PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

1 minute ago, sushimonster85 said:

Think the sponsorless shirts are a huge hint at them being the front of shirt sponsor from next season as well. 

Could also potentially see them as a partner for our friendlies in Saudi Arabia, as our current sponsors won’t be allowed.

2 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

Think the sponsorless shirts are a huge hint at them being the front of shirt sponsor from next season as well. 

I just assumed it's because fun88 is shit and they didn't want to advertise gambling.

Wonder if PL can put a fair price on official tour partner inline with other clubs?

12 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

Probably ordered them from Castore and they turned up like that 🙂

6 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

So what’s the difference between them being a partner instead of a sponsor ?

Well for one, sponsorship is monitored by the PL for fair testing...be interesting if partners are not (IDK)

6 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

So what’s the difference between them being a partner instead of a sponsor ?

In proper business they are two different things but I think the term is essentially interchangeable when it comes to football.

I guess they are going to provide all the flights etc for the KSA trip so its more of a "partnership" rather than purely a sponsorship arrangement (eg we'll give you money and you stick our logo on something)

3 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

The likes of Delaney, Holt and fat tramp Samuel are going to have a field day with this. Aren't Saudia basically owned by MBS?

Aye its state owned. Etihad Airways also was until October just gone and Emirates is too; owned by the ruling family of Dubai. Qatar Airways likewise,  owned by the Qatari government.

All the clubs whom have Gulf state money involved have state owned flag carrier airlines as sponsors or partners. Nowt new and to be expected but its just another thing for them to hit the club with.

1 hour ago, Keegans Export said:

He does raise a valid point that having new owners shouldn't necessarily put an end to the aim of fan representation, although I'd like to think that NUST (etc) are going to give the current owners a chance to make moves in that area before trying to force their way in. 

Haven't they already been quite clear that they plan on welcoming fan representation?

On 15/11/2022 at 13:05, Cort said:

Hopefully we can get adidas in, seeing as Silverstone was the one who signed Arsenal's deal to pivot to them back in 2019. Hopefully Dazza Eales has some adidas contacts from his MLS days.

To continue banging the adidas drum, just saw this: https://www.footyheadlines.com/2022/11/saudi-arabia-join-adidas.html, so hope something can be worked out asap.

4 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Adidas were shit for us after SBR left. 

See, I think this is the thing where people attach the success (or lack thereof) of a period of time with the shirt that was being worn. 

image.jpg 

For example, I always thought, based purely on looks, this was a banging top. But it was the one we were wearing during that relegation season so everyone associates it with shit time. On the flip side, I'm not a big fan of the current top, but you know in the future it will be looked back on fondly because of all the good memories being made in it.