PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

22 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Remember this pic Dick? Yeah that's the one that made you pass the takeover. I still have copies.

The takeover was passed because the judge was going to allow for the trial to proceed and was leaning towards our favour, and the Premeir League were going to have to air their dirty laundry, which included them knowing and colluding with the ESL.

44 minutes ago, Stifler said:

The takeover was passed because the judge was going to allow for the trial to proceed and was leaning towards our favour, and the Premeir League were going to have to air their dirty laundry, which included them knowing and colluding with the ESL.

Or more likely Saudi stopped pirating EPL games.

1 hour ago, Slim said:

Or more likely Saudi stopped pirating EPL games.

It had fuck all to do with that. The piracy had stopped long ago. It was all a play. The opening arguments for the court case ended on the Friday, by the end of the following week we had been taken over.

1 hour ago, Stifler said:

It had fuck all to do with that. The piracy had stopped long ago. It was all a play. The opening arguments for the court case ended on the Friday, by the end of the following week we had been taken over.

Yes, the paying of $1bn to Bein for piracy a couple of days before the takeover had nothing to do with it.  The Premier League really, really, really cared about separation.  The fact that the separation issue was put up by the Premier League as it was a means of blocking the takeover due to piracy was mere coincidence. 

3 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

US Rulings mean nowt in the UK - besides, does anyone really think the PL give a shite about ‘separation’?  It was always about piracy.

There’s nothing in the PL rules about state-owned clubs btw

That's the thing. I never understood why there was so much noise about who controls the PIF as the PL's O&D Test never stipulated that a state couldn't own a PL club.

Just now, Wandy said:

That's the thing. I never understood why there was so much noise about who controls the PIF as the PL's O&D Test never stipulated that a state couldn't own a PL club.

The only reason the PL wanted it is because they could tie the KSA state to piracy - which would rule them out.  It wasn’t that it would be state-owned, but that the state as an entity had stole from the PL. 

Just now, Wandy said:

It was because the PL wanted MBS to take the O & D test and MBS wasn’t willing to do that 

4 minutes ago, gdm said:

It was because the PL wanted MBS to take the O & D test and MBS wasn’t willing to do that 

Yeah but that's because of his ego, he didn't believe he should be subjected to such a thing. It was all about personal pride, not whether it would mean that state ownership of the club would scupper the takeover. At the time when the Saudis applied for NUFC the O&D test never said that a state couldn't own a club.

Edited by Wandy

3 minutes ago, Wandy said:

Yeah but that's because of his ego, he didn't believe he should be subjected to such a thing. It was all about personal pride, not whether it would mean that state ownership of the club would scupper the takeover. At the time when the Saudis applied for NUFC the O&D test never said that a state couldn't own a club.

It would have scuppered it, as the PL would then have pinned the state-led piracy to him, given he’s running the country.  Piracy is a criminal offence, so he’d be knackered under the PL rules

It was always about piracy for the PL. This argument about separation was ridiculous (its obvious KSA runs PIF whether on a technicality or not) and its no coincidence it all went away once the piracy issue was sorted.

Either way the agreement was that the state wouldn't be involved in running NUFC and provided its just Yasir, Mandy etc making all the decisions then I think that holds.

23 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

It would have scuppered it, as the PL would then have pinned the state-led piracy to him, given he’s running the country.  Piracy is a criminal offence, so he’d be knackered under the PL rules

Personally, I've never really bought into the idea that Bin Salman could be linked to piracy. I still believe the whole stalling of the takeover was a mix of egos and power play, namely from the dirty six PL clubs.

Its more than a coincidence to me that, as soon as it became clear that Ashley's case against the PL was about to become very public indeed, then a solution was found. I don't believe for one moment that, the week after the web-televised court hearing, was the first time the Saudi's had offered to shut down BEoutQ and compensate BEin. I think they offered it months before but the PL made out that it still wasn't enough, at the behest of their six "masters".