PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

1 hour ago, gdm said:

Just watched the bit of the Ben Jacobs thing and his comments were taken out of context. 

he basically says all the interviews and rallying cry for transparency suggests they aren’t as confident on the key point of separation and if they prove that they are seperate it would go thru. 

He’s basically saying if they win arbitration the takeover will go thru which is what we assume ourselves but he’s also saying he doesn’t think the consortium are all that confident as they make out to be on the point of separation.

Amazing how they’ve missed out the first part of the conversation to make it seem ultra positive when really it’s not

20 mins in listen for yourself 

https://youtu.be/lktNumnKUFE

Hi Ben!

2 minutes ago, Scoot said:
1 hour ago, gdm said:

Just watched the bit of the Ben Jacobs thing and his comments were taken out of context. 

he basically says all the interviews and rallying cry for transparency suggests they aren’t as confident on the key point of separation and if they prove that they are seperate it would go thru. 

He’s basically saying if they win arbitration the takeover will go thru which is what we assume ourselves but he’s also saying he doesn’t think the consortium are all that confident as they make out to be on the point of separation.

Amazing how they’ve missed out the first part of the conversation to make it seem ultra positive when really it’s not

20 mins in listen for yourself 

https://youtu.be/lktNumnKUFE

I listened to the entire thing yesterday and he's neither here nor there. He sits comfortably on the fence so he's neither right or wrong when the decision is finally made.

The comments aren't really out of context though, it's not as if they've been manipulated. He just ends most positive comments with a negative caveat and vice versa.

10 minutes ago, Scoot said:

Hi Ben!

Grow up. I’m just reacting to what I listened to unlike some jumping the gun and misrepresenting what he actually said 

5 minutes ago, Rocker said:

I listened to the entire thing yesterday and he's neither here nor there. He sits comfortably on the fence so he's neither right or wrong when the decision is finally made.

The comments aren't really out of context though, it's not as if they've been manipulated. He just ends most positive comments with a negative caveat and vice versa.

I’d say missing out the first part to make it sound like he thinks it will go thru is taken out of context. He basically says it’ll go thru IF they win on the sticking point of separation and in his opinion all the noise recently suggests they aren’t as confident of doing that. That’s completely been ignored 

8 minutes ago, gdm said:

I’d say missing out the first part to make it sound like he thinks it will go thru is taken out of context. He basically says it’ll go thru IF they win on the sticking point of separation and in his opinion all the noise recently suggests they aren’t as confident of doing that. That’s completely been ignored 

Did you listen to the entire thing? He flip flops throughout. Towards the end of his piece about the takeover (about an hour in) he twice says the consortium are right to be confident due to the O&D being too vague to factor in the Saudi state and what that entails.

1 minute ago, Rocker said:

Did you listen to the entire thing? He flip flops throughout. Towards the end of his piece about the takeover (about an hour in) he twice says the consortium are right to be confident due to the O&D being too vague to factor in the Saudi state and what that entails.

I haven’t mate. Didn’t have time before work. Aye I’m not defending Jacobs just that one point annoyed me coz when u fully listen to that full part he’s not confident at all. 

Hope arbitration starts soon 

1 hour ago, gdm said:

I haven’t mate. Didn’t have time before work. Aye I’m not defending Jacobs just that one point annoyed me coz when u fully listen to that full part he’s not confident at all. 

Hope arbitration starts soon 

So you haven’t fully listened, just fully listened to the full part?  

2 minutes ago, RS said:

So you haven’t fully listened, just fully listened to the full part?  

I listened to the part everyone was going crazy about. I’ve no real interest in listening to Ben Jacobs to be honest. Much like wraith & Keith it’s just noise. 
I gave the section people were getting excited about a listen and as I thought it was nothing really to get excited about 

Edited by gdm

1 minute ago, gdm said:

I listened to the part everyone was going crazy about. 

So you fully listened to full part of the crazy part but not the full thing. Got you

4 minutes ago, gdm said:

I listened to the part everyone was going crazy about. I’ve no real interest in listening to Ben Jacobs to be honest. Much like wraith & Keith it’s just noise. 
I gave the section people were getting excited about a listen and as I thought it was nothing really to get excited about 

It is nothing to get excited about, it's one mans (unqualified) interpretation. A man who just happens to have increased his exposure the more he talks about the takeover.

