The Apathyometer: Not to be confused with the Relegationometer.

Mike

Apathyometer  

352 members have voted

1. 1. How passionate are you about NUFC?

• 1 - Howay the lads!
    • 10 - I feel nothing
    • 11 - Fuck NUFC

38 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Would argue that 9 is 'don't feel a thing' and 10 is 'actively want us to lose'... 

Would be curious to know how many are at that point. 

What’s more apathetic, wanting us to lose or not caring, at all? The latter. If you want us to lose, you care.

1 hour ago, bowlingcrofty said:

Bruce just basically admitted we’ve got nothing to spend and we’ll be picking up the scraps on loan in the last week or two. [emoji38]

Business as usual then.

2 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Would argue that 9 is 'don't feel a thing' and 10 is 'actively want us to lose'... 

Would be curious to know how many are at that point. 

Voted 9 but I'd like to change it to a 10 as I definitely want us to lose every game and get relegated. Crash and Burn.

Went 8. Teetering on a 7. I posted in the Bruce thread that I can never bring myself to want us to lose. This coming season is the most apathetic I've felt or anyone I know's felt going into it. Mixture of takeover nonsense, Bruce, Bruceball, shite players and more Ashley.

I'm an 7-8 though as since March 2020 when COVID hit, football as a whole has been pretty much dead to me. No fans, no soul, no nowt. They're coming back so that brings another dimension to COVID-era football, if it was another behind closed doors season I'd probably be closer to a 9-10. But I know I'll watch the games on TV and get infuriated at watching Shelvey, Hendrick and Krafth attempt to play football and I know I'll get excited when ASM picks up the ball or Wilson puts a great finish away. That feeling is still there. Don't think it'll ever go away. My activity on here reflects my feelings tbh, 2016-2019 was probably one of the most active posters in the football board due to Rafa and wanting to talk about the club and team through the week up to going to the match on the Saturday, but that's just gone for me. 

Outside of the 90 minutes, its all just meh to me.

Weird one. I’m invested in this club as much as I’ve been in years. I want my little boy to wear a Newcastle kit for football training (I wear my retro kit for 7 a side still). I want to watch ASM, Almiron and Wilson combine for the winner against Liverpool. I want to see Graeme Jones giving instructions to our subs.

On the flip side, seeing Bruce makes me physically sick. Knowing Ashley owns the club makes me cry. It kills me inside.

My apathy is kept to the owner and management. Knowing that the PL are the ones fucking us now as well as Mike Ashley sort of adds resolve to how am going to approach the season. I’m wanting us to win more than ever just to stick it to the corrupt bastards.

I really want to see the whole institution of the League pyramid burnt to the ground.

I will put a wee bit of meat on the bone . Every season for so long now it's exactly the fucking same, our number one aim is 4th bottom.Our fan base have been moulded into accepting this now and pretty much accept our lot, that's what we are about now. Even the fans "arrogance " as said by other fan groups has gone.

The day out experience is even shit now , the match spoils it.Like others ASM turns me on,  he's the shining light,the hope,until you realise no cunt else shares his inner passion .We don't deserve him or Wilson .

Bruce is a manager whom I give no praise to, he's winging it, an embarrassing mess heading up the team .Looks like someone the players just laugh about ,put up with,aren't really playing for.

Yet the real cunt in all this has made a new breed of fan expect and want nothing but 4th bottom. I remember '76 ,the quater  final , entering the West stand E paddock at night , the smell of the hops, wondering why a bloke behind me pissing where he stood.Sitting on the concrete barrier thinking "wow" .It instantly hooked me. 

Keegans first game, the queues , Liverpool away in the cup when we had 12000 on a Friday(think) night and got hammered . Then his return as manager and the Entertainers were born .Football and hope , even an arrogance about me , you expected to win when you went to Gallowgate and away. 

Fast forward, an empty decaying soulless SJP stands there now, it doesn't get me like it used to .it's looks sad, scruffy,unloved.

I voted 11, I will always care, however I can honestly say there's not one ounce of me gives a fuck for season 21/22 . No hope , nothing .

Edited by GWN

Guest HTT II

I can’t even be arsed to give a rating, that’s how apathetic I am… and how pathetic our ‘club’ is!

Edited by HTT II