PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

1 minute ago, Wandy said:

Below is from The Athletic....

"Could the CAT break the logjam?

In theory, yes.

In practice, nobody knows because sports disputes very rarely end up in CATs. This partly explains why the judge has given the league two extensions to gather evidence for its request to have the case thrown out because the tribunal does not have the jurisdiction for disputes such as this.

We await the judge’s ruling on this matter but if anyone thinks this tribunal is a shortcut to a takeover, they could be in for a further disappointment. As of today, there is only one hearing scheduled in July before a summer break. The next set of dates for case management conferences are in October and the three cases in question started in 2018.

There are 105 active cases on the tribunal’s diary list — only one is newer than Newcastle’s.

What does this mean for Newcastle on the field in 2021-22?

In all likelihood that Ashley will remain owner for the vast majority of the season. At least."

104th in a list of 105 cases.  This will take years to resolve and the Saudis simply won't wait that long. It's over.

Agreed but they still haven't walked just yet.

My hope is MA finds a buyer who is willing to get this deal done quickly and in a matter of months we are sold to someone. If not that, then a step down divestment if his holding where someone comes in and uses their equity to build upon this club and eventually buy MA out. 

I wish the PIF backed deal would have been approved ages ago because we’d be talking about European contention by now. But the league have no interest in allowing Newcastle United become a powerhouse with the arguably the deepest pockets in football. 

Edited by Kanji

It's the only way the cunt will be off, but all this legal wrangling suggests that both sides involved in the deal are tied to one another for the long term/until these fucking court cases are over.

3 minutes ago, Kanji said:

But the league have no interest in allowing Newcastle United become a powerhouse with the arguably the deepest pockets in football. 

Yes. And for that reason I don't know how any longstanding NUFC fan can continue to follow the game after this.

Just now, ManDoon said:

Same here, I think thats the only realistic way now.

Am surprised he hasn’t done that already to be honest. He could even be the lender and issue an interest via line of credit or something and still be less exposed to Nufc and make money. 

Few wealthy groups or individuals clubbing together to be the GP with a plan to eventually buy mike out themselves or seek other partners to do so. 

Yes. And for that reason I don't know how any longstanding NUFC fan can continue to follow the game after this.

I’ll downgrade my following of the club to casual at best. I have no real interest in the premier league I’m afraid. Shame the euros brought back a genuine love of the game I haven’t had since Rafa was here. 

It's fucking enraging the way the supporters and the people of Newcastle have been jerked around throughout this. Hopes built up, then dashed. No one putting them first and giving a straight story. Fuck it all. 

I'm not putting another penny into football when/if this takeover falls through. Ashley hasn't had a penny out of me since Rafa left and I haven't had sky or bt for ages. I'm already 99 percent out. Just need that final push. Won't even watch the world Cup. I need to wash my hands with the whole lot

2 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Am surprised he hasn’t done that already to be honest. He could even be the lender and issue an interest via line of credit or something and still be less exposed to Nufc and make money. 

Few wealthy groups or individuals clubbing together to be the GP with a plan to eventually buy mike out themselves or seek other partners to do so. 

So much progress could potentially have been made on another path by now.

I think we're stuck in purgatory for the foreseeable, Ashley doesn't back down, he known for "parking the tanks" until he gets his way. It either plays out or it'll take something like the CAT judge refusing to throw the case out for the PL to fold. Like a staring contest between two snakes, no one wins here, least of all us.

1 minute ago, Bishops Finger said:

I'm not putting another penny into football when/if this takeover falls through. Ashley hasn't had a penny out of me since Rafa left and I haven't had sky or bt for ages. I'm already 99 percent out. Just need that final push. Won't even watch the world Cup. I need to wash my hands with the whole lot

Likewise. I'm hanging around here for a few weeks more in the faintest of hopes that a deal is done before the summer window closes. Not going to happen of course, but may as well hang on for a few weeks more.

If the CAT gets the green light I will check the thread updates in page 1 from time to time for any developments. But really, there is nothing to discuss on this topic anymore. The only thing either of the two threads on here will be good for will be Twitter ITK bullshit.

2 minutes ago, Mattoon said:

I think we're stuck in purgatory for the foreseeable, Ashley doesn't back down, he known for "parking the tanks" until he gets his way. It either plays out or it'll take something like the CAT judge refusing to throw the case out for the PL to fold. Like a staring contest between two snakes, no one wins here, least of all us.

Even if it goes ahead, the PL will not fold until right at the death. Which could be years away. The Saudis will not wait that long, we just are not that important. They will move on to the Italian league.

8 minutes ago, Mattoon said:

We literally would be better for them to pull out fully than have this ongoing for another few years.

