PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

22 minutes ago, Scoot said:

It's the disclosure of evidence stage that could see the PL looking to settle the case. That stage comes much quicker than the actual hearing itself. 

I don't understand why that is a reason for hope. All that will happen there is the club claim "we have evidence of the PL doing X, Y & Z. The PL then respond with "we refute all of the club's allegations, see you in court". Meanwhile, the national media will barely give the story a paragraph of exposure.

7 minutes ago, Wandy said:

I don't understand why that is a reason for hope. All that will happen there is the club claim "we have evidence of the PL doing X, Y & Z. The PL then respond with "we refute all of the club's allegations, see you in court". Meanwhile, the national media will barely give the story a paragraph of exposure.

It depends on how serious the crimes committed by the EPL are.

If they are running an "EPL Cartel" with BEin Sports and the Bent Six, then the factual exposure of that will produce a very different outcome to what you have described !!!

1 hour ago, B-more Mag said:

Hope whenever the fucker does finally sell up he's immediately hit by a truck. Maybe a freak asteroid.

Freak Asteroid will be the Sex Island of the future

25 minutes ago, Wandy said:

It's all guesswork. Nobody knows the ins and outs of anything what is going on. Personally I'm sick of it all and I'm on the verge of fucking football off for good. I literally haven't got the stomach for it. Corrupt as fuck and stopped a once in a lifetime opportunity for NUFC.

1 hour ago, Kanji said:

My hope is MA finds a buyer who is willing to get this deal done quickly and in a matter of months we are sold to someone. If not that, then a step down divestment if his holding where someone comes in and uses their equity to build upon this club and eventually buy MA out. 

I wish the PIF backed deal would have been approved ages ago because we’d be talking about European contention by now. But the league have no interest in allowing Newcastle United become a powerhouse with the arguably the deepest pockets in football. 

That's the Big Six and their powerbroker PL officials fervent wish as well. 

Personally I hope we keep trying to force this deal through as I know that is what they would hate. In any case I have no wish to be taken over by the type of low rent buyers who they would approve of. 

I gave up on this club anyway until we have new and decent owners so another year down the drain is just meh. 

Guest HTT II
1 hour ago, B-more Mag said:

Hope whenever the fucker does finally sell up he's immediately hit by a truck. Maybe a freak asteroid.

Why it would just crash into his jean pocket and fall out of his trouser leg and be plastered with SD signs the next day.

21 minutes ago, jack j said:

Whats the chances of the cat case not being heard before the arbitration then?

Not good form to quote myself, but easier. [emoji38]

22 hours ago, B-more Mag said:

The whole "they wanted the CAT first" thing doesn't hold water, either, given it's subject to a jurisdictional challenge, the hearing of which may not happen for months, and which might result in the CAT case being stayed (or dismissed). Even if the jurisdictional challenge is denied outright, there's still a good chance the arbitration goes forward before a substantive hearing on the CAT case.

3 hours ago, Lazarus said:

So if the takeover is dead/dying via 'normal channels' then what unofficial channels could be used?

Government pressure? Hasnt worked.

MP pressure? Hasnt worked.

Fan pressure? Hasnt worked.

Protests? Hasnt worked.

Social media insults? Hasnt worked.

Whats left?

Discredit Masters and Hoffman and force their resignation?

Leaks? Air the PL's dirty laundry in public thanks to project pegasus?

Dirty protest by the fans?

A chainsaw squad sent to PL HQ inviting Masters for a dinner buffet at the embassy.

3 hours ago, deejeck said:

The exact same thing occurred to me earlier.  If the CAT case is allowed to proceed then Ashley is pursuing this regardless cos he wants his pound of flesh.  If all of these supposed earth-shattering revelations are true then surely the sale going through and CAT being dropped is now the PLs best option?  

