Your betting (2023/24)

gdm

7 minutes ago, gdm said:

Not sure I’ll be betting too much in the bookings and shots on target markets in coming season with this 5 sub rule 

Aye me neither unless the bookies odds reflect it abit more....doubt it though

They could potentially lose a lot of people who make them kinda bets

Mebbes they could go for a money back if a player is subbed before 65 minutes instead of before half time as it is currently...

Wont hold me breath though..

On the plus side, I think the rule increases the chance of higher team card numbers as teams can withdraw a player on a booking much more easily and put a clean player on to take one.

I'll still be doing small Lucky 15s to try and hit the jackpot but doubles and trebles is much less tempting. The trick will be to try and identify players who don't tend to get taken off, centre halves are good for that. 

I find the first two months of a season are the time to find big player odds (MLS was absolutely amazing and is now pretty awful), like a right sad fucker I can't wait for the first set of games in the big leagues to get priced up.

1 hour ago, gdm said:

Not sure I’ll be betting too much in the bookings and shots on target markets in coming season with this 5 sub rule 

Aye, I'm a big in-play gambler and when they trialled this during covid, it completely changed the betting dynamic tbh.

It's a big no from me.

18 hours ago, Dancing Brave said:

I've done a double Sheff Utd and Derby to win their leagues £315. 

I've chucked my free £2 on Hull top 6, Portsmouth top 6, Doncaster top 7 

42/1 

On 20/06/2022 at 19:48, The Prophet said:

Neil (forum member), has found this at evens on Skybet. Christ.

@bovril and @jack jasked (apologies if it was someone else), this is 12/1 on Paddy Power. Obviously not the 50s of last season, but it's decent value considering its evens elsewhere.

On 18/07/2022 at 22:16, The Prophet said:

@bovril and @jack jasked (apologies if it was someone else), this is 12/1 on Paddy Power. Obviously not the 50s of last season, but it's decent value considering its evens elsewhere.

12/1 is still a tasty price, especially considering prices elsewhere for the event as you say. 

Edit: Already been hammered down to 5/1 

Edited by bovril

Racing Post Produced an 80-page pull-out of the new season ahead (can buy a PDF copy for £4 here)

A few stand-out bets I like the look of from that:

Trent Alexander-Arnold most assists e/w (top 3) @ 9/1 - Has placed in three out of the last four seasons, the season he didn't, Liverpool had that defensive injury crisis. 

Bournemouth to be bottom at Christmas @ 4/1

Leicester top-half/Sheff Utd top 6/ Sheff Wed top 6/Mansfield top 7 - @11/1 

Reading to be relegated @ 15/8

Derby e/w @ 9/1