Your betting (2023/24)

gdm

1 hour ago, Wullie said:

Danny Drinkwater's had 6 cards in 16 for Reading, 5/1 is too big with 365.

38/1 double with Meekison of Dundee United (11/2, played 3 games and had 2 cards).

Just stuck a fiver on Drinkwater, although they're 4-0 down so not that confident.

20 hours ago, Ben said:

How did you do ? 

Not this time😕

Jacamar was my choice.

And only Wigan let me down on my 5 fold Acca, but I cashed out, and still got my money back on 89 mins, so really not lost a penny.

Keep me posted on any free racing bets though.

How do you find out what races are free 5 bets, I don't get alerts or anything.

Edited by mighty__mag

7 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

Not this time😕

Jacamar was my choice.

And only Wigan let me down on my 5 fold Acca, but I cashed out, and still got my money back on 89 mins, so really not lost a penny.

Keep me posted on any free racing bets though.

How do you find out what races are free 5 bets, I don't get alerts or anything.

you can change your settings in the app to receive them, Wigan let me down yesterday as well.

Thought it would be interesting to see everyones card process to try help each other get better :lol:

Here's mine:

1. Goto whoscored.com and check the whole league to see which teams have most yellow cards (choose games appropiately)

2. Check the ref average yellows per game (Also on whoscored)

3. Check lineups and go through each player on playerstats.football to see who has most cards

4. If I have knowledge of the players look at players who draw fouls often e.g Whoever defender is up against someone like Zaha/ASM could be more vulnerable

5. Check oddschecker against player with most cards and try find value bets

That's about it really.

Regarding point no.4 I sometimes think how could I improve on non PL games for e.g for Championship games I might not spot something because I don't have the player knowledge.

Also curious on a few things:

1. Do you prefer to pick midfielders over defenders? I hate picking center backs even if they have the stats to back it up feels much more likely a midfielder will get booked

2. Do you ever think it's better to split the games, sometimes I'll pick a double off the same game but I'm not keen on one of them and it might be best to pick one player from one game and one from another

Edited by Alberto2005

Tbh I just look at the line ups and go on flashscores. Start at midfield area then move to defence and look at each player and how many yellow cards appear next to their name and to be honest particularly last season and premier league games didn’t have to look half way in to the season as I had 2 players for each team in my head. 

I think I was one of first to do the card doubles on here and the prices were amazing. i did really well last season. This season the prices are at an all time low so found myself not going for the ‘in form’ players but going for better prices. It’s not a market I can see myself doing much next season if the prices begin to tank

to answer your questions 

1. I find centre midfielders then full backs are the best bet

2. I like to pick two players in same game one for either side 

Edited by gdm

31 minutes ago, gdm said:

Tbh I just look at the line ups and go on flashscores. Start at midfield area then move to defence and look at each player and how many yellow cards appear next to their name and to be honest particularly last season and premier league games didn’t have to look half way in to the season as I had 2 players for each team in my head. 

I think I was one of first to do the card doubles on here and the prices were amazing. i did really well last season. This season the prices are at an all time low so found myself not going for the ‘in form’ players but going for better prices. It’s not a market I can see myself doing much next season if the prices begin to tank

to answer your questions 

1. I find centre midfielders then full backs are the best bet

2. I like to pick two players in same game one for either side 

You can just type example, Birmingham City discipline record in google, and sky has every team cards goals etc.

Edited by mighty__mag

10 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

You can just type example, Birmingham City discipline record in google, and sky has every team cards goals etc.

Aye but I like to see who’s in form too so to speak. More likely to pick someone who’s been booked say 3 out their last 4 games rather than someone that gets booked once every 6 or 7 games. Not sure how much difference it makes but preference.

Thought process for card betting:

1. Pick out games that are more likely to generate cards, e.g. a match between two evenly placed teams fighting for relegation (Norwich vs Watford) or a likely high-tempo game (Leeds vs Villa). Avoid teams that can control matches, e.g. Man City, who are very good at taking the sting out of games in the second half. 

2. Place a double card bet pre-match based on players that either are known to get easily triggered, e.g. Zaha/Xhaka/Mings etc. or up against a known foul creator like Saka/Raphinia/Sarr etc.

3. Watch the match first half to see how the game plays out. This is especially important in the Premier League this season with referees seemingly instructed to let a lot go in the first half and then start booking in the 2nd. 

4. Look for players that have been getting frustrated for whatever reason, e.g. a striker dropping deep as not getting service, a midfielder losing the ball often, a defender constantly getting beaten. Tyrese Campbell a good example of this for Stoke the other day before he got booked for a nothing moment with Nicholls. 

5. Monitor odds between 75th-80th minute mark, crucially wait for first two subs to pass, then go for attractive odds (anything 20/1+) on players depending on what you have noticed in Step 4/context of the game. 

I believe the bookies price up some players massively wrong between the 75th-80th in both directions (some are way too short, let's say Xhaka could be 3/1 with only 10mins left, and someone like Aubamenyang could be 30/1). You only have to hit Auba once a season at those odds, whereas Xhaka you need him 1 in 4 games. 

Hope the above helps or adds extra info. Monitoring the game in-play is the biggest advantage you can gain rather than any pre-match stats for players/refs for me. Knowledge on players mindset also key. 

Edited by bovril

1 minute ago, bovril said:

Thought process for card betting:

1. Pick out games that are more likely to generate cards, e.g. a match between two evenly placed teams fighting for relegation (Norwich vs Watford) or a likely high-tempo game (Leeds vs Villa). Avoid teams that can control matches, e.g. Man City, who are very good at taking the sting out of games in the second half. 

2. Place a double card bet pre-match based on players that either are known to get easily triggered, e.g. Zaha/Xhaka/Mings etc. 

3. Watch the match first half to see how the game plays out. This is especially important in the Premier League this season with referees seemingly instructed to let a lot go in the first half and then start booking in the 2nd. 

4. Look for players that have been getting frustrated for whatever reason, e.g. a striker dropping deep as not getting service, a midfielder losing the ball often, a defender constantly getting beaten. 

5. Monitor odds between 75th-80th minute mark, crucially wait for first two subs to pass, then go for attractive odds (anything 20/1+) on players depending on what you have noticed in Step 4/context of the game. 

I believe the bookies price up some players massively wrong between the 75th-80th in both directions (some are way too short, let's say Xhaka could be 3/1 with only 10mins left, and someone like Aubamenyang could be 30/1). You only have to hit Auba once a season at those odds, whereas Xhaka you need him 1 in 4 games. 

Hope the above helps or adds extra info. Monitoring the game in-play is the biggest advantage you can gain rather than any pre-match stats for players/refs for me. Knowledge on players mindset also key. 

Thanks. Some good points here.

Some great points above about player selection, one thing I factor in a lot is how likely the player is to be subbed. Wingers and attacking midfielders are no-no's usually unless it's a higher priced single.

Doughty & Drameh @ 28/1 

Both have low average ratings on sofascore playing as wide fullbacks up against B Johnson and Max Low who are decent operators on the wing. Will then monitor match and add in a couple of names around the 75th-80th minute mark depending if the game has anything riding on it. 

2 minutes ago, bovril said:

Doughty & Drameh @ 28/1 

Both have low average ratings on sofascore playing as wide fullbacks up against B Johnson and Max Low who are decent operators on the wing. Will then monitor match and add in a couple of names around the 75th-80th minute mark depending if the game has anything riding on it. 

Never knew sofa score did ratings based on position.