Tbh I think, after the super league debacle, that there’s already a consensus and even general acceptance that the premier league panders to the top 6 and their sponsors. I honestly don’t think they care that this is even proven in court either. What can the other clubs do about it? Absolutely nothing. The premier league will argue, with some merit I need add, that its these top clubs that are fuelling the increase in tv money and sponsorship that trickle down throughout the league.  

In short I’m of the opinion that this “exposure” and collusion to keep it a closed shop isn’t quite the silver bullet that some think it is. A stronger Newcastle is just as bad for the clubs at the bottom as it is for the ones at the top don’t forget. The more I think about it, the more I think the premier league really do have us by the short and curlies. I’m fucking done with football. 

5 minutes ago, BennyBlanco said:

Tbh I think, after the super league debacle, that there’s already a consensus and even general acceptance that the premier league panders to the top 6 and their sponsors. I honestly don’t think they care that this is even proven in court either. What can the other clubs do about it? Absolutely nothing. The premier league will argue, with some merit I need add, that its these top clubs that are fuelling the increase in tv money and sponsorship that trickle down throughout the league.  

In short I’m of the opinion that this “exposure” and collusion to keep it a closed shop isn’t quite the silver bullet that some think it is. A stronger Newcastle is just as bad for the clubs at the bottom as it is for the ones at the top don’t forget. The more I think about it, the more I think the premier league really do have us by the short and curlies. I’m fucking done with football. 

Whether it has an effect on the bottom as much as the top is irrelevant as that horse has bolted. To shut the stable door on the other 14 horses is not an acceptable answer unless you rein in the other 6 to make a level playing field.

This is the definition of anti-competition if its proven the main or only stumbling block is the prevention of another club competing with greater finances.

Fwiw I concur that money and greed has already damaged the league irreparably and in an ideal world it should be stopped. However you can't use that as a yard stick to the clubs that haven't yet seen that, makes no sense.

All this big six bollocks, we were always above Spurs for the most part before Ashley deliberately crippled our ambition. Where were Spurs, or Man City for that matter when the PL was in the process of becoming what it is now? We were always above that lot, always had higher attendances and had far more interest for the casual football fan.

You’d think this club was a new upstart from the conference the way people go on about it.

18 minutes ago, Ben said:

Are the Premier just to deep into this shit not to go all the way with it ? It just seems the easy out for everyone is to just let it go through.

Seems that way, or maybe they genuinely think they haven't done anything wrong, or maybe they have tried to get out but Ashley wanted more than they could agree to.

5 hours ago, Lazarus said:

So if the takeover is dead/dying via 'normal channels' then what unofficial channels could be used?

Government pressure? Hasnt worked.

MP pressure? Hasnt worked.

Fan pressure? Hasnt worked.

Protests? Hasnt worked.

Social media insults? Hasnt worked.

Whats left?

Discredit Masters and Hoffman and force their resignation?

Leaks? Air the PL's dirty laundry in public thanks to project pegasus?

Dirty protest by the fans?

Make the sale of the club go  through and drop out of the PL.

Hopefully the championship accept the buyers as our owners.

Win promotion and we're back in the PL with new owners. Hard to think the PL can say no to them at that point?

Guest reefatoon

Can’t fucking stand Masters smug face. If a face ever needed twatted with a shovel, it’s that one.

I have to echo everyone’s sentiments. The premier league are a disgrace for this. The purpose of the fit and proper persons test was to safe guard against clubs being made insolvent due to poor financial management. This clear wouldn’t be a factor for us giving the financial clout involved. 

1 hour ago, r0cafella said:

I have to echo everyone’s sentiments. The premier league are a disgrace for this. The purpose of the fit and proper persons test was to safe guard against clubs being made insolvent due to poor financial management. This clear wouldn’t be a factor for us giving the financial clout involved. 

It has to stop the leveraged buyouts those IMO offer the most threat to modern clubs, I think we also need to adopt that financial rule the Spanish use to control expenditure.

Also now putting the world to rights a truly independent Premier league with a fixed set of rules ran by a board that can't be handpicked by a few clubs