PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

Guest HTT II

Bold prediction, it will be passed a week before the transfer deadline for August passes, quietly confident…

10 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Bold prediction, it will be passed a week before the transfer deadline for August passes, quietly confident…

And probably much too late to do anything in relation to the squad personnel. In short, no matter who the owner is now - what we have now is what we’ll be forced to start and persevere with.

36 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Last Friday in August at 3.00pm? [emoji38]

46 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Rafa will be free by then. 

I wouldn’t take him. He was aware that the takeover could happen over the summer but thought Everton was the better option. He could have waited if he had really wanted to come back and finish what he started but we are where we are.

Time to move on from that.

8 minutes ago, Ben said:

Do we think the takeover team will play a major role in running the club day to day ? 

What do you mean by takeover team?

If you mean Staveley, then yes, I’d imagine she would run it day to day. She has even previously said that her employees were in the process of buying houses in the area whilst the deal was ongoing last summer.

I think PIF and the Reubens will be more hands off.

Edited by Stifler

I think I'm over Rafa now, what he did for us, not just with the team but I'm sure he had a hand in the takeover and he woke up a sleepwalking supporter base stuck in a perpetual nightmare. I do believe he would have been perfect to rebuild NUFC from the ashes, however I also believe the consortium have their own ideas in mind and I trust them to make the right appointment to take us forward.

Rafa is with Everton now, for all the rights and wrongs of that, he's made his decision and we know he doesn't break contracts. If this takeover goes through we need to move forward ASAP.

6 minutes ago, Stifler said:

What do you mean by takeover team?

If you mean Staveley, then yes, I’d imagine she would run it day to day. She has even previously said that her employees were in the process of buying houses in the area whilst the deal was ongoing last summer.

I think PIF and the Reubens will be more hands off.

Aye, it seems like her husband is going to be involved as well possibly Jamie Reuban, it looks like they will need a lot of backroom office staff to make up the years of decline, I would love to see her business plan she mentioned on talksport the other day 

9 minutes ago, Mattoon said:

I think I'm over Rafa now, what he did for us, not just with the team but I'm sure he had a hand in the takeover and he woke up a sleepwalking supporter base stuck in a perpetual nightmare. I do believe he would have been perfect to rebuild NUFC from the ashes, however I also believe the consortium have their own ideas in mind and I trust them to make the right appointment to take us forward.

Rafa is with Everton now, for all the rights and wrongs of that, he's made his decision and we know he doesn't break contracts. If this takeover goes through we need to move forward ASAP.

I believe he'll still be back when we're taken over, at some point. 

But yeah, he isn't the only option. 

It's like looking into a weird alternate universe where we can attract anyone! Looking at unemployed managers for starters, I can't look past Conte for now. Just like it would've been Poch last year amid alleged interest, Sky ran with that and Allegri etc 

I know that we failed to get transparacy of all the intricate details as to how the arbitration verdict was reached but....the actual verdict has to be made public as soon as it has been reached, doesnt it?

1 hour ago, Wandy said:

I know that we failed to get transparacy of all the intricate details as to how the arbitration verdict was reached but....the actual verdict has to be made public as soon as it has been reached, doesnt it?

No.

If the takeover fails we know arbitration fails.

If it goes through, then either we have reached a settlement or won arbitration.

I can't remember a "board dispute" arbitration to base precedent upon. Conte at Chelsea was a manager's tribunal and even that was leaked, including the day the hearing began and the day - two months later - a decision was made. The actual judgment I don't think was made public for that