PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

I think it's the same parent company that own both "National World" formerly? JPI Media, this one's an online-only competitor to the Chronicle etc 

"We are part of JPI Media, one of the UK’s leading regional media organisations. As such, we won’t report on the news through a London lens."

Edited by nbthree3

40 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

I think it's the same parent company that own both "National World" formerly? JPI Media, this one's an online-only competitor to the Chronicle etc 

"We are part of JPI Media, one of the UK’s leading regional media organisations. As such, we won’t report on the news through a London lens."

Is that just a pretentious way of presenting clickbait?

If so Kennedy will fit right in

JPI is Johnston Press, the company who own the Shields Gazette, Hartlepool Mail and Mackem Echo among other regional dailies.

it looks like Newcastle World is a new online platform they’ve launched, presumably to try and take on the regional behemoth that is Reach PLC (formerly Trinity Mirror - they own the Mirror, Express and various regional dailies like the MEN, Liverpool Echo, Birmingham Mail and, of course, the Chronicle and Journal).

I wouldn't read anything into these "communication breakdown" stories tbh. 

It's obviously a ploy to get traffic to their new site. Not really groundbreaking anyway as people by now are either fed up about takeover stories and couldn't give a fuck, or they just know that no one outside of the deal knows anything about what's going on. 

The real fear has to be that the PL are allowed to appeal the CAT ruling. 

If the PL do appeal on the basis that the club are bound to PL arbitration as agreed by all PL clubs in rule book, this would be an obvious tactic then by all accounts it could be a year to hear appeal.

We have to hope that the club have anticipated this by using St James Holdings instead.

6 hours ago, Lazarus said:

One thing Ive never understood is that if Jimbob Bigshot from America can buy a club using its own funds ala Manure's leveraged buyout then why cant anyone else do the same?

Wasn't Burnley taken over with a leveraged buyout recently, too?

I've been thinking this lately - couldn't Staveley do the same thing? But perhaps that's what she was doing the first time around and couldn't make it work (although she was counting of winning against Barclays, wasn't she?)

15 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

If the PL do appeal on the basis that the club are bound to PL arbitration as agreed by all PL clubs in rule book, this would be an obvious tactic then by all accounts it could be a year to hear appeal.

We have to hope that the club have anticipated this by using St James Holdings instead.

:suicide:

16 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

It seems that's the basis of the PL's jurisdiction challenge anyway. 

The basis that an appeal could be made is extremely limited, only on a point of law, right to appeal would have to be granted by the CAT or Court of Appeal and any appeal would not act as a stay on the rest of the case unless the CAT or court orders otherwise. If they lose their challenge the PL could not just make a spurious appeal to delay the case.

6 hours ago, Jackie Broon said:

It seems that's the basis of the PL's jurisdiction challenge anyway. 

The basis that an appeal could be made is extremely limited, only on a point of law, right to appeal would have to be granted by the CAT or Court of Appeal and any appeal would not act as a stay on the rest of the case unless the CAT or court orders otherwise. If they lose their challenge the PL could not just make a spurious appeal to delay the case.

Though the PL are the regulator in this case surely the fact they aren’t an independent one, the PL arbitration will not be allowed to take precedence over a U.K. court. 

In a scenario where Ashley sold the club to US investors for 300 million, he would not have the ability to continue arbitration as new owners wouldn’t continue with it. However, St James holdings would still be 40 million out of pocket. Hopefully the fact it’s the holding company taking the action, it can correctly be argued they’re not bound by PL rule book.

Fully believe that PCP would be well aware if another ODT was going through currently with another bidder. Staveley would let us all know and she’d say it’s off. 

I want these actions to run, we need to find out why we’re being denied this investment and a PL approved US leveraged buyout should not pacify anyone at this point.

You can bet your bottom dollar if Jeff Bezos was the US bidder, that US investment would again be contested under some spurious reason that it’s anti competitive due to Amazon.

The PL will allow us a takeover on the corrupt 6 terms, they won’t allow us a takeover that threatens them.

