PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

2 hours ago, Scotty66 said:

I actually agree with him. I don't think there is any legal way the PL can stop the deal, they know this and this is why they are stalling and stalling. Look at what that alone has done on here, people just can't be bothered anymore. That's exactly what they want, mostly of course from the buyers. But I truly believe the buyers won't back down. 

With everything we have seen about takeovers of other clubs in the PL we deserve ours, sovereign state or not. The PL do not, and I believe, cannot have the absolute final decision on a change of business. 

Mike Ashley is going to want his money, even if the Saudi's get bored or go elsewhere you know he would scorch the earth for a 20 quid note, let alone the tens of millions rejecting the takeover will have cost him.

2 hours ago, Scotty66 said:

I actually agree with him. I don't think there is any legal way the PL can stop the deal, they know this and this is why they are stalling and stalling. Look at what that alone has done on here, people just can't be bothered anymore. That's exactly what they want, mostly of course from the buyers. But I truly believe the buyers won't back down. 

With everything we have seen about takeovers of other clubs in the PL we deserve ours, sovereign state or not. The PL do not, and I believe, cannot have the absolute final decision on a change of business. 

That's true, but no one is arguing the PL actually does have that power. Ashley and the consortium could go through with the deal today and there's nothing the PL could do to stop them. The consequence of that, though, is being in breach of PL rules and subject to penalties that include expulsion from the league. 

5 hours ago, HTT II said:

Aye MP is no WUM/Troll, he’s been on here for ages, I think his optimism is bat shit crazy right now, but you don’t have to read/respond.

Just because a person is on here for ages doesn’t mean they aren’t winding people up. You yourself were a WUM with all that Friday 3pm nonsense and you’ve been here for years. 

5 hours ago, Scotty66 said:

And that's why I agree with MP. Going by their rules they can't reject it, because they don't have reasonable grounds, hence why they didn't and why we have taken it to legals. 

If they prove there is no separation then they absolutely can 

11 hours ago, manorpark said:

I don't normally respond to crap like that, but I will this time.

All you have to do is . . . . W * * T

Then you will ALL be in my camp, and I couldn't care less, I will not be saying "I told you so", all I want is what I know NUFC deserves . . the best.

In the meantime, try to curb the 'extreme' one line responses, please.

I'll agree to curb the one line responses if you agree to curb the rambling, fantastical bullshit agreed? :thup:

Nice doing business with you.

12 hours ago, manorpark said:

The exact opposite of that is the case.

The Premier League are absolutely determined not to let the Saudi takeover of NUFC happen - but they CANNOT do so.

Isn't it obvious?

Why are they doing everything they can to delay matters? That is ALL they are doing . . delay, delay, delay.

Why?

Because they have lost, and they KNOW that they have lost, so they are hoping for a miracle.

Delay, delay, delay, until the PIF walk away, that is their desired miracle. That will not happen, as PIF (and the Reubens and Staveley) are not stupid.

The Premier League are dead in the water, they know they are, they just haven't summoned up the courage to admit it yet, even to their own stupid selves. 

Not stupid. But naive perhaps? Because the PL have been kicking their application left, right and center everytime they think they've done enough.

"It's as simple as this. Just when they think they have the answers, I change the culture".

Edited by nufcjb

7 hours ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

The PLs rules and terms are not the same as UK law.

But surely uk law overrides unfairly applied terms or very loose definitions in said terms. You can just shut down a legitimate sale because your personal terms vaguely outlay who is and isn’t deemed acceptable to buy the club. They were that confident in their own rules that instead of flatly rejecting the deal they just offered arbitration let’s not forget.

Guest HTT II
2 hours ago, gdm said:

Just because a person is on here for ages doesn’t mean they aren’t winding people up. You yourself were a WUM with all that Friday 3pm nonsense and you’ve been here for years. 

That sir is called joking around/having a laugh. If people took offence to that shit, well…

8 hours ago, HTT II said:

Aye MP is no WUM/Troll, he’s been on here for ages, I think his optimism is bat shit crazy right now, but you don’t have to read/respond.

Yeah, you can pretty much say anyone's a wum if they have a different opinion to you and make it. 

MP rarely pops up and posts, it's usually in response to something.

Wish I did have his belief mind you [emoji38]

It’s not helped by the grim reality of what this club actually is without some form of intervention?

It’s almost the last straw for people who care about the club and it’s history and don’t just turn up regardless for a day with the lads. 

MP and Whitley WANT (sorry!) to believe this will happen after so many decades of support. I can sympathise fully. It’s the lowest I’ve felt about the club, but I’ve accepted it’s fate. Fair play to those that haven’t. 

3 hours ago, gdm said:

Well most of us knew he was only jesting so there's the difference. 

18 minutes ago, Bishops Finger said:

Well most of us knew he was only jesting so there's the difference. 

Was just an example of time here doesn’t determine wether you are a WUM or not

5 hours ago, gdm said:

If they prove there is no separation then they absolutely can 

Not necessarily, the PL also have a rule that says that clubs can't enter other competitions without the PL's permission but they know that rule would not stand up to legal challenge. Which is why the government had to threaten legislation to stop the ESL. The same may well be true of the owners' and directors' test rules.

Guest HTT II
1 hour ago, gdm said:

Was just an example of time here doesn’t determine wether you are a WUM or not

And the 3.00pm thing is forum folklore…

20 minutes ago, HTT II said:

And the 3.00pm thing is forum folklore…

People did believe it tho and asked you to wrap it plenty of times yet you kept on doing it. That’s a WUM in my book

Edited by gdm

Guest HTT II
15 minutes ago, gdm said:

People did believe it tho and asked you to wrap it plenty of times yet you kept on doing it. That’s a WUM in my book

Nah, too sensitive, and I did/have quit it. Again with MP and anyone else if you don’t like what they write, ignore, it’s really that simple, people need to grow the fuck up and get a bit of back bone, to be offended by someone posting on a forum man :lol:

3 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Nah, too sensitive, and I did/have quit it. Again with MP and anyone else if you don’t like what they write, ignore, it’s really that simple, people need to grow the fuck up and get a bit of back bone, to be offended by someone posting on a forum man :lol:

Not sure that's the point he's making is it? MP knows full well that typing W A I T after every post, offering nothing more, winds people up. He does it to wind people up. There's literally no other point to posting it :lol:

Whether people get wound up by it or not is a different matter.

Guest HTT II
1 minute ago, Shearergol said:

Not sure that's the point he's making is it? MP knows full well that typing W A I T after every post, offering nothing more, winds people up. He does it to wind people up. There's literally no other point to posting it :lol:

Whether people get wound up by it or not is a different matter.

Then ignore/don’t read/join in? It’s really, literally, that simple, shit like that boils my piss the most than anything the likes of MP post.

Just now, HTT II said:

Then ignore/don’t read/join in? It’s really, literally, that simple, shit like that boils my piss the most than anything the likes of MP post.

Again, that's not the point. You're arguing that MP isn't wumming people by posting W A I T all the time. Your argument wasn't about whether people should respond or not (they shouldn't, everyone should just stick him on ignore imo)

Anyway, pointless conversation, typical of this thread. 

21 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Oh and I might bring back the 3.00pm/Mexican thing just to piss people off, I’m a cunt…

Tbh I don’t really give a fuck what you or MP do. Don’t get so defensive. Guess I’ll say it a second time it was just an example that you can post year for years and still wind people up

Edited by gdm