PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

5 minutes ago, mrmojorisin75 said:

It's a meeting to decide if the case goes ahead or if the PL are successful in having it chucked out, as I understand it.

Yes. They are trying to get it thrown out on a technicality that CAT don’t have the jurisdiction to rule against them because the other arbitration case covers essentially the same thing.

However what Mike Ashley is also claiming in the CAT case is £££, the arbitration doesn’t cover damages so i can’t see how the PL win this.

If it does get thrown out I’ll see it that our case is frivolous at best and wouldn’t have had a chance of winning (hence why court wouldn’t waste their time with it) which would also indicate the arbitration will go that way too.

If we do win this round it will be significant. It means the court think we have a case and the reality of the PL having to pass the takeover AND pay out damages is quite possible.

That’s when they shit the bed and settle imho.

8 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

Yes. They are trying to get it thrown out on a technicality that CAT don’t have the jurisdiction to rule against them because the other arbitration case covers essentially the same thing.

However what Mike Ashley is also claiming in the CAT case is £££, the arbitration doesn’t cover damages so i can’t see how the PL win this.

If it does get thrown out I’ll see it that our case is frivolous at best and wouldn’t have had a chance of winning (hence why court wouldn’t waste their time with it) which would also indicate the arbitration will go that way too.

If we do win this round it will be significant. It means the court think we have a case and the reality of the PL having to pass the takeover AND pay out damages is quite possible.

That’s when they shit the bed and settle imho.

Not true at all.

If we win the jurisdiction argument, the court are agreeing they have jurisdiction to hear the case. The court aren’t making any determination on the strength of the case.

The only outcome that will be good news is the jurisdiction challenge is refused and an appeal isn’t possible, with a full CAT hearing scheduled for the next six months.

This would force the PL into a corner they don’t want to be in, with arbitration and a confirmed CAT case pending in the near future.

All of which occurring is extremely unlikely imo.

The jurisdiction will go in our favour (again imo), but unfortunately there will be plenty of opportunity for the PL to kick the can down the road. Either an appeal being lodged or the main hearing being scheduled too far in the future. That’ll ultimately mean the takeover never goes through.

Although Ashley will be telling us to #wait for the foreseeable.

It's also not necessarily a binary issue of either being dismissed or moving forward--it could also be stayed pending the arbitration. That could occur if the CAT determines the arbitration is the appropriate venue for certain factual or legal determinations but the CAT also retains jurisdiction with respect to other factual and legal matters (e.g., issues of competition law and monetary damage not at play in the arbitration). This would effectively pause the CAT proceeding until the arbitration is complete, with the CAT case picking up afterward, unless the result of the arbitration makes the CAT case moot.  

1 hour ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Not true at all.

If we win the jurisdiction argument, the court are agreeing they have jurisdiction to hear the case. The court aren’t making any determination on the strength of the case.

Well if it proceeds than obviously we do have a case worthy of being heard at that level.

What you’re not acknowledging is that at least some or perhaps all of the evidence will be heard in the public domain, or at the very least will be published in findings, which is something the PL will want to avoid at all cost.

3 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

Well if it proceeds than obviously we do have a case worthy of being heard at that level.

What you’re not acknowledging is that at least some or perhaps all of the evidence will be heard in the public domain, or at the very least will be published in findings, which is something the PL will want to avoid at all cost.

Wrong. As I’ve already explained.

The second part is true, but as I’ve already reflected, the PL will do everything in their power to delay, delay, delay. If it even gets that far. 

https://www.90min.com/posts/newcastle-news-mike-ashley-confident-takeover-2022

The Saudi PIF do have interest in other clubs, with Inter being one of those to have come to their attention. The Milan club look to be available with their current Chinese owners moving away from football - despite the Nerazzurri claiming the Scudetto last season.

However, it is understood that this does not affect PIF's interest in Newcastle.

90min revealed last year that the sovereign wealth fund was keen to look towards the models adopted by a host of ownership groups around the world, such as City Group and Red Bull, who have a number of teams from different countries working under one umbrella organisation.

Edwards retweeted it hence me finding it, confidence is meaningless but anyone who wants to hear it, here you go 

20 minutes ago, Ashley17 said:

There was a time a fair while ago when Bailey had a few Ashley exclusives. He used to write for someone more prominent but was presumably binned for a reason

He is / was mates with McClaren and Carr. 

As someone from that part of the world, I just do not see this happening purely for the "save face" culture in Saudi Arabia. You say no to us and in spite we'll go for something bigger, better and shinier - we can afford it. This is normal there. When you see the likes of Qatar buying PSG, I wonder what Newcastle United offers that another similar club in the major leagues of this continent doesn't in terms of PR.

I think all these court cases would at very best lead to some compensations and I hope i'm really wrong and something more comes of it.

PIF having nothing to do with MBS is just about as Man City having nothing to do with the UAE royal family and those guys haven't been reported to chop a journalist to pieces either.

I would love to be proven wrong because there is no way this club is going to be lucky to come straight back after a third relegation.

Edited by Amir_9

6 hours ago, nbthree3 said:

The Saudi PIF do have interest in other clubs, with Inter being one of those to have come to their attention. The Milan club look to be available with their current Chinese owners moving away from football - despite the Nerazzurri claiming the Scudetto last season.

However, it is understood that this does not affect PIF's interest in Newcastle.

90min revealed last year that the sovereign wealth fund was keen to look towards the models adopted by a host of ownership groups around the world, such as City Group and Red Bull, who have a number of teams from different countries working under one umbrella organisation.

Edwards retweeted it hence me finding it, confidence is meaningless but anyone who wants to hear it, here you go 

Loves a bit of negativity trumpeting does Luke, no matter the NUFC subject

5 hours ago, Amir_9 said:

As someone from that part of the world, I just do not see this happening purely for the "save face" culture in Saudi Arabia. You say no to us and in spite we'll go for something bigger, better and shinier - we can afford it. This is normal there. When you see the likes of Qatar buying PSG, I wonder what Newcastle United offers that another similar club in the major leagues of this continent doesn't in terms of PR.

I think all these court cases would at very best lead to some compensations and I hope i'm really wrong and something more comes of it.

PIF having nothing to do with MBS is just about as Man City having nothing to do with the UAE royal family and those guys haven't been reported to chop a journalist to pieces either.

I would love to be proven wrong because there is no way this club is going to be lucky to come straight back after a third relegation.

The only reason PIF are still wavering is that they want to be on the Premier League gravy train and we offer that only chance; as if this fails then they won’t be able to buy another English club for years, if ever.

The other leagues do not offer the same viewing figures or finances (most are struggling badly also), so I cannot see PIF switching their attention to other leagues until the arbitration (especially) and CAT cases play out. 

Just got to see the cases play out and even then there is no end date coming in the very near future for these either. Best just to switch off in the meantime as we can do fuck all else about it.

8 hours ago, nbthree3 said:

This. Unless it's Richard Masters or anyone else from the PL saying they are confident that the deal will go through or can be negotiated to let it pass, I don't have any confidence in anyone else's confidence.

7 hours ago, Amir_9 said:

The PL offers the biggest TV income and exposure for a football club in the world.

NUFC is the biggest club available in said league for a decent price, the potential to grow the brand and therefore profit is sizeable.

That’s why they want us and will ultimately succeed in doing so.

Think that “decent price” had nothing to do with it. It was Saudi Arabia after all. 

All points to a flogging a dead horse now anyway. Let’s hope Ashley gets his compensation and flogs us cheap.