In no way should any of us accept this, PBP may have been officially scrapped but it’s alive and well in terms of ownership veto from the 6 clubs.

Still massively wrong too. The PL isn’t blocking the takeover on behalf of the top six, they’re blocking it because they’re (rightly) pissed off about piracy in KSA.

It’s mackem-esque behaviour to keep rattling on about the top six. Yes, they probably sent a few letters and made a few phone calls, but that isn’t the reason we’re sat here without new owners. Their impact was minimal to none.

PIF aren’t angels in all of this either, their stubbornness to budge has also had an impact on delaying/preventing the process.

The PL have prevented us the opportunity of a lifetime, they’ve also done it in a way that stagnates the club and leaves us in a semi-permanent limbo. That is all completely wrong and totally unforgivable.

21 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Still massively wrong too. The PL isn’t blocking the takeover on behalf of the top six, they’re blocking it because they’re (rightly) pissed off about piracy in KSA.

It’s mackem-esque behaviour to keep rattling on about the top six. Yes, they probably sent a few letters and made a few phone calls, but that isn’t the reason we’re sat here without new owners. Their impact was minimal to none.

PIF aren’t angels in all of this either, their stubbornness to budge has also had an impact on delaying/preventing the process.

The PL have prevented us the opportunity of a lifetime, they’ve also done it in a way that stagnates the club and leaves us in a semi-permanent limbo. That is all completely wrong and totally unforgivable.

They are absolutely blocking this takeover on behalf of not only big 6, but probably other clubs to.

Piracy is just the convenient excuse they’ve used.

Still naive and absolutely nothing mackemesque about me Fanny lad.

45 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

It’s mackem-esque behaviour to keep rattling on about the top six.

I don't agree with the entire post but I do agree with this.  If you want a line of attack it should be the PL are actively preventing a takeover that could significantly improve their own brand and the situation of one of their members who have been ran into the ground by the current owner, instead of actively trying to make it happen in a way that fits with their rules.

Technically they're probably in the right, when you consider the concept of shadow ownership or whatever but they should have led the way to find a solution, not put up all the roadblocks.  That is somewhat suspicious in itself of course but is likely more related to bein and their commercial partners than "the top six" behind behind it all.

Reality bites unfortunately.

20 minutes ago, BennyBlanco said:

Or just answer the question. 

I give most people the benefit of doubt on here that they are having a bit of a giggle with this Keith thing. However, if you actually think I’m Keith I really can’t take you seriously pal.

1 hour ago, Whitley mag said:

I give most people the benefit of doubt on here that they are having a bit of a giggle with this Keith thing. However, if you actually think I’m Keith I really can’t take you seriously pal.

Come on Keith, stop messing about😂

2 hours ago, Whitley mag said:

They are absolutely blocking this takeover on behalf of not only big 6, but probably other clubs to.

Piracy is just the convenient excuse they’ve used.

Still naive and absolutely nothing mackemesque about me Fanny lad.

I mean everything you (/Keith) have said so far has been proven to be utter bollocks, so I’m not sure why this would be any different.

1 hour ago, Whitley mag said:

Errr.......didnt you acknowledge you were Kieth the other day?

Not that I give a shite either way

Whether you’re a fan of Keith or not he is quite repetitive in his manner, he mentions trolls a lot, he will say how he’s just one fan a lot and just generally rant a lot. Whitley doesn’t do any of these things. 

8 minutes ago, MickMack said:

Whether you’re a fan of Keith or not he is quite repetitive in his manner, he mentions trolls a lot, he will say how he’s just one fan a lot and just generally rant a lot. Whitley doesn’t do any of these things. 

There's absolutely no way Keith could take the amount of abuse whitley does on here without snapping. He's had a couple  of nibbles but in general has 100 times that thrown at him so good going to keep a lid on it. 

Keith would have been banned within a few weeks, far too much ego on him. 

1 hour ago, Fantail Breeze said:

I mean everything you (/Keith) have said so far has been proven to be utter bollocks, so I’m not sure why this would be any different.

It’s an opinion you take it or leave it.

In your case I’d be worried if you agreed Fanny.