!

17 minutes ago, Stifler said:

There is no way that will be ready in time for the new season, it will take 3 months minimum for it to be approved.

I mean it is North Tyneside. So maybe. But it's an 8 week deadline and seems broadly uncontroversial so could be a quick delegated decision once consultation period has expired and consultees have responded.

And they could happily crack on with a lot of the non-contingent internal changes without needing any planning consent.

23 minutes ago, Rich said:

Love this, mind. We're on the way lads.

Gutted for the employee who had to inflate the wading pools and fill the bins with hose water, mind.

Having just nerded out on the files - the changes to the exterior are really class. Going to look quite sleek and modern (black steel, glazed windows) and the whole place will look different. The changes to the layout are really top too. I'm thrilled with this tbh. 

2 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Having just nerded out on the files - the changes to the exterior are really class. Going to look quite sleek and modern (black steel, glazed windows) and the whole place will look different. The changes to the layout are really top too. I'm thrilled with this tbh. 

As a short-term stop-gap measure (which it is) it is absolutely great !!!! 

11 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Love owt like this (architectural plans). Look at Eddie's nice new office. How the fuck did we not have a player's lounge, man? [emoji38] We were so small time it's ridiculous.

Our owners. :smitten:

Shows how much football has changed in just 20 years. I remember when we first moved there after we finished 4th and it was considered modern at the time.

It's honestly really well done, the presentation materials are awesome. the PDF deck from the architect was cool to see (in terms of the modern black steel structure and inspiration) and then the actual high-res stuff. 

As long as it's done better than the carpet in the players warm up room inside the stadium it'll be great to see [emoji38]

Edited by Sean

1 hour ago, ponsaelius said:

I mean it is North Tyneside. So maybe. But it's an 8 week deadline and seems broadly uncontroversial so could be a quick delegated decision once consultation period has expired and consultees have responded.

And they could happily crack on with a lot of the non-contingent internal changes without needing any planning consent.

They got planning permission for a new training ground in 2014 (link) which might quicken the process.