PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

If anyone wants a laugh. Keith's at it again 

All the replies to this conversation. I found Yousef to be quite grounded in his views based on public information, the CAT website. Matches up perfectly with what I understand - and what anyone looking at those documents could conclude.

Keith by comparison is based on relative fantasy in this case, "failed to get thrown out" (the made private bit the club did refer in their statement so I'll hold on that one - " It is currently attempting to prevent the competition courts considering a claim by the Club’s sellers from taking place in public, arguing that too should be held in confidential arbitration.") 

The highlight of the replies for me. Not a slander at Keith though, the work he's done in the background setting up the CAT case is very admirable. But now it's the court's time to carry out the process in their own time 

8 minutes ago, thomas said:

B-More running interference for Big EPL, hoping to trouser some of those millions in QC fees he's been hearing about.

Develop argument that B. Jacobs and sources fail to appreciate nuance of arbitration issues. 0.3 hr. £1000

3 minutes ago, B-more Mag said:

Develop argument that B. Jacobs and sources fail to appreciate nuance of arbitration issues. 0.3 hr. £1000

:lol: tbf there was a 2006 report (so assuming shit's gotten even more expensive than then) saying top QCs can pull £5000/hr. If De Marco's whole team adds up to that it's still only 200 hours. Doubt it's into 8 figures but it's been going on long enough to have hit the -illions territory imo.

40 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

If anyone wants a laugh. Keith's at it again 

All the replies to this conversation. I found Yousef to be quite grounded in his views based on public information, the CAT website. Matches up perfectly with what I understand - and what anyone looking at those documents could conclude.

Keith by comparison is based on relative fantasy in this case, "failed to get thrown out" (the made private bit the club did refer in their statement so I'll hold on that one - " It is currently attempting to prevent the competition courts considering a claim by the Club’s sellers from taking place in public, arguing that too should be held in confidential arbitration.") 

The highlight of the replies for me. Not a slander at Keith though, the work he's done in the background setting up the CAT case is very admirable. But now it's the court's time to carry out the process in their own time 

Can't help himself, can he? 

23 minutes ago, thomas said:

:lol: tbf there was a 2006 report (so assuming shit's gotten even more expensive than then) saying top QCs can pull £5000/hr. If De Marco's whole team adds up to that it's still only 200 hours. Doubt it's into 8 figures but it's been going on long enough to have hit the -illions territory imo.

Fuck. Not even charging enough in my shitposting. :lol:

From not606..

Sheikh_of_ArabyWell-Known Member

Albert's Chip Shop said: ↑

what’s he said?

"He has said that the PL are unable to prove that KSA controls PIF because of the complexity and levels of separation.

He has effectively conceded that PIF are separate, that NUFC will win arbitration and that under PL rules, the takeover will happen."

Dunno about that like but [emoji38]

Edited by ToonArmy1892

9 minutes ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

From not606..

Albert's Chip Shop said: ↑

what’s he said?

"He has said that the PL are unable to prove that KSA controls PIF because of the complexity and levels of separation.

He has effectively conceded that PIF are separate, that NUFC will win arbitration and that under PL rules, the takeover will happen."

Dunno about that like but [emoji38]

He talking about Ben Jacobs there? 

18 minutes ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

Yes

Why does Jacobs get so much credence by a good few on here? The bloke is banned by the BBC and told lies in the last takeover, which caused the Chronicle to pull a podcast within 24 hours. Just wait for the cases (arbitration first) to conclude, everything else either positive or negative is just noise, by people desperate to feel important.

Edited by et tu brute

9 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Why does Jacobs get so much credence by a good few on here? The bloke is banned by the BBC and told lies in the last takeover, which caused the Chronicle to pull a podcast within 24 hours. Just wait for the cases (arbitration first) to conclude, everything else either positive or negative is just noise, by people desperate to feel important.

I don't really know, but apparently he has a source at the PL, and he has all of a sudden changed his tune.

Arbitration is a process to settle a dispute. It is ADR and a step further than mediation. Both parties are encouraged to settle prior to the final hearing.

The mistake that people make is believing that it is a court case. It's not. While decisions are legally binding, it is informal. There is no cross examination of witnesses. Both sides present their argument and evidence. The arbitrators then make a decision.

As there is only one issue to decide - separation, it will last no longer than 2-3 days. How do I know? I have acted in Tribunals. Unless complex they are short

Keith got absolutely schooled in those tweets. I do believe he has done a lot of good work for helping this takeover and putting pressure on the PL but my god, he needs to stop acting like an absolute cunt and making out he is the be all and end all of twitter. The audacity to tell someone they know nothing when he knows nothing about them is really shitty. 

He's a grown man ffs, yet acts like a spoiled 13 year old. 

Just watched the bit of the Ben Jacobs thing and his comments were taken out of context. 

he basically says all the interviews and rallying cry for transparency suggests they aren’t as confident on the key point of separation and if they prove that they are seperate it would go thru. 

He’s basically saying if they win arbitration the takeover will go thru which is what we assume ourselves but he’s also saying he doesn’t think the consortium are all that confident as they make out to be on the point of separation.

Amazing how they’ve missed out the first part of the conversation to make it seem ultra positive when really it’s not

20 mins in listen for yourself 

https://youtu.be/lktNumnKUFE