PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

2 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Perfect afternoon for the Premier League brand. 

The match had the illusion of being competitive for a while, couple of goals for Ronaldo and all the national media can wank themselves silly all weekend.

Played our part to perfection today well done lads.

Exactly. 

It's no wonder people are so hellbent on a takeover, it's a total sliding doors moment. Spurs 5-1 in 2016 atmosphere most games with a manager like Rafa in the dugout who respects the club's traditions and appeals to the fans. Making ambitious investments into infrastructure and signings, creating a real sense of unity in the community and funding the women's, the academy teams too. The club of the north we could be.

But face the reality and we've got a so-called boyhood fan who dismisses the fans' negativity as being driven by the local media, someone who does not respect the club's foundations + is happy to settle. Taking "many positives" out of demolitions and almost single-handedly destroying that short sense of unity. Goes for the owner too

Edited by nbthree3

14 fucking years we waited for Ashley to sell this club and these bastards have happily kept us handcuffed in this miserable existence.

In what fucking world can anyone claim this is for the benefit of the club. 

A massive globally recognised sovereign wealth fund wants to invest and due to self interest we’re being denied a legitimate investment that would be welcomed in any other sector in this country.

It’s a fucking outrage and something I would expect in a corrupt 3rd world country.

Was just reading around Ipswich Town's takeover by the Arizona State Pension Fund earlier this year. Ipswich haven't started well but they've replaced 20 squad players with 19 incomers (lots of eyebrow-raisers among them), meanwhile the club has appointed various 'football people' in key strategic positions, and they've adopted a mantra which reflects the Arizona public servants whose jobs are crucial to the investment in the club. Hopefully it clicks for them on the pitch because it sounds like an ambitious project which has the bones of a seriois revival for a great club fallen. There's a good read in the Athletic about it. 

Came across this article featuring an image of said owners taking in a game at SJP presumably pre-pandemic. https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town/itfc-owners-on-running-towards-adversity-8145986

Just sightseeing I suppose.

:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, RS said:

Paper aeroplanes and whistles wasn’t the protest I had in mind to be honest. Not sure it will reflect the true feelings of the fans they’ve lost over the last decade and a half. 

Probably not but can’t really expect people to jeopardise careers and risk criminal records by organising pitch invasions online.

If anything like that happens it’ll be a moment that triggers it, I think apathy has set in but there could always be a breaking point.

The whistle idea has the potential to cause disruption, the only concern I have is that the thick fuckers at the match turn on people doing it. 

Get behind the lads whilst sitting in silence and I want to be back in the pub before closing time will be the main concern of most.

To be honest I’m totally fucked off with our support, can’t work out whether the majority are thick as pig shit and don’t realise what goes on beyond attending a match every fortnight, or whether the fan base is just shit now and the passion we we’re once famed for has just gone.

8 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

I think before like brexit I operated under this idea that if prominent people I.e politicians, fucked up, or were caught lying, that was it, they’d lose their jobs and be publicly disgraced.

Post brexit it’s been clear that nothing happens anymore, there are no consequences for anything. It may not be as nakedly corrupt as other countries but it’s basically the same. You can essentially do anything you want now. I mean I don’t want to get political in this thread but our PM has outwardly made racist comments, provable, he also facilitated an assault on a journalist, also with proof. And none of it matters, there are no consequences for actions anymore.  

If politicians fuck up you can guarantee they’d not lose their job.

If Barry from Byker runs on the pitch Friday night and plants the Saudi flag on the centre circle, he’ll have a 5 year banning order and probably lose his job at greggs.

11 hours ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Finally, someone trying to organise something.

Well done to that man. I’m not attending the match but I hope everyone who does gets behind whatever ideas he has to ruin the matches.

Fuck it. Might buy some whistles off Amazon and hand them out outside the ground.

It's more likely that anyone doing it will get berated off the absolutely weapons in attendance.

Right but at the same time we’re looking for the corruption to continue as it will benefit us by being taken over by a wealth fund of a disgusting regime that have no business being involved in football. There’s no way they should pass any legitimate “owners and directors” test. 

16 hours ago, Whitley mag said:

Whatever people think of this I’m just happy that some action seems to be getting planned, completely fucked off with this shambles.

There’s someone recommending using sports direct whistles further down the replies. Fucks sake man, they can’t see the wood for the trees. 

11 minutes ago, RS said:

There’s someone recommending using sports direct whistles further down the replies. Fucks sake man, they can’t see the wood for the trees. 

Needs those lads from Wor Flags to get involved with some banners especially for a TV game. Surely the trust could fund 40000 placards and still feed the city for a year with the money they’ve raised now. 

Of course all this will fall on deaf ears, but fucking hell we look like a spineless bunch of cunts as a fanbase at the minute.

Just do something anything fucks sake.

2 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Needs those lads from Wor Flags to get involved with some banners especially for a TV game. Surely the trust could fund 40000 placards and still feed the city for a year with the money they’ve raised now. 

Of course all this will fall on deaf ears, but fucking hell we look like a spineless bunch of cunts as a fanbase at the minute.

Just do something anything fucks sake.

They could fund that with the money just sitting in their bank account from membership fees.

Sadly, they’re still uninterested in doing anything other than having a title next to their name.

Can anyone tell me yet a single thing they’ve achieved since they made false promises when Rafa was leaving to increase their membership? They’ve had more votes on their popularity board than making anything else happen.

2 hours ago, Fantail Breeze said:

They could fund that with the money just sitting in their bank account from membership fees.

Sadly, they’re still uninterested in doing anything other than having a title next to their name.

Can anyone tell me yet a single thing they’ve achieved since they made false promises when Rafa was leaving to increase their membership? They’ve had more votes on their popularity board than making anything else happen.

They seem more interested in what's happening at Hearts than what's been happening at Newcastle these last few weeks. 

Any idea how much this will be costing in legal fees ? 

I would like to think Barnes and co would have the decency to say keep hold of your money if they we’re in serious negotiations with another bidder at this point.

Edited by Whitley mag