PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

Article's been updated https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2021/07/19/newcastle-uniteds-takeover-arbitration-hearing-postponed-2022/

The delay has been caused by issues of disclosure of information on both sides of the legal argument, but will come as an enormous frustration to supporters who remain desperate for the takeover to go through.

Neither the buyers, whose legal challenge has been led by Newcastle owner Mike Ashley, or the Premier League were willing to provide all of the relevant information needed for the panel to make a decision, forcing the adjournment.

That would suggest that the Saudi Arabian government has not helped Ashley win the case by providing the information asked for by the Premier League last summer when the takeover collapsed.

In turn, the Premier League have also not been forthcoming with information requested, making the adjournment inevitable. As a result, blame can be attached to both sides, with the club trapped in purgatory while this drawn out process continues.

The alternative option for Ashley is to sell the club to another interested party and it is thought that is an option currently under consideration.

Telegraph Sport also understands that both sides have known for some time that the hearing would be adjourned because of the lack of evidence provided, which raises questions as to why Newcastle have failed to carry out any transfer business since the players returned to pre-season training a fortnight ago.

It is also thought parties who have previously expressed an interest in buying the club, but who had been deterred by PIF’s very public bid, are likely to test Ashley’s resolve to sell to them given the myriad of problems he has faced in getting the deal through the Premier League’s Owners and Directors Test.

On thing we have to remember, the CAT is not weighing in the PLs favour( like the arbitration is) and there is only so much kicking the can down the road a judge will take be before he works out the PL are taking the piss, the PL had to submit evidence last Monday so hopefully we will hear something in the next week or so. 

Just now, nbthree3 said:

Article's been updated https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2021/07/19/newcastle-uniteds-takeover-arbitration-hearing-postponed-2022/

The delay has been caused by issues of disclosure of information on both sides of the legal argument, but will come as an enormous frustration to supporters who remain desperate for the takeover to go through.

Neither the buyers, whose legal challenge has been led by Newcastle owner Mike Ashley, or the Premier League were willing to provide all of the relevant information needed for the panel to make a decision, forcing the adjournment.

That would suggest that the Saudi Arabian government has not helped Ashley win the case by providing the information asked for by the Premier League last summer when the takeover collapsed.

In turn, the Premier League have also not been forthcoming with information requested, making the adjournment inevitable. As a result, blame can be attached to both sides, with the club trapped in purgatory while this drawn out process continues.

The alternative option for Ashley is to sell the club to another interested party and it is thought that is an option currently under consideration.

Telegraph Sport also understands that both sides have known for some time that the hearing would be adjourned because of the lack of evidence provided, which raises questions as to why Newcastle have failed to carry out any transfer business since the players returned to pre-season training a fortnight ago.

It is also thought parties who have previously expressed an interest in buying the club, but who had been deterred by PIF’s very public bid, are likely to test Ashley’s resolve to sell to them given the myriad of problems he has faced in getting the deal through the Premier League’s Owners and Directors Test.

Top effort from Edwards, getting that out with one hand so quickly.

2 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

This has no merit whatsoever, everyone knows if the takeover was of a top six club it would be done in 22 days just like Man City 

10 minutes ago, neesy111 said:

Both sides had issues with disclosure which is alarming.

Aye. As much as we don’t want it to be true, both sides are playing games.

4 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

So what was the point of both parties going for arbitration, which was preferred by the Premier league only for themselves and NUFC to not disclose their information properly??

One surprise in all this is how fucking raging I am at this but I also know it's the last flicker of care I have for the club and It's about to go out. Weird emotions right now. Certainly a bigger kick in the balls than last Sunday.

On the arbitration process, which she has pleaded is made public, Staveley added: "I can’t talk about the actual arbitration process as I’m not privy to it but I can tell you all of the questions the Premier League presented to us were absolutely answered in an incredibly quick and timely manner.”

Club challenge to get the consortium passed. I think it's based on suspicion Ghodoussi's tweet because I don't see how they'd know. Jamie Reuben retweeted a Mark Douglas tweet on transparency just before as well, similar boat

Edited by nbthree3

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Has this been confirmed? Seems odd for Staveley’s husband to say it’s one-sided if it is true.

To be fair they've spent the last fortnight bigging it up in the media without ever mentioning this was clearly on the horizon. It's a bit naive not to believe there's a very good chance it is both parties. 

Just now, Stifler said:

Aye, take no notice of an Edwards article.

Guy is a cunt, and desperate for Ashley to sell to some chancers.

Unfortunately, my gut instinct says he has got it right. I think Ashley will quietly let this fizzle out and start sounding out alternatives.

Honestly, its time for people to decide if they want to continue their interest in football in a post-failed Saudi takeover world. I know what my answer is to that particular question.

Worrying thing for me, if it's disclosure of evidence from our side, Staveley's been mouthing off to anyone who'll listen lately knowing full well that this was the case. 

Fuck it I'll be back to giving no fucks about what happens to us..... Until this fuckin shit storm rears its head again in a year. 

1 hour ago, NE27 said:

How is no one questioning why the PL are fighting this so resolutely and putting one of its current members clubs through absolute turmoil is beyond me, honestly.

Fuck it, fold the club now.

I'm joking.

But not really 

Withdraw from the league. Fuck 'em.

34 minutes ago, RS said:

PL have played a fucking blinder.  That must have been their goal.  

Sickening political shenanigans. They couldn’t give a fuck about our club or support. 

Tbf I didn't even know this latest twist was possible. That it's gone totally left field just makes you understand how hard it is going to be to nail these lizards down, even the govt can't twist their arm. In the greater scheme of things our club just doesn't matter enough, unless we fulfil our appointed role as being northern whipping boys for the hallowed big six.