PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

16 hours ago, andycap said:

How long do you reckon it will take to upgrade the existing training ground? Before season kicks off or longer. 

Depends on what you mean by upgrade. Full refurb will take 3 years I think Mehrdad said, but obviously somethings can be put in immediately. 

19 hours ago, HTT II said:

I’ve heard they want everything under one roof so to speak regarding the senior and women’s team and youth players, but it may not be feasible, if they are investing right now in the current training ground I think they won’t want to lose it so to speak and again I’ve heard it will eventually end up as the HQ of the women’s team and under 18s youth teams for the foreseeable. It will also become some kind of footy hub for grassroots football, licenced out to kids’ teams and for tournaments etc. which they have kind of half arsed done under Ashley in the past!

Could well be correct 

The Women are going to be using the training ground this season for their training sessions Tuesday / Thursday 

With an additional day added in.(Wednesday or Friday)

They used to use the 4g facilities at ‘coach lane’ in Benton  (for training) 

They are still using coach lane for their July friendlies 

They are moving home pitch / ground from Druid park …..100%

rumour has it- new stadium / home venue is Kingston park 

As we are spending so much money on the training ground at Benton  , it would make sense to transfer it to the woman’s team plus youth , (that’s if they can’t fit them in at the brand new complex in 3-5 years time) 

Guest HTT II
5 minutes ago, JonBez comesock said:

Could well be correct 

The Women are going to be using the training ground this season for their training sessions Tuesday / Thursday 

With an additional day added in.(Wednesday or Friday)

They used to use the 4g facilities at ‘coach lane’ in Benton  (for training) 

They are still using coach lane for their July friendlies 

They are moving home pitch / ground from Druid park …..100%

rumour has it- new stadium / home venue is Kingston park 

As we are spending so much money on the training ground at Benton  , it would make sense to transfer it to the woman’s team plus youth , (that’s if they can’t fit them in at the brand new complex in 3-5 years time) 

Aye that’s what I’ve heard, they originally and probably long-term would want everything under one roof, but it’s probably not financially viable for a good few years and to be fair to our current training ground, despite its poor state, it’s in a good location with ample room to make improvements and the pitches have always been decent. It just lacks the right amenities professional athletes need on an hourly basis never mind daily. The training ground hosts many tournaments for kids’ football too and they make a little bit of money from that and get a birds eye view of any emerging talent scouting wise. I can see them keeping it in their portfolio of ‘assets’ and I’m sure future sponsorship of the training ground will more than pay for any development work…

Edited by HTT II

Sunday 15th August 2021 West Ham home 4-2 loss

Manager: Bruce

Woodman

Murphy Krafth Fernandez Clark Ritchie

Hayden Shelvey Almiron

Wilson ASM

Bench: Gillespie, Schar, Lascelles, Lewis, Joelinton, Hendrick, Longstaff, Fraser, Gayle

Possible 11 v Forest home first game of 22/23

Manager: Howe

Pope

Trippier Schar Botman Targett

Willock Bruno Joelinton

Fraser Wilson ASM

Bench: Dubravka, Dummett, Krafth, Burn, Shelvey, Longstaff, Almiron, Murphy, Wood

Could not be more grateful for our new owners :clap:

Consider that squad v Forest with two attacking signings in for Murphy and Wood? With Fraser benched. Looking good, enjoy it!

Edited by JP

Guest HTT II

It’s a nice reply, but I hate this creepy vibe of fans tagging owners, players and ex players. 

9 minutes ago, POOT 2.0 said:

While I'd never do it...Twitter is all about tagging etc etc. And the people who have blue tick accounts all know this. It's basically the nature of the beast. 

You can't engage without, well, engaging :lol: 

That’s true, but it doesn’t make the knackers doing it any less embarrassing.  Most of them are grown adults, too.  There must be a way to write an autoblock algorythym for sad cases who do this

Guest HTT II

Mention cancer or charadee and it almost forces people to reply, if I had cancer the last thing I’d be on is fucking Twitter tagging the shit out of people for sympathy, I’d be banging some hot prostitute or sparked out after sinking a 1ltr bottle of some fine whiskey. Or spending every second I can with my wife and kids and family and friends. I just find our whole social media fanbase fucking wrong ‘uns and attention seeking twats. I’m sympathetic to anyone with a serious illness, but it reeks of faux sympathy and attention seeking. Fair enough if you’re trying to raise attention to a certain illness or even funds for treatment, but spare a thought… nah!

