PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

49 minutes ago, hakka said:

Does anyone genuinely think a take over is still on or a possibility? Feels like we are further away from one for as long as I can remember at present, sadly.

You will get lots of negative responses to this question, lots of them. 

I cannot work out why so many people think like that, there has been good and positive signs, and there has been bad and negative signs, and so many people seem to obsessively latch onto the negative signs and therefore become negative themselves. The two main aspects that cause many to feel negative, appear to be (1) We are Newcastle United, nothing good ever happens to us, and (2) the sheer length of time and periods of quiet/no news that this is taking.

None of those types of things have ever impacted on me. It remains simple, we have a very willing seller (who feels he has really already sold the club) and we have an even more willing buyer who are extremely capable and successful people and who are very, very rich. They are far too good to lose this fight, and this "time" thing that so impacts on the negative types is (in itself) a further indication of why the buyers will not lose. With all these delays (and despite some public statements to the contrary) they are obviously ALL still in there fighting. If they were not, none of what is happening with the legal cases would be happening. If they were not still "all in" NOTHING would be happening, and the Consortium would have notified us all about that fact - very clearly.

So - hakka - try to ignore the legion of enthusiastic negative responses that you will get, and just look forward to our hard-fought very exciting future.

3 hours ago, hakka said:

Does anyone genuinely think a take over is still on or a possibility? Feels like we are further away from one for as long as I can remember at present, sadly.

in answer to your question NO , anyone still with hope are a nut job .

6 hours ago, hakka said:

Been dead since July 2020.

7 hours ago, manorpark said:

You will get lots of negative responses to this question, lots of them. 

I cannot work out why so many people think like that, there has been good and positive signs, and there has been bad and negative signs, and so many people seem to obsessively latch onto the negative signs and therefore become negative themselves. The two main aspects that cause many to feel negative, appear to be (1) We are Newcastle United, nothing good ever happens to us, and (2) the sheer length of time and periods of quiet/no news that this is taking.

None of those types of things have ever impacted on me. It remains simple, we have a very willing seller (who feels he has really already sold the club) and we have an even more willing buyer who are extremely capable and successful people and who are very, very rich. They are far too good to lose this fight, and this "time" thing that so impacts on the negative types is (in itself) a further indication of why the buyers will not lose. With all these delays (and despite some public statements to the contrary) they are obviously ALL still in there fighting. If they were not, none of what is happening with the legal cases would be happening. If they were not still "all in" NOTHING would be happening, and the Consortium would have notified us all about that fact - very clearly.

So - hakka - try to ignore the legion of enthusiastic negative responses that you will get, and just look forward to our hard-fought very exciting future.

Ok Katestewart22

I think a takeover will happen (eventually*) but it won’t be this one 

*when we are relegated from the Premier League

Edited by gdm

Guest reefatoon

It’s always disappointing seeing the grief @manorpark gets. I don’t see what is wrong with his post there. It’s what he believes and he has stayed positive with that the whole time. He hasn’t been argumentative in that post or anything like that, he is just saying what he is sticking too and his outlook on it. People don’t agree, that’s fine but the stick he gets is shit like. 

Edited by reefatoon

I mean, this:

"The two main aspects that cause many to feel negative, appear to be (1) We are Newcastle United, nothing good ever happens to us, and (2) the sheer length of time and periods of quiet/no news that this is taking"

completely ignores every other reason posters state why they don't think the takeover will happen. I guess people are just tired of explaining their reasons only to be told that they're being negative because of timescales.

51 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

It’s always disappointing seeing the grief @manorpark gets. I don’t see what is wrong with his post there. It’s what he believes and he has stayed positive with that the whole time. He hasn’t been argumentative in that post or anything like that, he is just saying what he is sticking too and his outlook on it. People don’t agree, that’s fine but the stick he gets is shit like. 

It’s the fact it’s constant. It’s like a propaganda bot. No matter what has happened over the last 2 years it’s the same nonsense. Also the fact I don’t think he contributes anything to this forum outside the takeover thread just makes him appear like a WUM

also Hakka asks for people’s opinions and here comes Manorpark telling us all why we are wrong and telling Hakka just to ignore the opinions that differ from his. How can you not see how that would annoy people?

Edited by gdm

4 minutes ago, gdm said:

It’s the fact it’s constant. It’s like a propaganda bot. No matter what has happened over the last 2 years it’s the same nonsense. Also the fact I don’t think he contributes anything to this forum outside the takeover thread just makes him appear like a WUM

Interesting comment!

For 'constant', read 'consistent'.

At present, as I thought you would know, NUFC is dead. Why would ANYONE contribute to any thread other than the Takeover Threads . . there is no point, no interest.

1 minute ago, manorpark said:

Interesting comment!

For 'constant', read 'consistent'.

At present, as I thought you would know, NUFC is dead. Why would ANYONE contribute to any thread other than the Takeover Threads . . there is no point, no interest.

Plenty do. It’s the point of the forum. 

8 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

I mean, this:

"The two main aspects that cause many to feel negative, appear to be (1) We are Newcastle United, nothing good ever happens to us, and (2) the sheer length of time and periods of quiet/no news that this is taking"

completely ignores every other reason posters state why they don't think the takeover will happen. I guess people are just tired of explaining their reasons only to be told that they're being negative because of timescales.

Those are the two MAIN reasons many people give, or 'reveal' by their comments. There will be hundreds of other reasons. I was saying what the "main" reasons undoubtedly are, I was not (and am not) ignoring anything.

54 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

Top bloke have read some of his stuff on skyscraper city around developments in the City.

Clearly wants the best for the city and is steadfast in his belief.