Just now, RS said:

So you fully listened to full part of the crazy part but not the full thing. Got you

Don’t really know what to tell you mate. Why should I listen to the full thing? Is there big revelations later on or is it as @Rockersays and he flip flops about on wether he’s positive or not. 

As I said no real interest in Jacobs etc but I had a little time before I started work and thought I’d listen to the bit that was quoted and straight away they missed out the first part which changes the whole quote completely. 

I’ll possibly listen to the rest later after work 

1 hour ago, Shearergol said:

Keith's twitter writing style is "very" similar to a couple of posters on here. Hi Keith :morph:

Funny you say that. Because the few suspects in here will point out that their writing stylrs are different to that of Keith when people start saying they are actually Keith.

I mean, if it is you Keith, why need to disguise right? You already got fans and haters on Twitter. No differrent in here. So aye. Hi Keith. :morph:

3 hours ago, Rocker said:

Some people jumping the gun and misrepresenting what he actually said, like gdm/ben, who didn't even listen to it all.[emoji38] 

Edited by Scoot

18 minutes ago, Scoot said:

Some people jumping the gun and misrepresenting what he actually said, like gdm/ben, who didn't even listen to it all.[emoji38] 

How have I misrepresented what he said? I was highlighting other people misrepresenting one particular bit of the podcast. As a whole I really couldn’t give a shit wether Jacobs was positive or negative in general over the whole part. All I was doing was as I said highlighting that people were getting excited over a specific part when that part was completely misrepresented by the fact 6 or 7 words were deliberately missed out. 

let me be clear coz you just aren’t getting it. I’ve never commented on the podcast as a whole only one specific part. So why u judging my post like I was commenting about the whole thing when I made it clear I hadn’t watched it all.

it anything I wasn’t having a go at Jacobs or the podcast more whoever did the picture of the notes making it sound overwhelmingly positive which it’s not. Thought I’d made it pretty clear like 

Also stop being weird and putting everyone in this bizzare positive v negative battles or Keith v Ben Jacobs battles. 

Edited by gdm

I've never felt this thing would hinge on government intervention tbh.

'Our' side are just trying to apply pressure with stuff like the TV appearances from Staveley and whipping-up activism on the terraces, including MPs and what-have-you. It's potentially helpful but not critical; the ultimate test will always be whether or not they can prove/disprove whatever fundamental point the PL have issues with. 

It's a bit like the ESL, in that, yes - the government made comments and the public were whipped into a frenzy, but those aren't the reasons why we got the outcome we did. We got the outcome we did because of a fundamental flaw in the planning and delivery of the ESL. 

It's the same here. Whether or not our takeover happens will hinge on the legal battles being fought and won. No amount of extremal pressure will force victory if our arguments aren't strong enough. 

3 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

I've never felt this thing would hinge on government intervention tbh.

'Our' side are just trying to apply pressure with stuff like the TV appearances from Staveley and whipping-up activism on the terraces, including MPs and what-have-you. It's potentially helpful but not critical; the ultimate test will always be whether or not they can prove/disprove whatever fundamental point the PL have issues with. 

It's a bit like the ESL, in that, yes - the government made comments and the public were whipped into a frenzy, but those aren't the reasons why we got the outcome we did. We got the outcome we did because of a fundamental flaw in the planning and delivery of the ESL. 

It's the same here. Whether or not our takeover happens will hinge on the legal battles being fought and won. No amount of extremal pressure will force victory if our arguments aren't strong enough. 

I completely disagree with that. They backed out once the government warned them of the legislation that they would be hit with. And they knew that the government were not bluffing either.

As has been pointed out, the government simply do not care enough about the North East to intervene, and risk the wrath of the national media for allowing those nasty Saudis into the game.

The government were never going to intervene in a process outlined by a private entity. The super league intervention was a quick win for them politically, so of course they were going to jump all over it. Not to mention of course the wider implications to the sport in this country and the anti competitive nature to the proposal. But this is one club. The process, especially if influenced by other stakeholders, could well be anti competitive, and if so that'll be determine in court. That's not to say the govt couldn't and haven't applied some soft pressure by outlining their interpretations of the relationship between PIF and KSA, but they're not able to say 'you must do this'. It's not the law. 

Guest HTT II

They are not going to intervene, but they are fully in support of the Saudis I know that much, but can’t be seen to be advocating or getting involved, in public anyway.