PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

On 24/08/2021 at 08:10, B-more Mag said:

The "corporation sole" thing is a red herring and likely merely a product of the lawyer or paralegal trying to pick a characterization for something that's not a commonly encountered thing (that being a legal entity formed by royal decree under the law of Saudi Arabia). In any case, how the PIF is characterized on the corporate form of another entity would have no bearing on its actual legal status -- this would be determined under Saudi Arabian and English law, based on the facts and circumstances. It also would not change the fact that under the provisions of the PIF law KSA appoints PIF's directors. (And, obviously, it's pure speculation that PAUK has anything at all to do with the NUFC situation.)

Guest reefatoon
2 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

So not interesting or necessarily  relevant given their other UK interests

Depends how you look into it. Quite a few people found it interesting as we have been chatting about it.

1 hour ago, Lazarus said:

By the way - Its quite common for there to be a delay in documents being prepared and the posting and updating within companies house.

So......adding 2 and 2 and possibly getting 5....

Arbitration is adjourned pending the restructure of PIF's UK companies...

The structure of PIF's UK companies is a known stumbling block as to the separation of PIF from the Saudi Royal Family....

If the structure is revised to the satisfaction of all concerned....

Cans all round?

gene-wilder.gif

5 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

So not interesting or necessarily  relevant given their other UK interests

If we believe the company NCUK was specifically formed for the takeover of Newcastle how is it not interesting or relevant 

13 minutes ago, Scotty66 said:

It's an address change for the PIF and a change in the way it's described on a NCUK Investment Limited filing with the Companies House. NCUK Investment Limited can't change the nature of PIF's legal existence by changing a few words on a Companies House form. The PIF is a creature of Saudi Arabian -- the Saudi Arabian law itself would have to be changed in order for the nature of its legal existence to change.  

I’m sure i read somewhere The Abu Dhabi group changed their structure for the Man City takeover to go thru. Im sure it was addressed by caulkin or Douglas or another journo when they said PIF wanted to go thru the front door not the side door. Apologies my memory is terrible

17 minutes ago, B-more Mag said:

It's an address change for the PIF and a change in the way it's described on a NCUK Investment Limited filing with the Companies House. NCUK Investment Limited can't change the nature of PIF's legal existence by changing a few words on a Companies House form. The PIF is a creature of Saudi Arabian -- the Saudi Arabian law itself would have to be changed in order for the nature of its legal existence to change.  

In Saudi Law, PIF are a separate entity to the state anyway - that was always the argument that they presented to PL.  No change required

20 minutes ago, B-more Mag said:

That's that then. 

28 minutes ago, B-more Mag said:

Probably been answered, but what's the point of doing this then? (updating CH)

Edited by Rocker

1 hour ago, Lazarus said:

Good question - no idea.

Maybe theyve been told if you restructure, you can go ahead and takeover the club.

Its all bit tenuous and circumstancial Ill admit though

If you recall the Arbitration tribunal prefer it if the parties reach a compromise rather than Arbitration deciding the issue before them, so adjourning until early 2022 may have been to allow time for the cpnsortium and tje EPL to reach an amicable compromise such as restructuring the purchasing vehicle to prove separation from the Saudi state!

26 minutes ago, B-more Mag said:

That obviously makes sense but the speculation here isn't that the nature of PIF has changed, rather that they've cooked something up to avoid PIF having to go through the test at all? Unless I'm misunderstanding, which is entirely likely. 

39 minutes ago, gdm said:

I’m sure i read somewhere The Abu Dhabi group changed their structure for the Man City takeover to go thru. Im sure it was addressed by caulkin or Douglas or another journo when they said PIF wanted to go thru the front door not the side door. Apologies my memory is terrible

No worries mate. Now pop back indoors and put some trousers on. 

1 hour ago, gdm said:

If we believe the company NCUK was specifically formed for the takeover of Newcastle how is it not interesting or relevant 

Because it wasn't?

Companies House listings and person's of control mean absolutely bot all.

I used to work for a company in Shields that listed everything religiously on there, but didn't stop them going bust and disappearing in a week

Edited by gjohnson

8 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

Because it wasn't?

Companies House listings and person's of control mean absolutely bot all.

I used to work for a company in Shields that listed everything religiously on there, but didn't stop them going bust and disappearing in a week

How do you know it wasn’t? 

Just now, gdm said:

How do you know it wasn’t? 

I don't. I know nothing, but the level of activity doesn't exactly suggest the pursuit of a multi-million pound deal, when a company of less than 10 can provide more information in a month than they have in a year