PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

21 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

It’s just a bit of a shame reading people just giving up if it does t go through. Hopefully it will bring the fanbase together with some fight instead.

I'm a huge advocate of protest, and I even happen to think that the fractured and unsustainable (not for the want of trying) protests against the ownership will have made a small difference in Ashley being ready to go now, as opposed to at some point in the future. It's inevitable he'd want to sell and make good on his investment, but the "he doesn't care" stuff has never been true imo, and every protest will have accelerated his exit point - even if by a matter of days! 

However if this doesn't come off I don't really know what's left to protest/unite against. He wants to go, we want him to go. Encouraging people to avoid going to SJP is a lost cause and a waste of energy now. The iron has long since gone cold. 

@reefatoon I now see your post clarifying the you meant protest against the PL rather than the club. :thup: I think my point remains though. The only meaningful or visual protest would be to not invest in the PL brand - ie no TV subscriptions and make sure SJP is empty. That's a total lost cause at this point. I can't see any figure or protest group within the fanbase having the ability to unite and push such a massively radical notion. SackPardew was difficult but achievable, AshleyOut near impossible... boycott the Premier League is beyond pie in the sky. 

Hugely unpopular point but playing devils advocate here…what if arbitration proves the PL are correct about the separation issue? What’s the use in protesting the PL then

Edited by gdm

15 minutes ago, gdm said:

Hugely unpopular point but playing devils advocate here…what if arbitration proves the PL are correct about the separation issue? What’s the use in protesting the PL then

I would not give a fuck.  The test is supposed to be to protect the club from bad owners.

Guest reefatoon
19 minutes ago, gdm said:

This is another reason why we need transparency. We should be allowed to know why it didn’t go through, as there will always be that doubt there that something wasn’t right.

Edited by reefatoon

I went to that protest outside the shop before the Spurs game but then it looked like everyone marched straight up into the ground for the game.

Me and my dad were the only ones sat in the Old George watching it on the tele.

Actually there was one other bloke there who agreed with us that it's a waste of time if you then go to the match.

22 minutes ago, gdm said:

What part of the O&D test are they failing if they show them to be one of the same though? 

2 minutes ago, mrmojorisin75 said:

Nothing but they'd then want to subject "the state" to the test and would bin it on piracy grounds

Can they bin it on piracy grounds? I don't think they can. 

1 hour ago, reefatoon said:

It’s a shame that the modern day Newcastle fan has zero fight in them. Had it beaten out of them over the last 14 years, where instead of wanting to fight for their club, they are willing to just quietly walk away instead.

Waste all their fight arguing on the internet with other fans.

People in general.

Edited by Happinesstan

2 minutes ago, Rocker said:

Big 6 and corruption. External pressures from the darling children of the PL. 

:lol: well, aye, but there must be an end game for the PL in forcing the SA state line - they must have legal advice that they can reject it if the SA state is a "shadow director" or whatever 

iirc members of the SA state were specifically named in some of the piracy stuff but it stopped short of saying the state was behind it, something like that

1 minute ago, Happinesstan said:

All i can do is pray that the PL corruption is never disclosed so that I'm not ashamed to sit at the top table alongside the other bent cunts.

They're not mutually exclusive.

35 minutes ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

I went to that protest outside the shop before the Spurs game but then it looked like everyone marched straight up into the ground for the game.

Me and my dad were the only ones sat in the Old George watching it on the tele.

Actually there was one other bloke there who agreed with us that it's a waste of time if you then go to the match.

and here is the problem , call him a cunt then take their seat .

weird 

54 minutes ago, gdm said:

Unpopular is it maybe they probably are right. There's no way PIF aren't controlled by KSA at all.

However, that's no ground to not allow the takeover given what they allowed in the past with Palace and Burnley.

If they want proof of who is running things, why are Palace allowed to hide their directors...

If they don't want state involvement, why is Man City allowed

If they don't want shady business conglomerates with overtones of state interference why are Villa and Wolves allowed

If they don't want state influenced alleged criminals involved why is Abramovich allowed

If they don't want owners taking money out of the league why are the Glazers/Fenway allowed.

