PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

5 minutes ago, 1964 said:

If the Saudis do walk away and the CAT case runs, would this not form part of the case against the PL, i.e. they have literally been the causation of a failed 300m deal.

Would the sanction not be commensurate?  Or am I talking bollocks?

That's effectively the basis of the monetary damages part of the CAT claim.

"As a result of the breaches by the Defendant, the Claimant has suffered loss and damage. In particular, the Claimant has lost the immediate sale, or lost the likely opportunity of an immediate sale of its shares in NUL (which owns NUFC) to the Consortium Company.

The Claimant seeks:

(1) Damages for loss of profit or, alternatively, loss of opportunity.

..."

Even if the Saudis walk away and the takeover is off would still like to see the FA dragged through the courts and some heads roll if there is some dirt on them. Just out of spite tbh, I know it's not going to do us much good. 

One of the people on the Tribunal has ties to the area, so that's something:

"Tim Frazer

Ordinary Member

Tim Frazer was a partner at Arnold & Porter LLP (now Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP) from 1999, during which time he advised on both conduct and merger cases in the EU and UK, and on compliance and audit processes in various jurisdictions worldwide that have adopted the EU approach to competition law. He was previously at Newcastle University, between 1980 and 1997, as Lecturer in Law, Dean of Law and Professor of Law. He is the author of a number of textbooks on competition law and is a director of an educational charity in the North East of England (the Percy Hedley Foundation)."

But but but but but Keith said it would be fast tracked and that the Saudis would stay as part of the consortium.

In my opinion this is dead and gone now lads, the premier leagues lawyers are infamous for their delaying tactics and it seems they’ve succeeded again. Can’t say the Saudis can really now be keen on investing into a sport in which the governing body have made it blatantly obvious that they aren’t wanted.

7 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

But surely Keith is getting the information from them/JB? Otherwise is he just making it up?

He aint getting details from anyone directly involved imo. Buying or selling. Itll be from "club insiders" and whichever journos are after his audience. Like that guy whos on his podcasts. I dont do their names. Liam? 

Edited by Super Duper Branko Strupar

Just now, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

He aint getting details from anyone directly involved imo. Buying or selling. Itll be from "club insiders" and whichever journos are after his audience. Like that guy whos on his podcasts. I dont do their names. Liam? 

Yeah, and where are they getting their info from? Justin Barnes.

Id doubt it. But never know. If Ashley is happy with any info leaking, itll be a small, controlled amount imo. Keith et al are spouting far too much wild shit for JB to really be a source. Again, imo. Could be wrong. Would go against everything I know of NUFC in the past 12 years for info to be freely given out though. Especially stuff like this. 

5 hours ago, Rocker said:

There's plenty of people to kick up a fuss, they just need organised.

I was part of the Sack Pardew and Ashley Out campaigns and I would be more than happy to give my time and money to someone who could facilitate something. 

Anyone who was part of Sack Pardew and Ashley Out have my utmost respect. You did great work :thup: 

4 hours ago, manorpark said:

Seriously, what else can we do?

Waiting is always difficult, and the longer the wait is the more that (to some) doubts creep in, and (even) some minds change.

However, we do now have some timescales in both cases, do we not?

So, yes, it is going to happen, of course it is, so keep it together and just W A I T !!

[emoji38]:lol::lol: