PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

21 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

The takeover was off before the season started. 

No idea how purchasing a ST would have any substance in taking the PL to court. You can’t buy something because you think something will happen, then put a civil case in when it doesn’t.

The PL’s defence would be simple, surely? Supporter A made a decision to purchase a ticket based on no official news and due to rumours in the media. That’s his/her own stupid fault.

It was off before last season started.

On 17/09/2021 at 16:12, Danh1 said:

In all seriousness mind, it says a lot about how fucked this club is when we are looking back fondly at Derek cunting Llambias. :lol: 

Llambias at least had some resemblance of an actual business man head who could see an opportunity when it was being waved in his face, and would just do it. Rather him than Charnley who hasn't a clue, takes three weeks to ask permission from Barnes to speak to Ashley, then forgets to turn up to the meeting....on Teams

Part of the issue with protests is that the cunt we’re protesting against has been here so bastard long. I mean, there will be kids born when he took over that won’t be long taking their GCSEs…not that I think we shouldn’t try in some way, but a lot has been tried and he endures. It’s incredibly hard. Fucking hate the man.

26 minutes ago, alijmitchell said:

Part of the issue with protests is that the cunt we’re protesting against has been here so bastard long. I mean, there will be kids born when he took over that won’t be long taking their GCSEs…not that I think we shouldn’t try in some way, but a lot has been tried and he endures. It’s incredibly hard. Fucking hate the man.

Disagree with this, the one thing that would almost guarantee to work and would take no effort would be not going to games, however we have 50k there every week.

It’s been done in a very piecemeal fashion. Problem is there’s always a new group thinking they are the first to have an idea - not learn from what hasn’t worked and not recognise what has. Protest doesn’t work is too broad a stroke. Relying on paying ST holders to engage with it and relying on others to behave how you want definitely doesn’t 

Slagging off other supporters for what you think they may or may not want achieves nothing, we need to be better than that.

There doesn’t seem to be a thirst for protest at all within the majority of our supporters.

For the rest of us who think we know better, well there’s fuck all of us really, so are we real supporters? If there’s that few of us left and 95% of the clubs support are just there for a day out and to bring the kids out, what exactly are we fighting for?

A notion of the club that doesn’t exist?

Do we even deserve a takeover?

It is a sad reality, but if nobody turned up for just one game, especially if it was televised game, the impact would be huge. A massive talking point. After over a decade of Ashley,  2 relegations and a few recent years of horrible 30% possession Bruce ball, we still have 50k turning up. I have no idea how you reach out to all those people to get them all to see the bigger picture and the power they have. 

The reality is many of our fans don't actually think Ashley is all bad. Recall bumping in to a fan on holiday in Turkey a few years ago. I went straight in to anti Ashley comments and all I got back was "yeah but he runs the club's finances very well". I was gobsmacked. Some have fallen for the narrative the club has been saying.

50 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Disagree with this, the one thing that would almost guarantee to work and would take no effort would be not going to games, however we have 50k there every week.

To be clear, I don’t advocate going to games, which is why I personally don’t attend. What I was trying to get across is that 14 years is a long long time and people have obviously become tired, embittered and lost because he’s still here. I don’t think I’m really getting my point across properly though. Fundamentally, I agree with you, walking away is the only real option, but clearly some won’t.

9 minutes ago, hakka said:

It is a sad reality, but if nobody turned up for just one game, especially if it was televised game, the impact would be huge. A massive talking point. After over a decade of Ashley,  2 relegations and a few recent years of horrible 30% possession Bruce ball, we still have 50k turning up. I have no idea how you reach out to all those people to get them all to see the bigger picture and the power they have. 

The reality is many of our fans don't actually think Ashley is all bad. Recall bumping in to a fan on holiday in Turkey a few years ago. I went straight in to anti Ashley comments and all I got back was "yeah but he runs the club's finances very well". I was gobsmacked. Some have fallen for the narrative the club has been saying.

I think that’s the point one trying to make. I would still try protest, but I accept the reality that loads won’t, and we’re all ultimately tired of 14 years of the same shite. 

41 minutes ago, hakka said:

Unfortunately the hard-core support has gone. What you're left with is small pockets of people who do care, but there too few of them now to make a difference. What the ground is full of these days us families who all go to the match as a full day out. Into town for 12. All go for a happy meal at macdonalds, then up to the club store to buy a scarf and a programme. Next it's into the ground to watch the team warm up and if possible, get some pitch side pictures right next to the Newcastle players, or if you're lucky, the Man City/Chelsea/Liverpool players. Then they sit with their crisps and pop and take in the game. Not 1 of them giving a shit about off field events.

Then you have your groups of lads, they all sort if like football, all sort of support Newcastle and all have season tickets, who just go for pints before and after the game and once again don't care about off fields events. Probably completely unaware of them.

There are many other examples of these types of fans.

Nufc.com summed it up perfectly.

Screenshot-20210918-110613-Chrome.jpg

Edited by Scoot

1 hour ago, Scoot said:

Unfortunately the hard-core support has gone. What you're left with is small pockets of people who do care, but there too few of them now to make a difference. What the ground is full of these days us families who all go to the match as a full day out. Into town for 12. All go for a happy meal at macdonalds, then up to the club store to buy a scarf and a programme. Next it's into the ground to watch the team warm up and if possible, get some pitch side pictures right next to the Newcastle players, or if you're lucky, the Man City/Chelsea/Liverpool players. Then they sit with their crisps and pop and take in the game. Not 1 of them giving a shit about off field events.

Then you have your groups of lads, they all sort if like football, all sort of support Newcastle and all have season tickets, who just go for pints before and after the game and once again don't care about off fields events. Probably completely unaware of them.

There are many other examples of these types of fans.

Nufc.com summed it up perfectly.

Screenshot-20210918-110613-Chrome.jpg

I get what you’re saying and don’t disagree. But with this so called ‘hard core support’ that have stopped attending games, where are they?

As shown by Oldham fans yesterday and Man Utd previously, you don’t need to attend the match to effectively protest.

There’s just excuse after excuse after excuse. 

The problem is those in a position to organise something (not just NUST but the likes of TrueFaith, .com, Wraith etc.) who have a wide audience to promote to, are too busy with their own self-promotion.

Literally all it would take is those lot to sit down together and agree on something. It could be absolutely perfectly peaceful, but just organise something.

Any individual trying to organise something on their own will just not have the pulling power. 

12 minutes ago, gdm said:

At this point I don’t even know who we are protesting against? Is it Ashley? Is it Bruce out? Is it the Premier league? All 3??

Again this causes an issue.

Being split with so many problems, increases the amount of people who:

“don’t mind Bruce, he’s doing a decent job with the restrictions”.

Or, “Ashley manages the finances well”.

Or, “What can the PL do, PIF are to blame too.”

You’ll then lose traction with a % if you’re not protesting against the right person/people.

The idea would be to have three simultaneous protests which then meet up into one. That way people could join whichever one they wish, providing you can ensure a decent starting point for each one.

Edited by Fantail Breeze

I’d say there is definitely a split of people that think Ashley is trying to sell the PL stopped it and it’s now tangled up in the courts and other people wanting him just to lower price and sell to someone else 

Edited by gdm

The sentence below the highlighted one on .com from the post just above is also a huge issue; Newcastle fans never have had the appetite for boycotting or mass protest. It's never been there. The history is there to prove it. Anyone wishing/willing for protest or heckling people for not is willing for something which just won't happen with Newcastle fans and never has done, so part of me is wondering why people get wound up about it tbh. Our supporters have always been like this, it'll take shit results and league position, more than likely outside the PL, for attendances to drop. Organised protests, more often than not for our fans they've almost always gone down like wet farts.

Ashley will only react to what happens on the pitch when PL status is on the brink. He decided against it last year and that “gamble” worked for him. If he gets rid of Bruce, it’s because Bruce pissed him off and he’ll make it personal. 

He’s only leaving when he finds his unicorn buyer, which he did. And the league stopped it. 

The shaming of match going fans who want to a day out, take their kids, take their old dad or a mate in town to the match needs to stop. It’s such a poor way of attacking people. There’s no need for it.