PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

2 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Why would the clubs outside of the top few vote for stuff like this?

Doesn’t matter to them, they didn’t have the backing to fully compete anyway. It’s in their better interest, short-term, that a very wealthy mid-table team (like ourselves) doesn’t  break through or is halted somewhat. Another big club just pushes every other team down a place, I guess.

We need to increase our revenue (and there is a lot of room for that, plenty of low hanging fruit) and we need to just be smart with recruitment. The owners have been clear they do want the club to be run sustainably in the long run in line with those rules. It's just annoying that all these reforms are fairly clearly trying to pull up drawbridge after them, rather than rules to cut down on ludicrous overspending like wage caps, caps on agent fees etc etc

Feels like they're cutting their noses to spite their face tbh.

If anything were to change in future, and their fortunes change somewhat, they will also be stuck where they are.

Can't imagine the likes of villa signing up to this either.

Also a similar reason to why we’d rather see Paqueta sign for Man City than West Ham. You’d rather keep those closest to you competitively at stasis; the top teams getting better doesn’t seem as much of a pressing concern.

I've been trying to find if there's a limit on "Partnerships" clubs can have. For example Man Utd have Coffee partners, Vision partners, Tyre, Electrical Styling and Mattress and Pillow partners. I can't find anything to say there's any limit. There may be on the value of each one but seemingly not to the amount you can have. 

2 minutes ago, madras said:

I've been trying to find if there's a limit on "Partnerships" clubs can have. For example Man Utd have Coffee partners, Vision partners, Tyre, Electrical Styling and Mattress and Pillow partners. I can't find anything to say there's any limit. There may be on the value of each one but seemingly not to the amount you can have. 

I see a cunning plan! 😁

1 hour ago, Dokko said:

The club will launch legal challenges at some point and will win. 

If it happens, and they win it’ll hopefully get rid of all the restrictions around sponsorship too. FFP also looks legally dodgy i would also think.

No way these took over without a plan to grow our commercial revenue within the rules or grow it through having to legally challenge the league first.

You simply can't stop a business growing so it benefits the ones already at the top and I'm sure they'll know this haha.

2 minutes ago, Scoot said:

No way these took over without a plan to grow our commercial revenue within the rules or grow it through having to legally challenge the league first.

You simply can't stop a business growing so it benefits the ones already at the top and I'm sure they'll know this haha.

Exactly, could you imagine BT, Sky and Virgin coming up with rules like these to prevent any competitors challenging their domination? There’d be fucking hell on.

What the PL are doing is just to align with the change to UEFA's FFP, which will be based on wages to turnover ratio, so for us it doesn't really change anything as the ownership will be well aware of what to do, key thing being to increase revenue

It being aligned makes it easier if anything because as long as we comply to UEFA then we we will automatically comply to the PL regulations

5 hours ago, 54 said:

This'll come over as a very much "in my day" post (I'm a Gen X not a Boomer) but you'd think a motorbike in a crowd, wouldnt be too hard to take the twat out. Wouldnt have got away with it in my days I tells ya.