PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

Just now, Jackie Broon said:

But they're unlikely to want to keep the companies active, which involves fining annual accounts and confirmation statements, if they are just remnants of an embarrassing failure.

You're deliberately going round in circles now. I've addressed that further up the page in terms of money owed / being owed. 

Look, if Ashley can give the PIF the deal on a silver platter, no impediments to closing, it seems pretty likely the PIF would do it -- no guarantee, but pretty likely. Right now Ashley can't do that, and, unless and until he can, all the "is PIF still in or is it out" is worth a bucket of warm piss.

Edited by B-more Mag

1 hour ago, Joey Linton said:

Again this is wrong. If either company either owes or was owed money to or from anyone pending the conclusion of the Ashley / PL cases or anything else then they'd just be left as they were. 

Out of interest what money to they owe? I'd assumed the deposit would have been paid up front.

25 minutes ago, Joey Linton said:

You're deliberately going round in circles now. I've addressed that further up the page in terms of money owed / being owed. 

Could be an explanation, equally it could be that they're waiting around for the outcome of the arbitration / CAT or whatever else there may be that we don't know about, to complete the takeover if they can. 

With the jurisdiction hearing at the end of this month and an outcome of that probably by the end of October, I still have some hope that the takeover isn't dead yet.

32 minutes ago, Joey Linton said:

PIF are back in / still in one day later. :lol:

Oh good. He’s into the “this may or may not happen, just need to make sure I cover all bases” bullshit.

It’s mad that people actually think he knows something :lol: how thick can you be?

I'm going to call him out on twitter when (if) this all finally ends in nothing. Ask him genuinely if he will be apologising to everyone he's blocked and shouted down. Mainly to that shell, who tbf has been proved correct over him and Liam Kennedy. 

Just think everyone needs to stop getting so bent out of shape over who / what tweets or writes articles that are winding you up. A good sign you need to take a step back. I did. It’s helped me greatly. :thup:

I read nothing on Twitter or any other social media platform when it comes to pretty much any news, NUFC, footy or world news related, so good for your health man. I only ever become aware of that shit when it’s posted on here.

10 minutes ago, HTT II said:

I read nothing on Twitter or any other social media platform when it comes to pretty much any news, NUFC, footy or world news related, so good for your health man. I only ever become aware of that shit when it’s posted on here.

I've said it before, especially twitter, it is an echo chamber of horrific opinions and opinionated people. Take it with a pinch of salt and a thick skin, or better still, like you say, stay away from it!

34 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

I reckon it's dead. But I'm clinging onto the hope that Amanda Staveley is alleged to be the kind of person who never gives in, and eventually gets what she wants. 

Its something I guess. 

Better than listening to someone Monkfish on Twitter. 

Her recent court case tells us a different story though. She got fuck all. 

There’s the slightest whiff of a chancer about her that I can’t really seem to let go of in my head. She only brought the Saudis to the table via that American tart that Al Rumiyan is rumoured to be pumping - that seems to be the only thing that got them on board. It’s all very very tenuous stuff. 

15 minutes ago, BennyBlanco said:

Her recent court case tells us a different story though. She got fuck all. 

There’s the slightest whiff of a chancer about her that I can’t really seem to let go of in my head. She only brought the Saudis to the table via that American tart that Al Rumiyan is rumoured to be pumping - that seems to be the only thing that got them on board. It’s all very very tenuous stuff. 

I knew someone would throw that up. But to be honest, how easy is it ever going to be for anyone vs a bank? 😁

In terms of acquiring a business, or that sort of thing, I think she said herself, being a northern lass, she doesn't back down or give up easily. 

Edited by mighty__mag

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2021/feb/26/amanda-staveley-loses-high-court-action-against-barclays

Judge David Waksman ruled on Friday that “Barclays was guilty of fraudulent misrepresentation” but that Staveley’s PCP group was not entitled to damages. This was because even if Barclays had been honest, PCP would not have been able to raise enough money to finance the deal, he said.

“While PCP has succeeded on liability, it has failed on causation and loss with the result that the overall claim fails,” Waksman said. “I can understand why this outcome will be a serious disappointment to PCP, especially after I have found Barclays to be guilty of serious deceit.”

The judge described Staveley as “the driving force of PCP” and a “tough, clever and creative entrepreneur”. He dismissed Barclays claims that she was “guilty of ‘obvious embellishment and invention’.”

“I do not accept that as a general characterisation… she was essentially an untruthful or unreliable witness,” Waksman said. “I thought that, for the most part, her evidence was reliable.”

8 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

I knew someone would throw that up. But to be honest, how easy is it ever going to be for anyone vs a bank? 😁

In terms of acquiring a business, or that sort of thing, I think she said herself, being a northern lass, she doesn't back down or give up easily. 

Accident of birth is in no way indicative of the tenacity of her character.