Edited by HTT II

Guest HTT II

It’s probably my pet hate today and maybe I’m becoming a grumpy old bastard, but I despise our fanbase at times when it comes to social media, from Wraith and his cronies to that dentist cunt and Adam Pearson and the seemingly whole obsession our country has with celebs and creating nothing stories for nothing in peoples faces 24/7. Like that  media whore who practically turned her husband’s covid and long covid battle into a soap opera, we get it, look after your husband instead of making him into some poor bastard with an illness tragic figure for faux sympathy and milking it. It’s narcissism at its worst. If they weren’t on social media they’d be serial killers or animal abusers or wife beaters or sex pests. Oh wait…

2 hours ago, HTT II said:

It’s probably my pet hate today and maybe I’m becoming a grumpy old bastard, but I despise our fanbase at times when it comes to social media, from Wraith and his cronies to that dentist cunt and Adam Pearson and the seemingly whole obsession our country has with celebs and creating nothing stories for nothing in peoples faces 24/7. Like that  media whore who practically turned her husband’s covid and long covid battle into a soap opera, we get it, look after your husband instead of making him into some poor bastard with an illness tragic figure for faux sympathy and milking it. It’s narcissism at its worst. If they weren’t on social media they’d be serial killers or animal abusers or wife beaters or sex pests. Oh wait…

Hello Police..........

Guest HTT II
43 minutes ago, POOT 2.0 said:

Don't despise the fanbase. Despise the tiny fraction that you're seeing post their guff.

None of them are representative of our fanbase. The likes of Wor Flags etc, are. 

I meant the twatter brigade really. Sadly they will grow to a significant size and more Adam Pearson’s will be coming out soon, hopefully they all dilute each other’s ‘content’!

1 minute ago, HTT II said:

I meant the twatter brigade really. Sadly they will grow to a significant size and more Adam Pearson’s will be coming out soon, hopefully they all dilute each other’s ‘content’!

Or you could just not watch it.

Guest HTT II
8 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

Or you could just not watch it.

I don’t, but that shite gets posted on here so I’m aware of it constantly. 

Guest HTT II

To be fair, as much as I’m a grumpy old cunt these days and as much as I hate that shit and think he’s a weird little creep, part of me hopes he grows with the stuff he’s doing and starts churning out quality content and kind of makes it. It’s the Wraith’s and co I can’t stand the most. 

2 minutes ago, HTT II said:

To be fair, as much as I’m a grumpy old cunt these days and as much as I hate that shit and think he’s a weird little creep, part of me hopes he grows with the stuff he’s doing and starts churning out quality content and kind of makes it. It’s the Wraith’s and co I can’t stand the most. 

Oh aye. I agree. Everybody has to start somewhere and everybody's shite before they start. One day he'll turn up and I'll be "Who's this lad then? Seems genuine enough".  But I think that's unlikely if  he spends the next 10 years fighting trolls. He'll just turn into a goat.

Guest HTT II
1 minute ago, Happinesstan said:

Oh aye. I agree. Everybody has to start somewhere and everybody's shite before they start. One day he'll turn up and I'll be "Who's this lad then? Seems genuine enough".  But I think that's unlikely if  he spends the next 10 years fighting trolls. He'll just turn into a goat.

Mind I never used to like the True Geordie, but we did some work for him once when he was going through a difficult time and he was the nicest person ever and he’s done really well for himself and now I like his stuff even when it’s not NUFC or footy related, I just think young Adam lacks the intellect and vocabulary and trolls are cunts, he’s always going to get that, but then he will troll himself and use that. I think I’ll just stay away from fan related social media stuff myself! The younger me would be like ah salute and this shit shouldn’t really bother me, but again, I’m getting an old cunt these days and it doesn’t help that I’m so pissed off with the world in general or rather what’s happening in the world today so most stuff grates one me. Doesn’t help we’ve had over a decade of Ashley either where the world could crash and burn in that time for all I care/cared…

On 02/07/2022 at 06:07, POOT 2.0 said:

Don't despise the fanbase. Despise the tiny fraction that you're seeing post their guff.

None of them are representative of our fanbase. The likes of Wor Flags etc, are. 

They do represent a portion of the support though.  It’s similar to when politicians say that neo Nazi groups don’t represent the country.  They don’t the whole country - but they do represent some of it. 

23 hours ago, HTT II said:

Wraith has always been a massive weapon.  From his shite ‘Number 9’ fanzine, his Tory politics, his desperate desire to knock about with gangsters and hooligans (and have some of that sense of ‘danger’ rub off on him), to his social media ITK ‘I helped sell the club to PIF’ chest-puffing horseshit.  It’s all a grift to that cunt.  He’s the man the Mackems all want us to be.