Has every justification in believing in his opinion, Staveley’s silence is deafening and it’s a very good sign in my opinion.

Live and let live folks to many wannabe mods on here.

Let’s be honest over the last two years there has been posters who have been as relentless as manor park in their negativity over the takeover and got absolute dogs abuse. Didn’t see any one saying it was disappointing seeing the grief they got. It’s a strange thing that 

but I’m not here to argue. No one should be getting ‘grief’ we should be able to agree & disagree. It’s just became so tedious after 2 years. 
have a good day 

Guest reefatoon
8 minutes ago, gdm said:

also Hakka asks for people’s opinions and here comes Manorpark telling us all why we are wrong and telling Hakka just to ignore the opinions that differ from his. How can you not see how that would annoy people?

He just has a different opinion to you that's all. At the end of the day, your opinion might be miles off, his might be miles off, but what is certain is every fucker on here hasn't got a clue what is happening, whether it's dead or still alive we don't have a clue. People have their views and that's all fine. I really don't understand why folks get so wound up with his view. He believes it's still happening and is in it for the long haul. Good on him I say.

Other people are constantly saying it's totally dead/finished and have been banging that drum for eternity too, but it sits in your belief, so to them they are not "WUM's" or "bots", just Manorpark is because his thoughts sit differently to yours (and not just yours, also the other people that jump on him every time he posts). Some folks have the polar opposite view to him (which is also fucking tedious) but it's all ok and there isn't a need to call them WUMs, folks are allowed that.

Just respect someone has a different opinion, it's all good.

3 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

He just has a different opinion to you that's all. At the end of the day, your opinion might be miles off, his might be miles off, but what is certain is every fucker on here hasn't got a clue what is happening, whether it's dead or still alive we don't have a clue. People have their views and that's all fine. I really don't understand why folks get so wound up with his view. He believes it's still happening and is in it for the long haul. Good on him I say.

Other people are constantly saying it's totally dead/finished and have been banging that drum for eternity too, but it sits in your belief, so to them they are not "WUM's" or "bots", just Manorpark is because his thoughts sit differently to yours (and not just yours, also the other people that jump on him every time he posts). Some folks have the polar opposite view to him (which is also fucking tedious) but it's all ok and there isn't a need to call them WUMs, folks are allowed that.

Again not here here to argue but your last sentence is exactly what he wasn’t doing. He basically told Hakka to just ignore the negative opinions as they are wrong. That’s not respecting someone’s opinion. did you have this same energy when penn was getting dogs abuse? I’m not so sure but it’s all good ma man 

Edited by gdm

2 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

Probably the best post in the last 2000 pages of this thread :clap: 

24 minutes ago, gdm said:

He’s been contributing to this forum for over a decade like… let him be the mad bastard man FFS!

5 minutes ago, HTT II said:

He’s been contributing to this forum for over a decade like… let him be the mad bastard man FFS!

That’s fine. I honestly never paid much attention till his takeover posts. Can he respect other peoples opinions then :lol: 

anyway I’m not getting bogged down in more arguments as I said we are adults we should be able to respect opinions positive or negative coz that’s all it is opinions 

Edited by gdm

Naa. He became a parody of himself about 1000 posts ago and is now clearly on the wind up. Just some people are taking longer than others to see it.

I take if for what it is. Plenty of others do the same in other threads (and this one) It's generally harmless like but can get a bit annoying when all the news has gone to shit and he's doing his comical Ali impression and you just want to wallow in self pity and find others to be miserable with. [emoji38]

I do pray to see the day it goes through and he rides through the forums like a boss demanding people kiss his ring, but for me I doubt that will come. Ah well. Least we've got the Cronaldo show to look forward to. 

20 minutes ago, gdm said:

Again not here here to argue but your last sentence is exactly what he wasn’t doing. He basically told Hakka to just ignore the negative opinions as they are wrong. That’s not respecting someone’s opinion. did you have this same energy when penn was getting dogs abuse? I’m not so sure but it’s all good ma man 

Best thing for Hakka to do is to ignore this legion of unsubstantiated negativity, as I said, just like what is being (again) thrown enthusiatically at me !!

Both sides of the argument can get tedious and annoying, best thing to do is take a step back and put your phone down if it's affecting you that much. The reason he gets more leniency is because he's usually the one being attacked for his opinion. You're all entitled to your awful opinions, leave him to his.

43 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Naa. He became a parody of himself about 1000 posts ago and is now clearly on the wind up. Just some people are taking longer than others to see it.

I take if for what it is. Plenty of others do the same in other threads (and this one) It's generally harmless like but can get a bit annoying when all the news has gone to shit and he's doing his comical Ali impression and you just want to wallow in self pity and find others to be miserable with. [emoji38]

I do pray to see the day it goes through and he rides through the forums like a boss demanding people kiss his ring, but for me I doubt that will come. Ah well. Least we've got the Cronaldo show to look forward to. 

I have said it before, so here it is again. There is no point in being a "wind up merchant" so no matter how much you want me to become one - I will NOT do so.

I have also said before, so I will say it again, when the Takeover happens I will never say "I told you so", because I do not care about that !!!

All I care about is NUFC and our great City (and Region) that it represents.

Edited by manorpark

1 hour ago, manorpark said:

I have said it before, so here it is again. There is no point in being a "wind up merchant" so no matter how much you want me to become one - I will NOT do so.

I have also said before, so I will say it again, when the Takeover happens I will never say "I told you so", because I do not care about that !!!

All I care about is NUFC and our great City (and Region) that it represents.

If it isn't the Saudis then you have no right to say 'I told you so' anyway. No shit we will get taken over at some point.