PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

8 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

PIF as owners or no one? Mental. 

If we didn't know what we know, I don't think people would have the same view, they would take anyone but Ashley.

I think because we've had this Rosey image painted for us of total investment in club and area it could feel a bitter pill settling for anyone else.

I still want Ashley gone, but our only opportunity at obscene wealth was this bid. If this doesn't work out then we will have to push for anyone else.

If PIF somehow become Involved with another PL club down the line I will be pissed mind [emoji38]

Edit: I think in another world where Fatboy hadn't absolutely tore the arsehole out of the club, any billionaire would do.

But we know the very state of this club top to bottom and they're going to need pretty deep pockets or a fair chunk of time repairing us.

Edited by NE27
I'm not done ranting

Yeah - Ive said before in here, as have others, that if it fails then I'll have to look at where I want to invest my time, my money and my sanity.

Can't be arsed with worrying about a relegation battle as soon as the season starts, for what is it now, 9 or 10 seasons in a row?

2 hours ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

I was thinking this last night actually, at least we are gonna know one way or the other in a couple of weeks.

Unless there's another fucking delay.

There's always another delay!

11 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

Yeah - Ive said before in here, as have others, that if it fails then I'll have to look at where I want to invest my time, my money and my sanity.

Can't be arsed with worrying about a relegation battle as soon as the season starts, for what is it now, 9 or 10 seasons in a row?

Further to that - I realise that there are many, many clubs whose existence is a series of relagation battles and that in one sense, Im lucky to support a PL club with players like ASM in the squad.

I just want a bit of hope mixed in with the misery. A cup run, a gem of a player from the academy coming though, a club identity, the belief that everyone behind the scenes is trying their hardest etc etc

Surely thats not being greedy?

Just now, Away Toon said:

It doesn't get mentioned much on here but surely in an ideal world nobody wants the fucking Saudi's owning our club?

I couldn't give two fucks, football sold its soul a long time ago, if you can't beat them then join them, it won't last forever.

Just now, Away Toon said:

It doesn't get mentioned much on here but surely in an ideal world nobody wants the fucking Saudi's owning our club?

In an ideal world, no. But in that same ideal world Man City and Chelsea should be sold too, as well as any clubs with American owners who don't have the club's best interests as their priority. 

3 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

In an ideal world, no. But in that same ideal world Man City and Chelsea should be sold too, as well as any clubs with American owners who don't have the club's best interests as their priority. 

True, but also in an ideal world Saudi Arabia isn’t a country that has more than questionable human rights issues.

Edited by Stifler

1 minute ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

Do people think we will win arbitration?

I don't have a clue but i'm gonna say no.

This is Newcastle.

This is my thoughts too.

Nothing good happens to us. 

3 minutes ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

This is Newcastle.

If we do win then Gary Hoffman's dog will eat the resubmitted paperwork.  Can't help but think that there will be some sort of further stalling process.

49 minutes ago, Ben said:

I couldn't give two fucks, football sold its soul a long time ago, if you can't beat them then join them, it won't last forever.

Exactly! Get the saudis in. They invest in just about every other big company in the world and no cunt bats an eyelid. Are they the richest owners out there? Yes! Right, that's who I want! Nobody else but them.

1 hour ago, Stifler said:

True, but also in an ideal world Saudi Arabia isn’t a country that has more than questionable human rights issues.

They all have questionable human rights issues out there its almost medievil [emoji38]

1 hour ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

This is Newcastle.

I'm feeling optimistic actually. But then again, at this point in the game there is nothing to lose for me. If we lose then I won't be hanging around to wallow in the misery so might as well go out in a blaze of hope.

Hope that kills you isn't it? If it sounds too good to be true it probably is and £250m in the squad, the area over a few years is far too good to be true when we're against the establishment fighting against it 

4 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

Hope that kills you isn't it? If it sounds too good to be true it probably is and £250m in the squad, the area over a few years is far too good to be true when we're against the establishment fighting against it 

To be fair, I can understand the caution/pessimism at this stage from anyone planning on continuing to follow NUFC, post-failed takeover. But if you aren't, then where is the harm in thinking positive at this point?

Edited by Wandy