28 minutes ago, Wandy said:

Below is from The Athletic....

"Could the CAT break the logjam?

In theory, yes.

In practice, nobody knows because sports disputes very rarely end up in CATs. This partly explains why the judge has given the league two extensions to gather evidence for its request to have the case thrown out because the tribunal does not have the jurisdiction for disputes such as this.

We await the judge’s ruling on this matter but if anyone thinks this tribunal is a shortcut to a takeover, they could be in for a further disappointment. As of today, there is only one hearing scheduled in July before a summer break. The next set of dates for case management conferences are in October and the three cases in question started in 2018.

There are 105 active cases on the tribunal’s diary list — only one is newer than Newcastle’s.

What does this mean for Newcastle on the field in 2021-22?

In all likelihood that Ashley will remain owner for the vast majority of the season. At least."

104th in a list of 105 cases.  This will take years to resolve and the Saudis simply won't wait that long. It's over.

There will probably be discussions on timescales and how a delay would impact clubs operations if they are still being impacted on each day by uncompetitive behaviour.

so it doesn’t mean we will be heard in 104th position, we will get bumped up.

Furthermore the judge could be quite specific on how delay could lead to larger penalties or more severe action being taken which may scare the PL into settling. Might even demand the club retains access to organisations that they are currently involved in - that would mean immunity to relegation.

The Athletic article is missing a trick though. Ashley will go ahead with the CAT case regardless of whether the Saudi’s have walked or not, this is his insurance policy to get paid.

So even if the case won’t be heard for a while, if the judge rules that the court does indeed have the jurisdiction to do this, the PL will suddenly be exposed. The disclosure of evidence will happen much sooner and that will be things the club can use in early 2022 in the arbitration while also being something that PL can’t allow to happen as it’s clear they have something to hide.

To say it’s over is jumping the gun in my opinion. It’s about risk assessment, would allowing the Saudis into the club pose less risk than all of this potential info coming out?

So if the takeover is dead/dying via 'normal channels' then what unofficial channels could be used?

Government pressure? Hasnt worked.

MP pressure? Hasnt worked.

Fan pressure? Hasnt worked.

Protests? Hasnt worked.

Social media insults? Hasnt worked.

Whats left?

Discredit Masters and Hoffman and force their resignation?

Leaks? Air the PL's dirty laundry in public thanks to project pegasus?

Dirty protest by the fans?

3 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

The Athletic article is missing a trick though. Ashley will go ahead with the CAT case regardless of whether the Saudi’s have walked or not, this is his insurance policy to get paid.

So even if the case won’t be heard for a while, if the judge rules that the court does indeed have the jurisdiction to do this, the PL will suddenly be exposed. The disclosure of evidence will happen much sooner and that will be things the club can use in early 2022 in the arbitration while also being something that PL can’t allow to happen as it’s clear they have something to hide.

To say it’s over is jumping the gun in my opinion. It’s about risk assessment, would allowing the Saudis into the club pose less risk than all of this potential info coming out?

The arbitration is merely about separation. What could be used from the CAT that is relevant to that question?

The arbitration does not deal with anything to do with the PL acting anti-competitively.

Just now, Lazarus said:

So if the takeover is dead/dying via 'normal channels' then what unofficial channels could be used?

Government pressure? Hasnt worked.

MP pressure? Hasnt worked.

Fan pressure? Hasnt worked.

Protests? Hasnt worked.

Social media insults? Hasnt worked.

Whats left?

Discredit Masters and Hoffman and force their resignation?

Leaks? Air the PL's dirty laundry in public thanks to project pegasus?

Dirty protest by the fans?

What we really should have been pushing for is a CMA investigation, that's something that the government can intervene to request, unlike the current judicial processes that they cannot intervein in.

When NCSL were encouraging people to write to MPs that's what I asked for, rather that draft letter which asked MPs to intervein in the CAT process, something they are not able to do.

2 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

The exact same thing occurred to me earlier.  If the CAT case is allowed to proceed then Ashley is pursuing this regardless cos he wants his pound of flesh.  If all of these supposed earth-shattering revelations are true then surely the sale going through and CAT being dropped is now the PLs best option?  

21 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

What we really should have been pushing for is a CMA investigation, that's something that the government can intervene to request, unlike the current judicial processes that they cannot intervein in.

When NCSL were encouraging people to write to MPs that's what I asked for, rather that draft letter which asked MPs to intervein in the CAT process, something they are not able to do.

Sounds like a plan.

I also like the dirty protest idea.

Parceled turds sent to PL headquarters - preferably after eating something rancid.

After all, theyve shit on us....