The Apathyometer: Not to be confused with the Relegationometer.

Mike

Apathyometer  

352 members have voted

1. 1. How passionate are you about NUFC?

• 1 - Howay the lads!
    • 10 - I feel nothing
    • 11 - Fuck NUFC

Like a scruffy old mongrel dog being ran over by a car. There was a chance super vet could have came in and saved it but the police wouldn’t let him attend the scene. Now I just want it put down. 

Irrationally angry that you've chosen to make the higher numbers the less passionate. Americans. 

Spoiler

:bluestar:

Anyway 9 - if only cos I get a little joy seeing Callum Wilson as our number 9, but nothing else.

7 years since I’ve had a season ticket and I think I’ve been to two games since then (both free tickets and one was in a box - so fancied the freebie!).

I would say I’m a strong 9.9.

I actively want this NUFC to lose, but there’s the tiniest bit of me that wants us to stay in the league long enough for a takeover. If we were to get relegated before a takeover occurs - then the club deserves everything it gets. And I’ve no idea how bad it truly could get, but I think it could be devastatingly bad. Will I care? Probably - but it’s too hard to quantify these days. 

:(

My feelings towards NUFC have never ever been so low. What the Premier league have done to us too has made me hate football. How they can say they are protecting us and making us have to stick with Ashley is just utterly corrupt.

I really wanted us to go down so I could watch the PL without us being mentioned. Not sure what to do now.

I might try and wait until the Champions League gets going and just watch that. Some way to watch decent football without being depressed by NUFC. 

Never had less interest in the build up to a new season. Before it starts can guarantee it will be another bottom half finish and, unless we get an incredibly lucky draw, will be out the cups sharpish.

Would never actively want is to lose like and will still no doubt watch every televised game. Try and get to a couple of aways. In general non league football far more appealing these days though.

Edited by Foluwashola

42 minutes ago, Foluwashola said:

Never had less interest in the build up to a new season. Before it starts can guarantee it will be another bottom half finish and, unless we get an incredibly lucky draw, will be out the cups sharpish.

Would never actively want is to lose like and will still no doubt watch every televised game. Try and get to a couple of aways. In general non league football far more appealing these days though.

Don't take this as getting at you cos I know you tend not to side with the majority view here and that's fine; but what is it about going to any game at all that appeals to you - particularly given what you've said about the inevitable season that lies ahead? 

I put 10 in protest, but in reality is probably about a 9.

I'll check results most of the time, if we sign anyone I'll look them up, and I might play as us on Football Manager. That's about it though.

No way am I wasting my life watching us play. If even the owner doesn't give a shit about how we do, why should I?

4 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Don't take this as getting at you cos I know you tend not to side with the majority view here and that's fine; but what is it about going to any game at all that appeals to you - particularly given what you've said about the inevitable season that lies ahead? 

Not claiming to speak for him but I think it's because it's getting on 17 months since fans were in grounds and people miss it. Some may see that as one of many different excuses to attend matches but I can see why people will still go. I've even toyed with the idea of a match before coming to sense about how largely pointless it all is. I just miss going to support my team, until Ashley sells I don't think I'll ever get the feeling of 2016-19 again despite even that's occasional shitness. 

1 minute ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Not claiming to speak for him but I think it's because it's getting on 17 months since fans were in grounds and people miss it. Some may see that as one of many different excuses to attend matches but I can see why people will still go. I've even toyed with the idea of a match before coming to sense about how largely pointless it all is. I just miss going to support my team, until Ashley sells I don't think I'll ever get the feeling of 2016-19 again despite even that's occasional shitness. 

I get that but there's thousands of football matches in the fixture list. I'm planning to take in some of the 92 this season for the same reasons you've stated (and also just because I fancy seeing some different grounds/places). If you miss live footy you don't have to go to a Newcastle game, so there must be another reason for doing so. And if you're accepting that there's no real point to actually doing so, that's where it just seems like a contradiction. Why willingly have the piss taken out of you? 

Got to text with one of my mates. He went to the match last night. Asked him how was the overall feeling among the fans last night. And I was furious with his answer.

Basically said, 'we all went to have a good time. Fuck the pandemic. Takeover? Well, Mike tried to sell the club, PL not approving, so isn't Mike's fault. Bruce? Not the players fault we have him as manager. We need to back the boys so that takeover wont fail if we stay in the PL. Great time. Waiting to get back to SJP and play our part. Missed it very much. Basically, support the team, regime can stay on hold'.

I said ok, enjoy it. Absolute knackers. Our club deserve to be pathetic because some of our pathetic following.

Edited by nufcjb

1 minute ago, nufcjb said:

Takeover? Well, Mike tried to sell the club, PL not approving, so isn't Mike's fault.

Exactly what I was on about the other day. I bet this opinion is rife among the matchgoing support. 

I know two lads who will turn up to the first game at West Ham and ask who we have signed and are they playing today, these lads don't give two fucks about takeovers and background shit. It's all about the day, the event and the occasion.

I’ve barely followed any information about us since the Euros and was pinning everything on the arbitration hearing that was built up like closure rather than what we got. After the hearing I think it’s the most apathy I’ve had for the club yet that carrot is still dangling somewhere in the distance. I’ll probably follow us this season despite what I’d claim. 

One thing that’s really pissed me off is how Ashley gets away with another season of criminally under investing and barely any media outlet seems prepared to take him to task for. We can’t realistically expect to stay a Premier League club under these circumstances. 

10 - because "I feel nothing" is an accurate way of putting it - winning, losing, staying up, going down, beat some fourth rate team in the cup - its all comes out as s**t in the end (unlike every other club we KNOW this 100%) and is meaningless.

If anything I feel disappointed when we win,get not satisfaction from it whatsoever.

Edited by Wolfcastle

Hope this bastardised and mutant version of the club I love, in the city I love suffers heavy, embarrassing, agonising losses in every game.

Bruce, the fat, fake, lickspittle yes man deserves to suffer the pains of hell as do his mates in the media. Want to see them squirm trying to say how good he is, how much he is a fan, how proper English/British managers never get a chance against the backdrop of misery and awful performances.

A club that no longer even attempts to compete, with an owner that actively discourages attempts at even trying in the cups it enters and wants nothing more than the minimum of survival in the 'top' league: utter disgrace. The fact that thousands still endure this willingly is baffling, disappointing and bizarre.

There are a few players who seem nice and decent blokes, but even then, some of them need to start growing pairs and speaking up more. The vague, hushed 'would be nice to see more ambition' shite needs to be dialled up. As does the condemnation from 'legends' like Shearer et al.

11.....Burn the fucking place down and we start again once we have our club back at some point in however many years time.

Edited by George Bailey
spelling