PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

8 minutes ago, Dancing Brave said:

I'm clueless about all this legal stuff tbh.

Can I ask one question. 

If we go down to the championship could Ashley then sell the club without the premier league approval ? 

Technically yes, however the rules will more than likely be aligned and the EFL will be of the same stance.

12 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

Also, the High Court judgment makes it clear that the arbitration only relates to whether the definitions of 'control' and 'director' in section A of the PL's rules would apply to the KSA. The section F O&D test itself, and therefore claims of the KSA being involved in piracy, is not relevant to the arbitration.

They don't even know who owns Palace.

32 minutes ago, Minhosa said:

In summary, he essentially said its up to the buyers to prove they are suitable to 'join the PL Club'.

And that's the most telling comment of all isn't it? It's a footballing version of the Groucho.

“There’s a club in the North, son, and you’re not part of it.”

Dave Whelan to Mike Ashley

Here's a question for you - what if PIF simply bought MASH holdings or whatever was needed? Including the wider businesses.

Edited by Pons Alias

I'm not sure why people bother with TS. Their model is to sucker folk into calling the station, so they'll always have a provocateur on. If you had Jermaine Jeans or Jamie Redknapp sat there, no one would give a fuck

13 minutes ago, Pons Alias said:

And that's the most telling comment of all isn't it? It's a footballing version of the Groucho.

“There’s a club in the North, son, and you’re not part of it.”

Dave Whelan to Mike Ashley

Here's a question for you - what if PIF simply bought MASH holdings or whatever was needed? Including the wider businesses.

It would be the same issue, the PL's position would be that the KSA would control the club via control of PIF and PIF's control of MASH holdings and St James Holdings Ltd.

Edited by Jackie Broon

6 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

It would be the same issue, the PL's position would be that the KSA would control the club via control of PIF and PIF's control of MASH holdings and St James Holdings Ltd.

But if PIF bought a sports retail business, which happened to own NUFC, with all the ramifications for UK high street trade, it would massively complicate the PLs objections.

9 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Here's my rap, and I'll be blunt,
My name is Luke, and I'm a cunt,
When this takeover fails, I'll be delighted,
And my son will still love Womanchester United.

5 hours ago, GWN said:

The trouble with our fan base now is 100% we will wave a few flags and sing the odd nasty song, then sit down and sing" we'll support you ever more"

There will be no break in ,no pitch invasion, no violent acts,nothing against the law, why? They don't want to lose their season tickets 

And the fan base is now part of the problem,  happy to suck it up cos "nee one tells me I can't gan to the match" attitude .

No it's not the fans fault,none of this is, or is it? 

45k plus will rock up v West Ham in their shiny new tops and sit muted .

There will be no rage,  you just know it .

That's because the type of people who would protest stopped going to games about 10 years ago. You are now left with the sheep who are just happy to be in the ground and say they went to the match. 

That said, with the ground being only around 45k full, there's enough space for casual fans to turn up and start kicking off. Only problem would be getting them all in one place. In the past the Evening Chronicle was part of the rallying call. Now it would be down to arranging stuff via social media.