PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I'm all for a bit of sensible discussion about our owners and state ownership as a whole, but this is desperate stuff. 

Yeah- thought we had done all this?

I can’t believe they’re actually asking questions re vague US court documents, to do with Golf, of other teams managers.

Tells you all you need to know about the journalists in question and it’s got eff all to do with any concern for human rights, in my opinion. 

3 minutes ago, NUFC_Chris said:

it’s got eff all to do with any concern for human rights, in my opinion. 

Course it’s not. It’s pure self interest from everyone involved 

There clearly is a desperation from others for PIF to sell and buy one of the established big boys.  They’ve already stated why they won’t do this - and it should be fucking obvious really.  Man City and Chelsea - despite how much has been pumped in - are worth more than the invested capital pumped in over the last couple of decades.  Abramovich made a significant profit; Abu Dhabi would do the same if they sold Man City today.  What’s the point of buying Man Utd for £5-6bn if you view it as an investment?  There is a real danger there that you make a grand loss.  If you buy a Newcastle for £300-odd million (or a Leeds, Villa, Everton etc), pump a £1bn+ in (and you get wise minds to run it - take note, Everton), you can pretty much guarantee you’ve got a £2-3bn football club within a decade.  Plus, ALL the glory is yours - Man Utd and Liverpool fucking win things!  How much kudos is there in being the owners who win Liverpool their seventh European Cup?

1 hour ago, TheBrownBottle said:

There clearly is a desperation from others for PIF to sell and buy one of the established big boys.  They’ve already stated why they won’t do this - and it should be fucking obvious really.  Man City and Chelsea - despite how much has been pumped in - are worth more than the invested capital pumped in over the last couple of decades.  Abramovich made a significant profit; Abu Dhabi would do the same if they sold Man City today.  What’s the point of buying Man Utd for £5-6bn if you view it as an investment?  There is a real danger there that you make a grand loss.  If you buy a Newcastle for £300-odd million (or a Leeds, Villa, Everton etc), pump a £1bn+ in (and you get wise minds to run it - take note, Everton), you can pretty much guarantee you’ve got a £2-3bn football club within a decade.  Plus, ALL the glory is yours - Man Utd and Liverpool fucking win things!  How much kudos is there in being the owners who win Liverpool their seventh European Cup?

Yes.

If I were an investor worth multiple billions of pounds/dollars/euros, and had no particular club affiliation (which very few, if any, have), I'd choose to buy a long underperforming club with a past pedigree and large and passionate supporter base. A club that has the potential to compete at the very top and, if not for the advent of the PL and the nouveau "elite" clubs, could have reached the peak a decade or two ago; eg. one of the Sheffield clubs or, cough,  Sunderland. 

Death by a thousand pricks sort of thing.

If they keep at it every time a court somewhere says something about a PIF investment they'll be on it and hope eventually through boredom something will be done/said.

Amnesty its their raison d'etre, but others have a varying anti Saudi, anti NUFC, pro other clubs, pro their own personal agenda interest in it.

The knives are out in the press. Am not worried as there is no chance the Premier League will do anything. It's obvious we're owed by the State and it's naive to think the Premier League didn't know. This changes nothing.

39 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

Andy Dunn doesn’t say this shit if it’s not Staveley (or another woman) making these claims

The majority of fans will think "don't give a shit providing benefits us".

Its an unfortunate part of today's football that some clubs may need this in order to survive. Don't know how I'd feel if my club were to become the incubator club for a larger one.

Edited by madras

31 minutes ago, madras said:

The majority of fans will think "don't give a shit providing benefits us".

Its an unfortunate part of today's football that some clubs may need this in order to survive. Don't know how I'd feel if my club were to become the incubator club for a larger one.

Same. I guess I would feel better if there was some kind of reasonable release clause attached to any deal e.g. no strings freedom after 15 years or something.