Northgard

loki679

Anyone playing this?  Just started and it seems pretty cool.  Lots of resource management which is nice.

Managed to get a nice settlement going until some dude ran in, set fire to all my stuff and killed everyone.

Played quite a lot of this when it first came out but haven't really kept up with all the new clans. Might take a look at it again, though some of the game mechanics were a bit odd and could be exploited. Guessing they've patched those now.

I'm finding it a bit simple tbh.  'Tech tree' is so simple it's barely worth bothering with, battles are pretty much just a zerg and there seems to be very limited options in terms of units and structures.

It's fun for a quick blast but I can't see it having much longevity.

Thats what I got bit bored with. They've added some new combat units to spice things up, but the grid/zone thing limits movement a bit too much for me. Will have another look at it this week and see if they've fixed the things I used to cheese. Game is more fun as a 2v2 though, gives you more space to move around. 

Echo the 2v2 point like, it's really good a s a co-op and really all depends on the quality of the opposition. If you're finding it boring start smashing the difficulty up and the variations of AI clans will make it much more frantic.