If they genuinely don't want c**t owners involved why are Levy and Ashley allowed

Long and the short is the '6' run the league, and they don't want the competition which might deprive them of some cash

33 minutes ago, mrmojorisin75 said:

:lol: well, aye, but there must be an end game for the PL in forcing the SA state line - they must have legal advice that they can reject it if the SA state is a "shadow director" or whatever 

iirc members of the SA state were specifically named in some of the piracy stuff but it stopped short of saying the state was behind it, something like that

Don’t think anybody was named and I’ve not seen anything legally conclusive (including a French Court and WTO report). The WTO report only said individuals from the region. The state were criticised for not doing basically anything to stop the piracy (you could say the same about the UK government as IPTV is pretty rife here also). Not saying the state weren’t involved, but yet to see anything with conclusive proof. If there was, the French Court ruling and WTO report would have been using this. 

Edited by et tu brute

38 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

Unpopular is it maybe they probably are right. There's no way PIF aren't controlled by KSA at all.

However, that's no ground to not allow the takeover given what they allowed in the past with Palace and Burnley.

If they want proof of who is running things, why are Palace allowed to hide their directors...

If they don't want state involvement, why is Man City allowed

If they don't want shady business conglomerates with overtones of state interference why are Villa and Wolves allowed

If they don't want state influenced alleged criminals involved why is Abramovich allowed

If they don't want owners taking money out of the league why are the Glazers/Fenway allowed.

If they genuinely don't want c**t owners involved why are Levy and Ashley allowed

Long and the short is the '6' run the league, and they don't want the competition which might deprive them of some cash

Put this in the OP.

The issue is that if the KSA is a "director" due to "control" of the PIF, then the KSA must submit a declaration that certain facts about it are true. There's no publicly available definitive evidence that I'm aware of, but speculation is that the KSA has not supplied, and would not supply, such a declaration (one would guess most sovereign nations wouldn't agree to do so). (Actually, if the KSA had given the declaration, it would be an admission that it's a director-- so that's pretty conclusive that it hasn't done so.) Without that declaration, the EPL's rules allow it to say the KSA is disqualified as a director, which effectively prevents the deal as currently structured.

Edited by B-more Mag

3 hours ago, Rocker said:

With the CAT case likely to rumble on for the rest of the year, within a fortnight we'll at least have some closure with the arbitration.

If the arbitration doesn't go our way, I won't be actively supporting Newcastle United. I won't watch, read about, listen or talk about Newcastle United. I won't even keep up the CAT case. I'm sure I will hear about it we're taken over.

So within a fortnight, I can either support my club again or give it up indefinitely. It's black and white, and a mental relief either way. 

Same here, and it really won't be that difficult either as I had more or less done the same 15 months ago after Rafa had walked. I got dragged back in last April when the takeover took off but I know I can go back to where I was before that.

Walking away from going to matches, and watching games of other teams is actually pretty easy to do. The hardest thing to give up is the social media side of it as I enjoy the banter and craic. But still, I had managed to do that too, and was visiting forums only once every week at the most.

The last 12 months will finish me off for good if it doesn't go our way. And, as you say, the CAT won't bring PIF back and that's the crucial thing for me. I'm not interested in NUFC under any other owners, and it's not just down to how wealthy they are. Its more about how we will have lost their planned development of the club & investment in the region down to corruption within the organisation who run the game. My conscience will not let me continue to be a part of that.

I've got loads of hobbies and interests outside of football so it really isn't that important any more. I've become addicted to the takeover saga more with respect to clinging to the idea that I live in a fair country where justice prevails, rather than just being able to support a club that can compete at the top again.

1 hour ago, Wandy said:

Same here, and it really won't be that difficult either as I had more or less done the same 15 months ago after Rafa had walked. I got dragged back in last April when the takeover took off but I know I can go back to where I was before that.

Walking away from going to matches, and watching games of other teams is actually pretty easy to do. The hardest thing to give up is the social media side of it as I enjoy the banter and craic. But still, I had managed to do that too, and was visiting forums only once every week at the most.

The last 12 months will finish me off for good if it doesn't go our way. And, as you say, the CAT won't bring PIF back and that's the crucial thing for me. I'm not interested in NUFC under any other owners, and it's not just down to how wealthy they are. Its more about how we will have lost their planned development of the club & investment in the region down to corruption within the organisation who run the game. My conscience will not let me continue to be a part of that.

I've got loads of hobbies and interests outside of football so it really isn't that important any more. I've become addicted to the takeover saga more with respect to clinging to the idea that I live in a fair country where justice prevails, rather than just being able to support a club that can compete at the top again.

This is where I'm at too. 

If it doesn't go our way, I cannot continue supporting the club due to the fact we have been totally robbed of a massive opportunity for the club and the area because of corruption. There would be no point at all in football to me anymore if you're blocked from competing. This is NUFC so this is exactly what I think will happen too.